Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 23:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Look like stillshots from the National Geographic Megafactories documentary. It cover the manufacturing of Ferrari 599 from the scratch.

Edit: just noticed that the car in question is Ferrari California, not 599. Sorry, My bad but I wonder if they have included manufacturing of California in their new Megafactories series!!!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 29th April 2010 at 23:51.
Old 30th April 2010, 00:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The Making of Ferraris had come a couple of years back on natGeo: Megafactories. That episode is worth watching if you wanna know how a Ferrari is made right from raw metal to the final assembly.
They keep repeating these episodes from time to time. It's indeed enlightening to see such stuff.
Old 30th April 2010, 02:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
The Making of Ferraris had come a couple of years back on natGeo: Megafactories. That episode is worth watching if you wanna know how a Ferrari is made right from raw metal to the final assembly.
The program keeps repeating the Ferrari episode, and its one show that I can never get fed up of watching

I was just reading an article about the Ferrari Wind tunnel yest, here it is
Quote:
If you’re a car enthusiast and you’ve ever been inside a wind tunnel, you know that that place looks just about as cool as the Death Star to a Star Wars geek, not to mention, of course, that it could get really, really windy in that place.
But while most wind tunnels are awesome inside, none of them can replicate the same level of awesomeness when it comes to the exterior’s facade, which is what makes this Ferrari wind tunnel all the more eye-catching. We don’t really know what the shape looks like, but it sure qualifies as ’grade-A’ awesome in our book. The Ferrari wind tunnel consists of a steel air duct with a fan that is five meters in diameter and absorbs 2000kW of power. The tunnel can produce up to 150Kph of wind speed in real car tests and 150 Kph in model scale tests.
And if you’re having trouble believing as to whether this really is a Ferrari wind tunnel, that Prancing Horse logo on the side of the building should blow away whatever doubts you may have.
source:topspeed

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 30th April 2010 at 02:32.
Old 30th April 2010, 06:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think its a mix of very old photos and new ones. Because we are able to see both the California and the 360 in the production lines. Good pictures nevertheless.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:35   #20
BHPian

Check this -

Great Images of Scaglietti Coachworks, Daytona, 246, 365 GT4 Berlinetta Boxer and
the Images of "The Commendatore" himself.
Ferrari Factory 1973

Nice Pics of F40
Ferrari Factory 1990
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:14   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
They keep repeating these episodes from time to time. It's indeed enlightening to see such stuff.
Yeah man, in that show, they give you a tour of every manufacturing-unit of Ferrari. I remember watching the manufacturing of Harley Davidson too.

It's been a long time since I watched the Ferrari episode. Another show I liked was the "Bikers-build-Off"(not sure which channel). Seems like both shows have gone off-air now. :(
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:34   #22
BHPian

Wouldn't it be great if they could air a show on the TATA unit in Pune. I am sure there would be scores of reasons after the Nano launch.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures, thanks for stirring up this thread. I want to be a part of that !!
Old 3rd May 2010, 23:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I will definitely have to check out that episode! What i was not knowing was ferrari's have a considerable amount of human hands put in. I previously thought Aston Martin was the only one in this situation.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:21   #25
BHPian

Super pictures. Thanks for sharing.
I think NatGeo showed the entire plant in MegaFactories some weeks back . That episode is worth watching again. The perfection that brands like Ferrari , BMW , Mercedes have achieved while making automobiles is mind boggling. No wonder they are super cars and highly priced.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:29   #26
BHPian

Great pics guys - GTO & Fraz33r.
Its sure looks like a dream tour.
Old 5th May 2010, 16:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

I watched Ferrari 599 making in NatGeo 'Mega Factories' almost 5 times till date and last weekend watched Audi R8 in making. WOW!!! dont miss it.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:37   #28

Amazing pics dude!!! Thanks for sharing...
I too had seen the Nat Geo Ferrari episode; the clay castings in the first pic are used one per car, to ensure the refinement of the parts being produced.
Old 6th May 2010, 08:22   #29

Awesome pictures... Thanks for sharing.
I too had seen that episode and it is must watch for every automobile enthusiast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks