Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2005, 08:09   #16

It seems like the interiors of the b-class got lot of space..... it is saying that the rear leg room space is too good that it can be compared to the merc s-class.
Old 17th February 2005, 02:01   #17
BHPian

Looks -- Srictly OK,nothing to catch someones fancy,except for the Logo!!
Interiors -- Better than average as compared to the other hatchbacks,well most,rather all Mercedes have good looking interiors.

Verdict : All i can lets wait and watch what engine goes into it(not much of an isse)but more importantly how much is it retail for,pricing it close rather cheaper than the 1 Series can make it a serious contender in the Western Market,Asian market excluding the Japenese i doubt we've matured enough to have a 15L hatchback...What say??? (assuming that it retails for around that price coz the 1 series starts at around 12 L's abroad)
Old 25th August 2011, 16:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes B-class

Reviving a old thread. All new B-Klasse is out.

Mercedes-Benz Deutschland - Aktuelles - Die neue B-Klasse

Image courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8812333&type=1 Mercedes-Benz facebook page.

I did take a ride(Sorry no pics) in the B-class(pre-update) B200CDI, and in the German autobahn, the mini-sports tourer(That is what the mercedes wanted it to be), easily maxxed out at 200kmph and 0-100 was achieved in about 10 secs. The fuel consumption at 200kmph was about 6.9L/100kms and during a constant cruise at 160kmph the consumption was meager 4.9L/100kms. Though, like any other diesel, the cabin was noisier, but ride was very comfortable(German roads play a huge role in ride comfort). The acceleration was extreme, being FWD, torque steer was noticable, but one would be pushed back into his seat upon hard acceleration, inspite of being a diesel, acceleration is enoromous and gave many petrols a run for their money. Interior looks small, but rear seats accomodate 5 normal sized humans and front seats are extremely comfortable. Stearing is leather and audio controls, MID controls are mounted on the steering, functional and useful.
Control stalk, left side, wiper controls, indicators and headlight dip/highbeam, pass are in a single stalk. Headlight switches are european rotary knob. Orange backlit cluster with tacho and speedo. In the middle, MID with distance covered with avg. speed, distance to empty, fuel consumption. Centre console has audio and a/c controls. A/C chills nicely, enough for German weather, not sure in India though. Gear knob is comfortable to hold, fits nicely in the palm. Clutch is pretty light and gears slot easily. All wheel disks, with ABS and EBD, 2 airbags(all safety mandatory in EU), so safe and economical. Projector low beams and Halogen high beams and with front and rear fogs.
Many dont like the B-Klasse, but somehow, I like it and I feel its always better than the blank looking A-class.
Will I buy one, when I can afford? YES, for sure, I want it to be my first car.
Well, one has to take a look at the amount of equipment in offer! I am impressed. Check it out!

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/manual...iew/index.html
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes B-class-303060_223832190998079_145689658812333_560456_5680543_n.jpg  

Mercedes B-class-318843_223831987664766_145689658812333_560455_1326279_n.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 25th August 2011 at 16:52.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 18:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

And here goes the TopGear's review on the new B-Klasse: LOL as usual!

The new Mercedes-Benz B-Class - BBC Top Gear

Quote:
We've never quite understood the Mercedes-Benz B-Class here at Top Gear, except that it's a little bit smashing. Now meet the new one, unveiled today ahead of its world premiere at next month's Frankfurt motor show.
It's a bit longer, a tad wider and a touch lower than before and has been thoroughly, thoroughly re-engineered. In fact, Merc development chief Dr Thomas Weber said: "No model change in the history of Mercedes has seen so many new developments introduced in one fell swoop".
The new Bee gets a dizzying complement of Santa's little helpers, including blind spot assist, attention assist, parking assist, a reverse camera and hill hold function. There's also the option of the COMAND multimedia system offering Internet access on the go so you can update your MyFace page and tell your Internet friends what you had for breakfast.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:08   #20
BHPian

IMO, the B class has borrowed a lot from the E class. For example, the rear lights look almost identical to the E class and the front day time running lights are taken from the E class. It doesn't look anything special.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
IMO, the B class has borrowed a lot from the E class. For example, the rear lights look almost identical to the E class and the front day time running lights are taken from the E class. It doesn't look anything special.

Its not taking anything from Eclass, its the same brand, they bring in commonalities(parent-child parts like Ford). I am not defending this vehicle, but these days all manufacturers are moving towards simplifying their production line to reduce costs and have lean system.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Reviving this thread once again. Rumours spreading that Merc might launch the B klasse in India, priced around 18lakhs INR.

Mercedes-Benz B-Class for India| Zigwheels.com

Quote:
Mercedes-Benz's first front-wheel drive car, the B-Class will soon make its debut in India

While the car looks extremely similar to its previous generation it steals a part of its design from the R-Class which is currently on sale in the Indian market.

The car looks spanking new as far as the styling bit is concerned with just enough lines and cuts on the doors and the trademarked three-line grille in the front. The inside will be totally equipped with the design of the dash getting its genes from the SLS and the new CLS. Mercedes claims the car to live up to the standards of the new C-Class
Old 1st April 2012, 11:20   #23
BHPian

It's a real and practical luxury... Space, safety and build quality of a kern all loaded into one and a price that's luxurious value
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:41   #24
BHPian

I've had one for 4.5 years now, it's quite OK. The new one is not as interesting to me, as it's a bit more cramped inside in some dimensions.

Most Viewed