Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 07:39   #31
BHPian

I'll go with the Atom, saw it sometime back on BBC Top gear, what a fantastic machine, I think they had mentioned that it has a Honda engine, but I'm not sure.
Old 4th July 2008, 07:43   #32
BHPian

Definitely the ariel atom because of its look.Kind of sproty raw brutal mchine.
Old 4th July 2008, 08:22   #33
BHPian

The Ariel Atom looks so much more badass than the other two. And a 1000 bhp to a tonne is pretty damn quick.

Have heard it also handles better than the other 2.

The original Atom had the Type R's engine with a supercharger, and this one's V8 is based on a bike engine, possibly Honda or Suzuki.
Old 4th July 2008, 08:42   #34
BHPian

Atom! Atom! Atom! And I want my cheeks pushed right back into my skull
Old 4th July 2008, 09:53   #35
BANNED

I love this car !!!!

Have any one of you guys seen Jeremy Clarkson(BBC top Gear) Review of the Ariel Atom ?

I have the DVD with me

One helluva Review!!!!!!

I've heard the old Atom had Civic TypeR Engine on it.

Last edited by nripin : 4th July 2008 at 09:54. Reason: addition
Old 4th July 2008, 11:09   #36
BHPian

Ariel Atom

I'm surprised she's not shod with lower profile tyres.
Old 4th July 2008, 12:07   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Im sorry but you are mistaken. The Atom has a toyota engine with a turbo. And the Atom that has been shown is not the production spec.
The V8 atom has the same engine as in the RS V8 caterhram, from RS performance, and all the the other Atoms upto Atom 3 use Honda civic type R engines in different tune levels, these V8 engined car were demonstration car,for RS performance. Now They may go into production.
The engines were initially 2.6 liter exact double of the hayabusa capacity , but the engines in these cars have slightly less capacity. In fact the engines can rev upto 12,000 rpm, but in the cars it's limited to 10,000 rpm.
Ariel never used Toyota engines, even the USA models, use GM's Eco-Tech engines and not toyota.

Last edited by dinar : 4th July 2008 at 12:14.
Old 5th July 2008, 19:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Would you be so kind as to provide a link please? Theres tons of fake/badly tagged stuff on there and i dont feel like searching :(
Here you go.

Goddy
Old 5th July 2008, 20:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Here you go.

YouTube - Top Gear: Atom

Goddy
Thank you kind sir!
Old 20th April 2010, 17:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

New Ariel Atom 500 V8

Ariel Atom 500 V8

Source :Ariel Atom 500 V8

Ariel announce the latest version of the Atom - the Ariel Atom 500, powered by a small V8 engine. With over 500bhp in a 500kilo package the Atom 500 will boast one of the highest power to weight ratios ever for a production car, ever. At over 1000bhp per tonne the Atom 500 will be the ultimate statement in performance and is destined to be made in a limited edition.
The V8 powered Atom is the first of some exciting developments from Ariel due to be released though 2008 and builds on the growing reputation that the company has for putting the passion back into driving and producing cars that are fun to drive as well as fast both on and off the track.
The 500 started life as a one off special project with RS Developments in 2007 and features the Russell Savory designed 2.4 litre V8 engine coupled to a 6 speed sequential Sadev gearbox. Developing over 500bhp at 10,000rpm the supercharged engine features all alloy construction, 5 valves per cylinder and a dry sump. The gearbox will have flatshift capability, a paddle gearchange with manual override as well as launch and traction controls.
Recognisable by the twin rear intakes for intercoolers the Atom 500 will feature a unique colour scheme for chassis, wheels and bodywork combined with carbon fibre panels and carbon fibre aerofoils. Other features will include chromemoly aerofoil wishbones, integrated function steering wheel, Alcon 4 pot caliper brakes and Dymag magnesium wheels.
Said Simon Saunders, Director of Ariel, 'This is an interesting project for us and an experimental departure from what we normally produce. For a few customers the Atom 500 will be the ultimate expression of lightweight performance and represents the outer limits of what is achievable in a road registered car. We also use this sort of project to explore the possibilities of how we can improve our standard cars. The Honda engined production cars already combine all the elements that we want in an Atom and by pushing the envelope to these sorts of extremes we can further improve the breed'.
The Atom 500 will be produced in Somerset at the new Ariel factory with the first car available from Spring this year. Prices have not yet been finalised but Ariel's commitment to performance for value will ensure that the Atom 500 is competitive in cost as well as performance.
With the standard Atom 300 already achieving sub 3 second times to 60mph and sub 7 second times to 100mph, the 500 will take this one stage further with record breaking production car possibilities.

Would love to own this beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Ariel Atom 500 V8-atom_500_v8.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st April 2010 at 11:32. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before creating a new thread.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:43   #41
BHPian

This Atom looks good but it seems to be more of a track car than an road car.
It would be more fun for the owner if they have a race track in their city than driving in the normal roads.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thatats very true. But I think in roads like abroad it would be equal fun too ,just to see the brutal acceleration.Would be perfect for chennai right ? LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
This Atom looks good but it seems to be more of a track car than an road car.
It would be more fun for the owner if they have a race track in their city than driving in the normal roads.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

I would like to see what happens to jeremy's face on this one!
Old 20th April 2010, 19:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I would like to see what happens to jeremy's face on this one!
This is what will happen!
Attached Thumbnails
Ariel Atom 500 V8-jeremyclarkson2nt9.jpg  

Old 20th April 2010, 20:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

When Autocar UK did the 0-100-0 test last year.

They including a 450bhp Ariel Atom but guess what, it completed the test in 11.05secs while the 300bhp Atom did it in 11.00.

So, im not sure how fast this Atom is going to be. You might be able to notice the diff only after 100mph.

The world’s fastest cars from 0-100-0 mph (in order)

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks