Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 01:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Survey reveals ford is second to none.

Ford has equalled Toyota and Honda in Quality surveys and interiors. A feat in its own right. This is just a pointer that the turnaround is going in the right direction. Kudos to Ford.

I will let the article do the talking.

albawaba.com middle east news information::New quality study shows Ford is second to none

This comes at a time when Ford in India got a boost in image with Car mags ppl getting excellent Fe figures.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd April 2008 at 01:31.
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:09   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Ford has equalled Toyota and Honda in Quality surveys and interiors. A feat in its own right. This is just a pointer that the turnaround is going in the right direction. Kudos to Ford.

I will let the article do the talking.

albawaba.com middle east news information::New quality study shows Ford is second to none

This comes at a time when Ford in India got a boost in image with Car mags ppl getting excellent Fe figures.
I'd say thats believable atleast for "certain" ford cars I know of. Saying that all Ford cars match up with the Japanese, I think, is stretching it a bit too far.
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

isnt that a stereotypical reply?
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You believe those figures?

Quote:
isnt that a stereotypical reply?
No. that's a realistic reply. A stereotypical reply will state that all Ford cars are pieces of junk & can never match up to the standards set by the Japs.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

I didnt even believe Honda City's giving those magical numbers with CVT as per the mags. Others still do and swear by it. why is it wrong when they do it with a ford?

and they recently matched those standards set by japs.

what do you drive?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd April 2008 at 14:00.
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didnt even believe Honda City's giving those magical numbers with CVT as per the mags. Others still do and swear by it.
I don't believe any of their figures either. Most are hogwash.

Quote:
why is it wrong when they do it with a ford?
You can read the doubts/questions here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ve-33-kpl.html (Autocar India & Ford Fiesta achieve 33 kpl?)

Quote:
and they recently matched those standards set by japs.
Where exactly did this happen? Is this why their sales are dropping & losses are mounting with every passing day.

Quote:
what do you drive?
A Honda & a Hyundai.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:52   #7
Team-BHP Support

The research is by a little known RDA group. Thats besides the point. The real point is that we have a news article mentioning a research, without telling what was the sample data etc., etc.,
For example The research could have been based on 100 people from "We love ford" community on orkut or Facebook.

So until we know the details of a research its hogwash.
For example I can do a research and conclude that A Indica diesel accelerates faster than a swift petrol, all I have to do is tow a truck with the swift while doing the research, and leave out the details.
So I won't be lying, I just won't be telling the complete truth.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:04   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well said!
most research conducted in most consumer goods industries is skewed heavily towards what the particular consumer goods industry (read: chap who has commissioned and is paying for the research) wants to hear.
While I will not trash all research indiscriminately, for the most part, it is bunkum or only partially true at best.
To confound the general public by clouding issues with the use of words seems to be the mantra these days!
Its the same story with the TRP ratings on TV Channels - how many of you have ever been consulted as to which channels you regularly watch, if at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The research is by a little known RDA group. Thats besides the point. The real point is that we have a news article mentioning a research, without telling what was the sample data etc., etc.,
For example The research could have been based on 100 people from "We love ford" community on orkut or Facebook.

So until we know the details of a research its hogwash.
For example I can do a research and conclude that A Indica diesel accelerates faster than a swift petrol, all I have to do is tow a truck with the swift while doing the research, and leave out the details.
So I won't be lying, I just won't be telling the complete truth.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I don't believe any of their figures either. Most are hogwash.

You can read the doubts/questions here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ve-33-kpl.html (Autocar India & Ford Fiesta achieve 33 kpl?)

Where exactly did this happen? Is this why their sales are dropping & losses are mounting with every passing day.
Even I dont favour surveys, but the same holds true for brands too. How come we dont have a thread for bashing Honda city and overdrive for their explicit FE figures?

I dont drive a ford and I may not even buy it but then Honda aint on my priority list either.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I dont favour surveys, but the same holds true for brands too. How come we dont have a thread for bashing Honda city and overdrive for their explicit FE figures?
Quite a few people including me have expressed our doubts openly on the NHC threads on both the FE figures claimed by the company/magazines & even users. If you want you can search the threads.

And if you feel the Honda fiasco is as big as the Ford-ACI one (claiming 33 kmpl in our traffic conditions!) then please go ahead & start a new thread. I'll definitely post my views in that thread.

Quote:
I dont drive a ford and I may not even buy it but then Honda aint on my priority list either.
So are you trying to prove you're neutral? You do drive two Japs if I remember correctly, that should be proof enough combined with your obsession for the Lancer. I don't think anyone doubts you on that.
Old 22nd April 2008, 17:48   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

LOL! The RDA who survey? Actually, the findings of this report are not surprising when you consider that Ford appears to be their client and you have statements like this on their website:

Quote:
RDA Group recently was named Ford Motor Company’s Top Market Research Supplier
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
LOL! The RDA who survey? Actually, the findings of this report are not surprising when you consider that Ford appears to be their client and you have statements like this on their website:
So much for the research findings putting Ford in the top league.

All these FE drives are hogwash (be it by any manufacturer). Actually IMO these should be banned because a normal person tends to actually believe these figures and thinks that he will get the same in his normal usage, leading to disappointment.

BTW, nobody here believes the absurd FE figures put forth by Overdrive for NHC either.
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:15   #13
rippergeo

Ford will never catch up.
My brother broke a RVM on his endeavour 2 months ago. still waiting for a replacement.
this is what he's doing right now
he should have bought the tucson like I told him.

Old 22nd April 2008, 21:21   #14
BHPian

Dude devarshi honestly. Lets forget these surveys. Lets see if you've actually experienced first hand what these vehicles are like. Have u sat in a Ford Mustang?? EVER? Have u seen the interior fit and finish quality. Whether stereotypical or not. I'm talking straight from what I see and feel when I climb into a ford. Ford Focus in the USA and the Mustang are just to name 2 of their most selling cars. Let the quality of atleast these two be good enough. The interior quality is pathetic. At the same time I'm not saying that about all ford vehicles.

The Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan etc are fine cars. I've even been in a Ford Flex and its not even launched yet and I'l vouch for its quality but NOT ALL cars are as good. and soooo I say that not all cars are as good as they say they are. And honestly these darn surveys are probably cash-fueled by these big manufacturers themselves.

Last edited by highwayblaze : 22nd April 2008 at 21:23.
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:16   #15
BANNED

Another day, Another survey. This time, it applies to be a bit too good to be realistic kind.

Other than relying/believing on these kinda surveys, we should spend our time and energy on test driving these brands and come to our own conclusions. Our known friends, enthusiasts will be of help too. We should also be eager to know what our relatives/friends feel about their cars. Listen to their opinions, suggestions. This, into whole will make us decide about a car/manufacturer/brand.

And then, we have our own motoring home, Team-bhp! Where we can share and gain lots of information, experiences etc...

Why should we simply get hogged by these biased, factless surveys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks