Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2004, 19:54   #1

Hi Guys!
I took these pics in a very crowded Mercedes Stall at the Bahrain GP.

Old 5th May 2004, 20:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

AWESOME!

i wonder what the tail lamps are made up of? i envy you guys who have seen this up close!
Old 9th May 2004, 11:28   #3
BHPian

Wow man..thats awesome..Its a beautiful machine..but I havent seen a single one being displayed anywhere in the US...not even in the car capitol of US(LA), you have to agree there is no place like LA when it comes to cars..I was there few weeks back and I went to the famous merc dealer ship which is right next to rodeo drive where they had some unsual mercs..even the 300 slr with red interiors..a floral merc...and more..

Do you guys have any info as to when wil the first delivery be made and all that that??

Its one [HOT] machine...
Old 9th May 2004, 11:41   #4
BHPian

I was just reading someplace and it said that..the first ever customer for this car is an american who will tkae delivery very soon...he paid a whopping 2.1 mil for the car at the auction to have it before it is even launched to the public ...
crazy isnt it?? what ppl would do to have things few months before others...and have the first of the bunch...I would have imagined for an Enzo you pay that much or may be if chrysler's ME-4-12 (if it comes out)...anyhow I hope he is happy with his ride
Old 9th May 2004, 13:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sawan

Great pics of the SLR. The Mclaren Mercedes stalls are one of the largest in the mall areas during the GPs. I visited the stall too when I went to the Malaysian GP earlier this year. Unluckily for me the SLR wasnt displayed but they had the new SLK and other AMGs . I'll post the pictures soon.

Cheers
Old 11th May 2004, 13:58   #6

i think it was jay leno who is getting one of the first cars. he even wrote an article in one of the mags (maybe auto car - dont remember) about mercedes getting all future owners (those who had booked one) to a race track in germany and fooling around on the track in an SLR! lucky buggers!
Old 11th May 2004, 14:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (sawan @ May 11 2004,12:28)]i think it was jay leno ..... he even wrote an article....
Hey Sawan,

Heres the article you are talking about from our team-bhp archive!
Jay Leno & Merc SLR Thread.

cya
R
Old 11th May 2004, 14:06   #8
Team-BHP Support

Sweet pics sawan...and the GP must've been awesome to watch there too. Any pics??

The SLR is great, but I think MB is making their cars too similar in the styling dept. for its own good! There is not thaaaaaaat much of a diff in the looks of the SLR or the SL, and now even the new SLK looks like a baby SLR. MB shoulda made the SLR more unique i think...but thats just me!
Old 11th May 2004, 14:15   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rtech,

SL and SLR, well sure they are similar....but i think only to a degree where it is a good thing.
but the SLK and SLR, i think are too similar, or rather just the front...i feel that F1 type nose is quite ugly, and only the SLR can pull it of (as compared to the SLK).

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks