Team-BHP - Outrageous 80's
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Outrageous 80's (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/361-outrageous-80-s.html)

I realise that many of us are W126 fans, the last true S class in my books, no offence to any later S class owners.
But I stumbled on a couple of whoppers.

A gull winged 560 SEC turned muscle car, why???

A Knight-Rider looking 560 SEC

some class acts...

and some not so class acts...

and the finale...

what do you think of the roaring 80's

If you must know I do love the 560 SEC. My dream car before the advent of the E36 M3. Pitty it was only in automatic transmission.

Ouch, I just dont know why people even bother. Gull wings and the like on a W126 are hideous....Something light putting blinking Diwali lights on the mona lisa.

I'd rather have mine the regular way:

GTO

Beautiful pic GTO!!!!!! (dyu have a higher res version? any others?)

heres a similar looking W123.

Wow

it feels soooo good to see the old Mercs. Their beauty is so umatched even to this day. My dream Merc?? An immaculately maintained 560 or 500 SEL.. the car I so grew up with .. Delicious.

Cheers

Dippy

Ps. GTO great pic

Rehaan, this ones for you. Heres some the best from my collection

Thanks for makin my day GTO pal.. Seen those pics and already started comparing em with todays designs
Doesnt even come an inch close in beauty according to me

Although the W126 was great, my all time favorite S class is the W140. Those were and still are just so imposing and stately, you just can't ignore them. I love that double glazing and those HUUUGE heavy doors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]my all time favorite S class is the W140.

The W140 ranks high up there for me too, but the 126 wins by the slightest of margins. I love the W140 just for the fact that its so HUGE and extreme in nature.

GTO

hey gto, nice pics. isnt this the same car u had posted in FI??

Lovely pics guys. The gullwing SECs don't appeal much to me though. A designing garage near Hamburg had made a gullwing 500SEC for an Arab client. It was lavishly equipped. Way back, in 1984, a replica of the same would cost a whopping £125,000.
Like all of you, the W126 Series SEL and SEC and the W140 Series S Class cars are my favourites too. The new S Class just dosen't have the same pulling power.

the 140's and the 126's .. dont they look like they're simply drop forged out of metal , i mean the newer ones have evolved with newer technology in their chassis design, alluminium alloy and blah blah.. but theres nuthing like good old heavy metal

I love the W126's for their shear brute looks. I dunno who would do up their cars the way those pics depict. I mean subtle changes like the ones GTO sent are really appealing. Less is much much more. And when it comes to subtle AMG is th clear winner. 560 SEC for me.

Hey,

Thanks for the pics.
Check out this page, some interesting pictures.

cya
R