Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 10:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chrysler Celebrates 25,000th Viper

Chrysler is planning a big bash to commemorate the production of the 25,000th Dodge Viper at its Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, MI. The event, due to take place tomorrow, will celebrate the big snake’s penchant for simultaneously thrilling and scaring the pants off enthusiasts for over a decade and a half.

Details here->Autoblog
Attached Thumbnails
Chrysler Celebrates 25,000th Viper-1950.jpg  

Old 12th March 2008, 11:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have driven a Viper once, and a classic blue with silver racing stripes example at that! The power and torque delivery will blow your brains away.....it was a deeply special experience, though I wouldn't call it an outright sports car at all. Especially with that horrible steering and gearshift. A looker up to the brim in character? You bet. But a sports car it is not.

Only the Americans could make, and sell, such a car.
Old 12th March 2008, 12:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have driven a Viper once, and a classic blue with silver racing stripes example at that! The power and torque delivery will blow your brains away.....it was a deeply special experience, though I wouldn't call it an outright sports car at all. Especially with that horrible steering and gearshift. A looker up to the brim in character? You bet. But a sports car it is not.

Well, that's the definition of a muscle car, isn't it?
Go back in time, all the original American muscle cars were great looking had loads of power, torque and poor steering / handing and a heavy gears.
Old 12th March 2008, 17:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

The gearbox had to carry the loads of power guys.If not before our brains blowing off the gear box will.I still remember having a huge poster of the viper rt 10 on my bedside which was the same size of the bed.very good shape and what character .
ram
Old 12th March 2008, 19:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And they are the only ones to buy such cars,as well.
They need raw power in everything. make it huge,throw in a V8 or a V12,and if its a gas guzzler,they love it!
cheers:

Most Viewed