Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 17:19   #31
BHPian

if you want to have fun, buy a football pitch?
if you want a small fast car, buy 2 parkour guys? this was good for the first two times, after that it got quite boring.

Clarkson and sensible car advise is polar opposites, he's hardly right about cars doing well or not and secondly with the amount of biased notions and image factors he has, you can never get sensible car related info on TG. However, clarkson's column on Times,UK can be somewhat classified as a car review, although most of the times it is same as the topgear film on same car.

If anything, James May is the most sensible and best presenter of the new form of TopGear. Just adore this guy. Clarkson has gotten a bit too old and predictable, you can always see whats coming.
Old 1st June 2008, 17:40   #32
BHPian

Is topgear even available on DVD/VCD? AFAIK it doesn't (unless you count the unofficial versions)
Old 1st June 2008, 19:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Support Staff: Team-BHP does not support piracy. Please do not post direct links to torrents here. Sharing illegally downloaded material isn't permitted.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th July 2008 at 03:50. Reason: See note.
Old 1st June 2008, 22:47   #34
BHPian

Arre, why are you people still searching around for TG torrents, just go to finalgear, they have compiled all the episodes, earlier they used to host TG/FG torrents themselves, but one fine day after Jeremy groaned about how his money is being snatched away from internetters who watch shows like TopGear through internet and not on TV, the BBC office shot a mail to finalgear. and after that they removed all the torrents they had hosted, now they just have links from where you can get the torrents. else you can search yourself for tg torrents on popular torrent sites, certain sites that begin with m, i and all.
Old 3rd June 2008, 13:31   #35
BHPian

Can anyone tell where I may find the older format Top Gear episodes?
Old 3rd June 2008, 21:25   #36
BHPian

Every episode is available on finalgear.com.

Cheers!!!
Old 3rd June 2008, 22:30   #37
BHPian

No mate, thats the newer format, IIRC Topgear first started way back in 70's and was aired only in parts of britain. There are no torrents for old topgear, but you can find on some private FTPs, search around on FG.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ricky - I have complete season 1-10 of Top Gear. I told this to a DVD guy in Plaika & he made me an offer to sell a copy to him so he could make DVD's out of it for sale! But I was too lazy to do it!!

Point of the story being, you won't get it in shops, forget it! Torrents is indeed the word.
I have season 1-10 too, and many TG specials AND many JC Motorworld episodes. I didn't know people actually make offers to buy them! Just torrent them! Thats what I did. And oh, unlike previously mentioned, season 11 is starting on June 22. Cant wait!
Old 11th June 2008, 12:02   #39
BHPian

can anyone tell me at what time on bbc does the show come?
Old 13th June 2008, 16:35   #40
BHPian

Although I could be wrong, but as far as I know BBC doesn't show TopGear in India. In the UK, it is shown on BBC2, which we dont get here in India. One needs to download the episodes from the Net.
Old 13th June 2008, 20:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Although I could be wrong, but as far as I know BBC doesn't show TopGear in India. In the UK, it is shown on BBC2, which we dont get here in India. One needs to download the episodes from the Net.
BBC does show Top Gear in India but sometimes are running a complete season slow. They show the previous season in India, when the current is going on elsewhere, in Europe. Secondly, the episodes are just of around 24-25 minutes + commercials (BBC Commercials). There is no News, no Star in a reasonably prices car, just tests, thats it.

If there is something important being broadcasted, they do not even show TopGear. Wonder, how long are they going to ignore carnuts like us?
Old 13th June 2008, 20:59   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

15th 'June is 2 days from now.

Is the scheduled date still 15th June ? Or have they postponed it ?
Old 13th June 2008, 21:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

^i remember reading somewhere that it might be delayed again and that there are only 6 episodes. not sure about the validity of the information though
Old 13th June 2008, 21:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

TopGear starts 22nd June!
Old 13th June 2008, 22:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
TopGear starts 22nd June!
yes thats right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
can anyone tell me at what time on bbc does the show come?
BBC2, 8pm sundays. not in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks