Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2004, 14:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Last I remember were prominent in RX-7 and Lotus Esprit
Hey rtech the soon to be launch Esprit has also lost the popups. Great pics Rehaan.. Taken by our old faithful A70?

Cheers
Old 19th April 2004, 18:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

the 612 really looks very good, althought it doesn't have "FERRARI" type designs. I love these cars just the way I love the old 250 GTV [this was a 2+2] and the 250 GTSWB.
Old 19th April 2004, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Yepp, very sweet pics Rehaan.. by the way what motorshow is it? I mean which place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Quote
Last I remember were prominent in RX-7 and Lotus Esprit

Hey rtech the soon to be launch Esprit has also lost the popups.
Dippy ,
That was me. Actually pop ups may be dated, but I really miss them..
By the way 'the soon to be launch Esprit has also lost the popups' does it mean that no production car has POP-Ups now?
Old 19th April 2004, 23:01   #19
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ya the new Esprit also has lost the pop-ups.So has the Corvette. The NSX too.
The pop ups really looked good on these cars.
Old 19th April 2004, 23:44   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Come to think of it, I cant think of a single currently-produced car with pop-up headlights. What a shame to what is one of the single most important design cues to the sports cars of yesteryears.

Now I have one more reason to hate the new-age car design trends.

GTO
Old 19th April 2004, 23:59   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ April 19 2004,11:00)]boy, the lighting looks really bad there. tough to take some good pics looks like. The organisers should have thought of that beforehand
Hey,

PS - its the NYC international autoshow

Dippy - A70 it is

Rtech - umm.the lighting was bad for (digital) photography but good for viewing.......but the thing is that ferrari and maserati were together so when it was really crowded and i had to push my way all the way to the front near the cars, when i reached that section i was taking SO many pics so fast that my flash didnt have time to charge up between shots and thats why these pics are a bit dull

cya
R
Old 20th April 2004, 08:05   #22
BANNED

nice pic rehaan...hey dude which dpi did u scan this babay at..cause it took me like 2 min. just to get the pics....
anyways nice pics. may be next time at a lower resolution...will be easy on the bandwith!
Old 20th April 2004, 09:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Hey Vishnu,

The pics are all 75kb each. Thats as low as i could go @800x600 without it looking real bad.
Maybe your connection is just having a bad day.

cya
R

ps - just as a comparison, of the tiny images in the first post the first pic is 90kb!
Old 20th April 2004, 13:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]What a shame to what is one of the single most important design cues to the sports cars of yesteryears.
I agree GTO . These are the car designs you I and most of the others on the forum have gown up with
Old 16th May 2004, 14:27   #25
BHPian

I heard that the NHTSA and FMVSS will make it illegal for new cars to have pop up lights.

1) Primary concern - Safety of pedestrians .. crash testing shows more injuries with pop up lights

2) Driver and occupant safety- Pop up lights usually work either on electric motors or vaccum either from a vaccum pump or the inlet manifold.. all of which have a tendency of failure much higher than normal lights..

3)Manufactors point of view -Not that *long ago designing a headlamp was a *complex thing and expensive, designing and manufactoring lighting system which were aerodynamic was a VERY expensive proposition even 10 years ago !! *pop-ups was the best comprmise ,when down a VERY aerodynamic car but when up they increase a lot of drag ,,,, BUT advancments in sheet metal press and metal forming ..have changed that..

BUT theres nuthing like a pop-up, flash its lights when over taking u .. reminds me of that Jamiroquai video "cosmic girl" wherein a 355 flashes the pop-ups... just makes being overtaken so much pleasurable

Old 16th May 2004, 15:12   #26
BHPian

It's got nice proportions......the profile looks really cool with the long hood. But from the front, it looks kinda weird and contrived. Nice interiors though. I still love the 456.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks