Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 21:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

More Bugatti models planned

Quote:

Rumors of Bugatti's demise have been greatly exaggerated, while rumors of a second Bugatti model have been confirmed. In a recent interview with an Arabian Gulf journal, Bugatti spokesman Julius Kruta revealed: "Even though it is not economically viable for us, we will do it again. We have bigger plans for the future and the next one from our stables will be even more expensive than the Veyron."
The use of the word "next" by industrial giant VW suggests that Bugatti is not preparing only one more model, but several. Previous reports suggested that Bugatti was working on Project Lydia, a track-oriented hyper-ultra-super-duper-car to eclipse even the Veyron's performance figures, although there are rumors that future models from the pinnacle automaker could include an über-luxury super-sedan, a smaller high-performance sports/luxury sedan and a $200k supercar. Although the first of those three would likely be positioned above Bentley's flagship Arnage, the second and third would provide direct competition for other products from the VW Group, like the Lamborghini Gallardo on the one hand and the Audi RS6 on the other...not that poaching each other's products has ever stopped Volks before. With the prospect of an expanding Bugatti looming on the horizon, we doubt anyone will take notice.
Bugatti: "the next one will be even more expensive" - Autoblog
Old 3rd February 2008, 22:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

even more expensive?..i was hoping for a cheaper one when i saw the title
Old 3rd February 2008, 22:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
even more expensive?..i was hoping for a cheaper one when i saw the title
There are some cheaper ones too. Read through the entire article.
Old 3rd February 2008, 22:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Previous reports suggested that Bugatti was working on Project Lydia, a track-oriented hyper-ultra-super-duper-car to eclipse even the Veyron's performance figures,
Quote:
The vehicle, currently rumored to be code-named "Project Lydia" after Ettore Bugatti's wife, would exceed the 400km/h top speed of the Veyron in pursuit of a Nurburgring lap time of 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
6min 40secs at the ring from a production car!!!! Now thats more like it.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd February 2008, 23:55   #5
JPL
BHPian

People who can afford that care may not give a damn on spending some more..waiting with bated breath for the new one though..as if the veyron was not enough..wooohoooo
Old 4th February 2008, 02:44   #6

i think that bugatti was embarased when the SSC ultimate aero beat it and that is why they are going to make something faster...soon we will have jet car running on the roads
Old 4th February 2008, 21:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Arrgghh!! Some people have the knack to cause a minor ding on the accounts of billionaires,and the best way to do it is with a costlier Bugatti!.
Ah well.. bring it on!
Old 4th February 2008, 21:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
i think that bugatti was embarased when the SSC ultimate aero beat it and that is why they are going to make something faster...soon we will have jet car running on the roads
What SSC Aero, Bugatti's have class and speed, SSC hsa only speed. If i put a Corvette engine into the Zen(Old) i would beat the SSC, but with no class. So stop comparing that peace of $&W$@ to the Bugatti

They should also make more number of vehicles, they made too few Bugatti Veyron's, when i booked one, they took my booking but cancelled it due to the delay of Loan on part of ICICI Bank
Old 4th February 2008, 23:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
There are some cheaper ones too. Read through the entire article.
pardon my ignorance dear khanak,, but it indeed is a great news.now the cheaper bugattis are coming we can expect to have bugattis on our land now
Old 5th February 2008, 00:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
6min 40secs at the ring from a production car!!!! Now thats more like it.
Considering that the fastest EVER laps of the Green Hell are 6:11.13 minutes (qualifying) & 6:25.91 (race) by the great but Late Stefan Bellof in a race-spec Porsche 956, I would say the 6:40 target is going to be quite optimistic. Most road cars find it nearly impossible to get under 7 minutes as of now, so getting it to that level is going to take something special or stupid!

P.S. Bellof's laps were set in 1984 & for more than 2 decades have never been broken. That gives you an idea of tough it is to achieve that kind of a time on the Nordeschelife even with the progress of modern racing cars (leave alone road cars), tyres etc.
Old 5th February 2008, 01:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering that the fastest EVER laps of the Green Hell are 6:11.13 minutes (qualifying) & 6:25.91 (race) by the great but Late Stefan Bellof in a race-spec Porsche 956, I would say the 6:40 target is going to be quite optimistic.
Quote:
Most road cars find it nearly impossible to get under 7 minutes as of now, so getting it to that level is going to take something special or stupid!
The record stayed bcos it was set during the last race on the northern loop in 1983. After that, no major racing event has taken place at the Nordschleife.

1000 km Nürburgring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cars have come a long way since the early 80s. In comparison, the fastest production car lap record (6mins 55secs) is held by a 360bhp 2.6ltr V8 radical SR8 running on Dunlop Direzza tyres.

Nürburgring Nordschleife Lap Record Smashed

The Buggati is gonna have a 1175bhp 8ltr W16 engine with styling close to that of a LeMan racer.

Unlike the Veyron, this car is said to be far more track oriented.

Rumormill: Bugatti developing $3m uber-Veyron track car - Autoblog

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 5th February 2008 at 01:47.
Old 5th February 2008, 02:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Cars have come a long way since the early 80s. In comparison, the fastest production car lap record (6mins 55secs) is held by a 360bhp 2.6ltr V8 radical SR8 running on Dunlop Direzza tyres.
Agreed, they have come a long way but 25 years is a really long time. Even today the most extreme road cars can't dip under the 7min mark despite having semi-slick rubber & all that.

As for the Radical, I think both of us know that it's road-legal in a literal sense only, there is no way someone can use this as a daily driver. I don't want to argue about this but I think it's been discussed before already that these cars are just weekend toys for people who want to take their cars to the track on the weekends & drive them back rather than trailering them.

Which poses the question whether the Bugatti is going to be a weekend only car or something daily usable? Not that someone would want to use it daily but still for an accurate comaprison it shouldn't be something half-baked & neither here, nor there types.
Old 5th February 2008, 03:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't matter if it's a daily driver or a weekend track racer. If they can manage a 6min 40sec time, that itself will be an achievement for a production vehicle.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks