Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 10:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
We already know Fiat Linea would NEVER be our "Car of the year".
On the contrary, I believe it would be a battle between FIAT Grande Punto & FIAT Linea for the title.

"The Car of the Year" award is attributed to the CAR and not the Brand or its A.S.S or anything else.

P.S: In the same way, it would be between FIAT 500 & FIAT Bravo for "The Import of the Year" award.
Old 17th March 2008, 13:21   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Autobest who? Does the award have any significant recognition?
Old 17th March 2008, 13:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
We already know Fiat Linea would NEVER be our "Car of the year".

Reasons:
  • Fiat-India don't have enough finances to buy the media journalists, who go gaga over some very much hyped car models coming from other manufacturers with great A.S.S.
  • No matter how good Fiat cars maybe it will NEVER please our Indian public, they will always find something missing in Fiat cars.
  • Average Indian public want cars which could travel over 20 kmpl+.
  • Average Indian wants trouble free cars (Fiat ? no way)
(my personal opinions only)

I will have to disagree with you. There are still loads of Fiat fans in the Average Indian Public. Fiat cars are trouble free!! Its just that its A.S.S. has let it down big time.

Linea will surely do well. But if its coming with 1.3 MJD 90 bhp. It should not be priced above 8 lacs. They should bring the 1.9 MJD and price it between 9.5-10.5 lacs. I think Fiat will improve after it launches Punto & Linea. Last few years Fiat had hardly done much. Fiat was just waiting for the right time to come back. I guess they are on track !
Old 17th March 2008, 14:08   #19

I believe that the Linea would be priced between 8 to 10 L.

Whatever the price, I am hell bent on buying the First FIAT Linea in Chennai.
I want the Linea to stand along side the Stile 1.1 and the Petra 1.9 D.

FIATs are good and i have seen their AS&S improve vastly over the last few months and am sometimes surprised with the high level of service commitment from Concorde,Chennai.

Its only a matter of time FIAT becomes a benchmark for other manufactures.
Old 17th March 2008, 14:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
On the contrary, I believe it would be a battle between FIAT Grande Punto & FIAT Linea for the title.
You seem to be forgetting that there is an impending release by Tata of a car called Nano
Old 17th March 2008, 14:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Autobest who? Does the award have any significant recognition?
Just look at the methodology,

The price, with 60 points out of a total of 240 available to be distributed among the finalists, is the most important.

Other sensitive issues for the region, like distribution network, service and spare parts availability, consumption, versatility and boot capacity, count for 20 points each.

All of these specific criteria for the customers in emerging countries totalize more than a half of the total number of points.

Other issues, common for all European countries, like new technologies, handling, dynamics, environmental friendly, are less important.

The design, evaluated with 30 points maximum, becomes more and more important for the clients in emerging countries.

No wonder Mazda was third since it had no boot !
Old 17th March 2008, 15:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

What is AUTOBEST. Seems like every person with a printing machine and love for cars comes out with a auto mag. To generate cash and freebies, give awards (if you saw the Swift brochures, Suzuki Swift won so many awards from so many mags that it seemed that it was the car of the millenium).
Old 17th March 2008, 16:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well what i heard was it is being priced in the 8 lc range. Thats written somewher on the forum.
I fell of the chair looking at the price quoted about it being 10-12. Thats way too much and not going to help fiat much but if they have plans of closing up then ya 10-12 will be a catalyst which will help them shut shop and really quickly.
Good looking car and can give good competition to many vehicles in that segment
Old 17th March 2008, 16:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Fiat is going the VW way by pricing high. Unfortunately for them, very few people are willing to pay a premium for a Fiat or a VW (leave aside patriotic citizens of Axis countries). In fact, people do not even want to pay regular price for a Fiat. Of course, they can say it is imported, CBU, blah blah; but customers pay that cost for a MB or even a Camry, but not for a Fiat. Of course, a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think we are going overboard speculating the prices!

As per Fiat India & various Car mag reports, Linea will be priced between 7 - 9 lacs, which is a great price for a sleek modern sedan like Linea.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I think we are going overboard speculating the prices!

As per Fiat India & various Car mag reports, Linea will be priced between 7 - 9 lacs, which is a great price for a sleek modern sedan like Linea
Exactly it will be in between 7-9 lacs.High version OTR will be 9.5-10 max.
Old 17th March 2008, 17:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

The car should be priced at around 8-10L Range and we can see a good fight between the Sedan's........

And ofcourse the *** should be proper from the Fiat guys or they are going to fail like anything and they will never again come back to India.....

Last edited by gowda79 : 17th March 2008 at 17:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks