Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 18:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hyundai is following Maruti's old strategy. Launch new product and also keep its old model in the market.

Accent>>>Verna
Santro>>> I10
Getz>>> I20
Elantra>>>I30???

OT: If sachin would have been the brand ambassador for the I series of cars, the ads would have be "I ga!" (typical marathi word for ooi maa!) I la, lapak lapak!
I just saw an i30 at the Vienna airport. Looks stunning. Though it didnt seem to be in the same league as the Elantra. Maybe the sedan version does!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i30 Car of the year in Spain-31052008001.jpg  

Hyundai i30 Car of the year in Spain-31052008002.jpg  

Hyundai i30 Car of the year in Spain-31052008003.jpg  

Hyundai i30 Car of the year in Spain-31052008.jpg  

Old 6th June 2008, 22:36   #17
BHPian

The headlights and the bonnet-windscreen rake angle looks so i10-esque!
Old 6th June 2008, 22:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

I guess only length/engine and interiors are what seperate the 10 20 and 30. The i30 front grille looks exactly like the i10.
Old 6th June 2008, 23:22   #19
BHPian

the i30 is the hatch or wagon version of elantra
Old 6th June 2008, 23:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai seems to have hit the Jackpot with the I Series. All I's ( 10,20,30 ) look stunning IMHO.

The I is doing to Hyundai, what the I did to Apple

Waiting for Diesels on these beauties. Surely to be a big Success.
Old 6th June 2008, 23:34   #21
BHPian

totally agree with you,the grill looks exactly like i10?
BTW:it was expected that i30 would be elantra`s replacement.and i30 is a hatckback,shouldnt it be a sedan ??
Old 3rd July 2008, 11:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

Accent>>>Verna
Santro>>> I10
Getz>>> I20
Elantra>>>I30???
In South Korea i30 is already launched and I feel it will be placed along with Getz but in this article they are comparing i20 with Getz. In length wise i30 look like same as Getz as Hatchback sedan. I can see quite a few i30 in Korea. But there are not i10 and i20. Getz aka Click in Korea is already outdated and Hyundai already stopped production of Click way back. I can see very few Santro (Some different name in Korea) on road of South Korea (segment below of i30). i30 is next model to Santro in South Korea. Santro is originally model of KIA Motors (Another Korean Car company) but after buying some stake in KIA, Hyundai is selling it with its own brand. It was originally know as KIA ATOS. This is another example of Badge Engineering

Also from few of my Korean colleagues, I got to know that the new Verna (very much popular in India) is not very popular in Korea. Infact no body wants to buy it in Korea. They says design and built is not up to the mark. In Korea, Accent of India was sold as Verna. The Accent is completely different design old car in South Korea.

South Korea is filled with many SUVs/Sedans/MUVs/HatchBacks. Sometimes after my next visit I will start one thread on South Korean Car Scene. There are many intersting SUVs/Sedans/MUVs/Hatchback in South Korean Market from different South Korean Auto companies like Hyundai, KIA, SsangYong Motors, GM Daewoo, Samsung Renault motors etc.

In one line I can say, They are blessed with so many models of cars in each and every segment.

Santa Fe is good looking SUV in South Korea. Infact it is one of the popular car in South Korea. My Korean colleague owns one and it is really very good 4X4 vehicle made by Hyundai. Here is the PIC of Santa Fe (Source: www.analogsterio.com)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i30 Car of the year in Spain-santa-fe.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks