Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2005, 21:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

WOW : Toyota Sportivo Coupe

Hi guys got these cool pics of the Toyota Sportivo Coupe in mail today.. Drool

The Toyota Sportivo Coupe features an innovative speed zone reconfigurative speedometer that would make it easier to keep the car within the speed limit at all times, despite it having a powerful 180kW turbocharged engine.

The Toyota Sportivo Coupe went from concept to reality in under 30 weeks and presents new concepts for how we will use cars in the future and challenges century-old technology such as metal number plates.

The conventional licence plate is replaced on Sportivo coupe with the licensed driver's I.D, the person responsible for use of the vehicle. This would theoretically allow governments and regulatory bodies the opportunity to deal directly with the person responsible for the operation of the vehicle regarding speeding fines, toll charges and even parking fines - rather than the owner.

Powering the Sportivo Coupe is a forced induction version of the 2.4-litre [2AZ-FE] engine introduced with the Australian-built Camry that was launched in 2002. Melbourne-based Automotive Performance Solutions installed a Garrett GT25 turbocharger that features the latest water-cooled technology and roller bearings for faster "spool up" response and improved durability.

As such, power output has increased by 60 percent from 112kW to 180kW @ 5500rpm. Torque is 305Nm @ 4500rpm, an increase of 55 per cent over the standard engine's 218Nm.

Furthermore, an electronic park brake was developed by PBR to replace a manual cable-operated item. "This car is all about breaking the mould for Toyota Australia," project manager Rob Allen said.

"We felt that, if we were going to look at younger people, we would focus on a group that was yet to emerge as car owners, but who would be influential in the future."

Source: [color=#800080]http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/melb04_2.htm[/color]

Techno
Old 31st January 2005, 22:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looks good and has some innovative features. I am sure it's a concept and toyota has no plans to put it into production for a few years more.
Old 3rd February 2005, 18:19   #3
BHPian

This Toyotas way of sayin"Look guys we can make real ugly things"
Old 3rd February 2005, 19:07   #4
BHPian

Eeowh, What is that?!! Hope it reamains a concept....
Old 3rd February 2005, 19:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

It looks yuck! Plain ugly(No offense meant). yeah, i agree with vinsanity, i hope it remains a concept.
Old 3rd February 2005, 20:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Eeowh, What is that?!! Hope it reamains a concept....
totally that it remains a concept...well no offence ment ....but what's the big deal in this car..i mean just a little fancy stuff thrown in...frankly personally i feel its unnecessary i call this "COMPULSORY CONCEPT/LAUNCHING"
Old 3rd February 2005, 23:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Does it have Windows XP in it????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks