Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2008, 15:51   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Must be in a ferrari somewhere ..Hey dippsie i thought you would come for the Ferrari Discovery of India thing yesterday. Why didnt you??
He must have been hiding in the boot of the car so that he could smuggle himself into the place where one of the cars and many other Ferraris are getting auctioned
Old 8th May 2008, 15:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Kiran.

Now I know where was the pic that was floating a few years back on email(as ferrari festival, also posted on Tbhp by me) was taken.

Keep posting more
Old 8th May 2008, 16:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics as always! I didnt like the blue color on the F430
Old 8th May 2008, 16:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

I really dont what to say right now. I think I'm going to faint. Heck I could live my entire life in this parking lot. But in the end I will still take a 355 and be a happy man Thanks for sharing the pictures Kiran. You made my day. And I need a DVD of all these high res picstures once you are back

Quote:
Must be in a ferrari somewhere ..Hey dippsie i thought you would come for the Ferrari Discovery of India thing yesterday. Why didnt you??
Cyrus, I really wanted to come but didnt know it was happening yesterday. Do keep me informed next time something comes up.
Old 8th May 2008, 16:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
^^ What do you mean "WHOOMPA" Porsche? It looks like a 911 turbo(930) from the mid to late 80's.
HPP - See here for "Whoompa"! I absolutely love the 930 Turbo though, one of my all-time favourites!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...e-scene-2.html (California Automotive Scene)

Kiran - You lucky dog! Did you spot any 288 GTO's by any chance?
Old 8th May 2008, 20:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wooohoo!! Now thats what I'd like to do on weekends! Not sit & oogle at car pics,but be right next to these beauties when they'r all fired up & ready to hit the track.
Old 9th May 2008, 04:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
See picture.
Question 1- Is that a 256 GTO???
Question 2- I know the beetle is red. But does it think it is a ferrari??
Question 3- Is that the "WHOOMPA" porsche?
Ans 1: Nope, thats a Lambo Miura

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-244-large.jpg

Ans 2: May be, I think you could call up the Beetle and ask if it thinks its a horse?

Ans 3: Not the same car for sure. The Whoompa Porsche is still in the garage next block from my apartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Also, my cousin works at Apple, but not sure I want to ask him to figure out who's car that is.
Please ask. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
P.S. Please email the 3000+ high res pics to me. You'll find my email address in my profile page. Thanks in advance. Have fun bro.
Well its just 300 pics from the track buddy. I will cut a CD and pass it across. Will work faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The 288 GTO just accelerated out of the gate while we entered. Its not as huge as I thought it to be. (someone on the forum said its as wide as a BEST bus). No ways. Its wide but not that wide.
Would you be interested in seeing the 500 Testarossa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Wooohoo!! Now thats what I'd like to do on weekends! Not sit & oogle at car pics,but be right next to these beauties when they'r all fired up & ready to hit the track.
Nitin try and make it for the last weekend this month at Infineon. All friends here told me that the Wine and Country Classic overshadows the Ferrari Challenge by a mile.

Guys someone also told me that the Enzo gives a hair rising experience when seen in person. I didn't feel any. I clicked a few pics from the front and left it at that ():

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-287-large.jpg

Some more pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-252-large.jpg  

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-254-large.jpg  

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-258-large.jpg  

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-259-large.jpg  

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-276-large.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th May 2008 at 04:42.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Well its just 300 pics from the track buddy. I will cut a CD and pass it across. Will work faster.
Thanks a ton Kiran. If you can include any videos (of the cars only ) that'll be great.

Quote:
Guys someone also told me that the Enzo gives a hair raising experience when seen in person. I didn't feel any. I clicked a few pics from the front and left it at that
Next time get behind it. That would surely work.

What cars are those on track Kiran? Post # 22, Pic 3 (low red car with big spoiler), pic 4 and pic 6. Could you label them please?

Last edited by n_aditya : 9th May 2008 at 13:39.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:19   #24
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
BTW which is the one next to the Q7?
Looks like an old Pantera DeTomaso.

And I was going to say Miura for the earlier numbered question, but figured that was too rare of a car to drive casually these days, nice to see it's not the case for that owner.

Last edited by HPP : 9th May 2008 at 14:24.
Old 9th May 2008, 19:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Ans 1: Nope, thats a Lambo Miura

Attachment 13838

Ans 2: May be, I think you could call up the Beetle and ask if it thinks its a horse?

Ans 3: Not the same car for sure. The Whoompa Porsche is still in the garage next block from my apartment.

Please ask. :-)

The 288 GTO just accelerated out of the gate while we entered. Its not as huge as I thought it to be. (someone on the forum said its as wide as a BEST bus). No ways. Its wide but not that wide.

Nitin try and make it for the last weekend this month at Infineon. All friends here told me that the Wine and Country Classic overshadows the Ferrari Challenge by a mile.

Guys someone also told me that the Enzo gives a hair rising experience when seen in person. I didn't feel any. I clicked a few pics from the front and left it at that ():

Attachment 13844

Some more pics:
Jesus (the exclamation and not the religious sentiment)! PLEASE let me know if they need a Chief Left-Wing-Mirror-Polisher at the Track. I'll work for Minimum Wages and am willing to negotiate upwards of 67% as kickback.

Please ay you'll record some exhaust notes for the forum.
Old 9th May 2008, 20:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Oh my God. I've never ever felt so strongly before about not being somewhere at the right time. Man. I would die to see my two favourites, the Testarossa (Agree with you totally MAXBHP !!) and the 355 Coupe. Sigh. Sigh Sigh.

@GTA : What Ferrari India Discovery thing? Did I miss an event ?? :( :(
Old 9th May 2008, 23:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Awesome pics as always! I didnt like the blue color on the F430
en contrare.. to each his own. It was a pleasant sight to see a non red/yellow Ferrari.

Quote:
HPP - See here for "Whoompa"! I absolutely love the 930 Turbo though, one of my all-time favourites!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...e-scene-2.html (California Automotive Scene)

Whats with Whoompa? I agree that that Porsche is one of the hottest Porsches ever !

Morbalfire.. nice pics... ENVY !!
Old 9th May 2008, 23:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Jesus (the exclamation and not the religious sentiment)! PLEASE let me know if they need a Chief Left-Wing-Mirror-Polisher at the Track. I'll work for Minimum Wages and am willing to negotiate upwards of 67% as kickback.
I'd gladly take the janitor's post,if I'd get a chance to be around these machines!
Old 10th May 2008, 01:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No man you're confusing the 288 with the 512 Testarossa which was as wide as a BEST bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Whats with Whoompa? I agree that that Porsche is one of the hottest Porsches ever !
Just that "Whoompa" seems to be an appropriate number plate for something so powerful & wuick! (In those days of course)
Old 10th May 2008, 02:58   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No man you're confusing the 288 with the 512 Testarossa which was as wide as a BEST bus!
Do you have a picture that I can look at? When I checked for 288 GTO online, all I saw was the Testarossa. I can compare the pic you get with the ones I took and will put it up.

This one has GTO written on it, is this the one?
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-289-large.jpg  

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-290-large.jpg  

Ferrari Race Day + Meet at Infineon Raceway-picture-054-large.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th May 2008 at 03:05.

Most Viewed