Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 08:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

New UNO might be the New Palio

This months TopGear mentions that this car might turn out to be the new generation Palio. Its scheduled to be out by end of 2009. Not sure if it would see indian roads soon. But i think we can surely expect it by end 2010 if the GP and Linea do good to FIAT India.
Attached Thumbnails
New UNO might be the New Palio-fiatunoconceptsketch.jpg  

Old 5th May 2008, 09:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great move from FIAT.

Well, if this is the truth, then FIAT should ahead and name this car something different than Palio or UNO.
UNO has very bad reputation for what had happened. There are lots of people who would not put their trust on FIAT, let alone Uno.

Fait should venture with a new name for this car, and as the Fiat small cars go, it will be solidly built, be spacious but lets hope that reliability issue is sorted out. And lets hope that After Sales and Service ( A.S & S ) is also sorted out.
Old 5th May 2008, 09:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Here is how it should really look. Here is what Topgear Says

"Also planned from the big F is a B-compact model to eventually replace the Palio family, targeted at markets such as South America, Russia, India and China."

It further says that this version may also have an estate version. Adventure owners are you listening.
Attached Thumbnails
New UNO might be the New Palio-uno.jpg  

Old 5th May 2008, 09:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Why do the 2 graphics of the same car look different?
Old 5th May 2008, 10:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info thomas! The concept pic was already discussed earlier in the forum. Somehow i dont like the front grille in the Uno. Kinda resembles the Verna's. The concept grille would have looked neat.
Old 5th May 2008, 10:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

I find the grill similar to Maserati's!
Old 5th May 2008, 11:24   #7
BHPian

this could be true !

when I was returning from Ahmednagar yesterday afternoon, I saw 5 cars near Ranjangaon moving towards Pune, similar to the one in post#3 of this thread. Since there was traffic, I could not take snaps. And except for the front windscreen and tail lights, those cars were completely covered. But I didn't miss the badge. Could this be the car that we are discussing?
Old 5th May 2008, 13:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
when I was returning from Ahmednagar yesterday afternoon, I saw 5 cars near Ranjangaon moving towards Pune, similar to the one in post#3 of this thread. Since there was traffic, I could not take snaps. And except for the front windscreen and tail lights, those cars were completely covered. But I didn't miss the badge. Could this be the car that we are discussing?
Amya, you probably saw the Grande Punto. Fiat is currently getting ready to launch that car in India, the cars you saw are probablytest mules.

The headlamps of the car in post 3 do resemble those of the Punto, as does the profile (to some extent)
Old 5th May 2008, 15:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Spy Pics of 2009 Uno

Here are the Spy Pics of 2009 Fiat Uno
( Source : Fiat Forum)

Old 5th May 2008, 17:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. They have taken lots of pains to disguise the actual looks of the car! The front part looks as if it was contorted in a head on crash
Old 5th May 2008, 19:17   #11
BHPian

I don't understand why does companies disguise the appearance ? Whom they fear ? they think rivals may copy the designs ?
Old 5th May 2008, 20:42   #12
BHPian

The interiors are really good.
Old 5th May 2008, 20:55   #13
BHPian

Wish this is comes to India in 2009. Gear is integrated with console.
Old 6th May 2008, 09:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
I guess you must have seen the Bravo. I feel the bravo looks simmilar. But thats much bigger it guess.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmur View Post
The interiors are really good.
Interiors look like they are from the Panda. I liked Panda's cheeky looking interiors, though they looked cheap.

It is a 3 door car from the pics. They certainly will have to think about a 5 door version if they have to sell the new Palio in India.

Interestingly, Fiat is planning on using a new brand name for its low cost cars. Apparently, they are planning on the name Innocenti or something like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks