Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2004, 19:57   #1
BHPian

In the first stage of development work, AC Schnitzer adapted the alloy and racing wheels for the new 6-series. The Type III wheels and the new Type IV design are already available today.

As the maximum size AC Schnitzer actually develops a wheel tyre combination with the new Type IV racing wheel in 21". As well as various combinations in 19" the 6-series can also carry the combination of 9.0J x 20" on the front with tyres 245/35 R 20 and on the rear axle 10.0J x 20" with tyres 285/30 R 20. Just this measure perceptibly improves the driving dynamics of the 6-series Coupe. AC Schnitzer recommends high performance tyres by Continental and Michelin.

In addition, the avant-garde style AC Schnitzer Type IV 5-spokes, with their star pattern from the pentagonal wheel centre and dishing for each spoke, are also excellently suited to the modern, timeless design of the new Coupe.

The sporting performance is further enhanced by the AC Schnitzer sports suspension which is currently undergoing tests on public roads and on the North Loop of the Nurburgring. As well as simply lowering by around 25 mm, we have made the 6-series Coupe stiffer for more sporting performance while retaining maximum comfort.

Naturally our engineers and designers, working in close collaboration, have developed a unique AC Schnitzer aerodynamic conversion consisting of front spoiler in a new sporting design, side skirt inserts, rear spoiler and a rear skirt. The aerodynamic range is completed by a Chromeline Set, to provide some chrome highlights if desired.

A further brilliant highlight which is perfectly integrated into the rear skirt is the double sports rear silencer with its 2 chromed tailpipes in Trap-Ment form (combination of trapezium and segment). This exhaust system is of course not only an aesthetically pleasing but also optimises gas flow, thus ensuring better response, and gives the V8 a particularly sonorous "voice".

Exclusivity will shortly be the key word for the cockpit: as well as a carbon fibre interior trim in the new "Exclusive Design" in silver and an ergonomically designed airbag sports steering wheel, above all the aluminium accessories, e.g. for the controller of the BMW-specific "i-Drive System", provide the finishing touches.

Text and photos: AC Schnitzer GmbH

Old 7th May 2004, 22:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Any interior shots possible?? Esp. the iDrive controller?

Nothing better then those Rims... !! but hate the front lower bumper... It's agressive..but thats all it is.. kinda looks like a woman's ... nevermind lol..
Old 7th May 2004, 22:52   #3
BHPian

i dont have interior shots as of now. but ACS will soon be comin out wild engine mods as well. u said it right........kinda sad 'bout the bumper part though. now only if ACS cud do something 'bout the UGLY rear spoiler!!
Old 7th May 2004, 23:11   #4
BHPian

hey this looks good in profile...almost like a porsche 911. That boot lid still looks very disjointed thou..like a last minute thought. Seen so many new bmw pics here now, the cars are beginning to grow on me.
Had seen a silver AC schnitzer 5 series beemer at the international airport in bombay. Rims, blade like read spoiler, skirted bumpers and sides, exhausts and all. It was standing next to a dark green (or black) Jaguar xj with light colored leather interiors. Both the cars moved out together. That was a sight for sore eyes. Was walking back and forth the cars, like an african tribal who sees a vehicle for the first time in his life. Dont know if i dribbled on the cars.
Old 8th May 2004, 00:25   #5
BHPian

Wow, thats aan wesome piece of a$$ and front as well

I love it..even the front looks cool.. and different...I do like the 6 but this makes it even better..I would have to say nice job!!

A much better option to the CLK, I use to the love the older gen CLK but the new one naaah!!! no good!!

Cheers
Old 8th May 2004, 00:38   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

it looks good. looks like a 911 in the side profile bcos of the rear spoiler. however i guess they shud have used a better front skirt. another bmw grille incorporated in the skirt looks quite ugly.
Old 8th May 2004, 01:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

How about this design?

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 8th May 2004, 02:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

My my, isn't that a pretty picture. AC Schnitzer have been my favourite BMW tuners, and their body kits are just works of art for me. there was a time when i even had the AC Schnitzer website set as my home page. this 6 series looks very sharp, as their cars always do. and those alloys seem to make my blood ooze just looking at them. the rear looks very aggressive too, and the side profile the best yet. just that the fron air dam, looks gawky. the cleavage is not to my taste. shantanu's design much better since he cleaned it up, but looks a little hollow. maybe a few slats somewhere, somehow? all in all, looks great. can't wait for them to do their bit to the engine.
Old 8th May 2004, 04:19   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (need4speed @ May 07 2004,21:41)]hey this looks good in profile...almost like a porsche 911.
Hey N4S,

Exactly what i was thinking!..B-Pillar onwards this looks a LOT like a 911. (im not saying thats bad..or good...just saying there is a resemblance).
The 5 series AC u saw was a 528 (debadged) and owned by the same family who own the XJ. The AC rims really make that car! Its located at walkeshwar/malabar hill.

cya
R
Old 8th May 2004, 04:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

crazi4speed,
lol remember 6 competes with CLS and not the CLK
Old 9th May 2004, 05:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 07 2004,15:00)]crazi4speed,
lol remember 6 competes with CLS and not the CLK
I dont know about that cuz...as far as I have read the only real competition is clk, cls is a 4 door, even though they call it the coupe..

unlike what bmw might think 6 is not in comparison to the CL, cl is just way ahead in everything..especially class...

anyhow..i would only compare clk with the 6 and not the cls.. i dont know..cls would be a difficult things to compare against anything in the bmw stable..

IMHO

l8r
Old 9th May 2004, 13:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nope even though it's a 4 door coupe the point is a buyer who's lookin at a 6 wont look at a CLK due to status factor

The 645 = 72,000 euros and the CLK is abt 49,000 while the CLS 500 shud come close to 75K

and merc and BMW both aim at each other with the CLS and 6, jurgen hubbert has repeatedly said it in public also i post a lot in international forums so if u wanna know more send me a pm ill send u links..
Old 10th May 2004, 02:12   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 08 2004,23:55)]Nope even though it's a 4 door coupe the point is a buyer who's lookin at a 6 wont look at a CLK due to status factor

The 645 = 72,000 euros and the CLK is abt 49,000 *while the CLS 500 shud come close to 75K

and merc and BMW both aim at each other with the CLS and 6, jurgen hubbert has repeatedly said it in public also i post a lot in international forums so if u wanna know more send me a pm ill send u links..
Looking at the price list may be its true..but just comparing cars I would still stick with CLK since the feel of both the cars is same..

also I am suprised man..the base price of the clk500 in US is cheaper than that of the base price in the country it is made..i fail to understand this..

in US its 54000 USD and in GER its 50000 Euros = 60,000 USD, this is still not a big difference, but if you look at the SL its even bigger??? I know for a fact none of the mercs are made in US..they are all imported from GER, so how can it be??

Anyhow this is something, I am very much puzzeled about..

I know ppl say that Euro has become stronger against the dollar, its true, but then when such a big difference happens there is generally a price increase on the models, or when car companies come out with newer models the price is automatically higer than the prev gen models..so i dont know..for some cars it would be cheaper to buy a car in US, get a conversion(if it were possible for such sophisticated and complicated cars) and bring to india..cuz I know a conversion for the H2 is about 8,000USD..

Cheers..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks