|15th May 2008, 11:50||#1|
Fiat 500 - Abarth Asetto Corse: 1.4L - 200bhp - 300nm torque
Just 49 units of the 500 Abarth Asseto Corse will be built.
With a wild front spoiler, a big roof spoiler, a bonnet slashed with air vent cut outs and a huge mesh covered 'mouth', the 500 Abarth Asseto Corse looks stunning and attracted a big crowd as it basked in the beautiful May sunshine. For this application the Abarth engineers have taken the gutsy 1.4 (1368cc) litre 16v petrol engine and squeezed even more power out of it, taking output up to an impressive 200 bhp at 6,500 rpm; while peak torque comes in at 300 Nm at 3,000 rpm. The engine uses a Garrett GT1446 fixed geometry turbo and power is shifted to the wheels through a 6-speed gearbox (M32). At the same time the 500's weight has come down thanks to the disposal of the normal road car's interior and cockpit refinements.
The 500 Abarth Asseto Corse has height adjustable race suspension all round, and under the bonnet the remote dampers' fluid reservoirs can be clearly seen. The front brakes are chunky Brembo four-pots (M4x40) with 305x28mm ventilated and drilled discs, while at the rear sliding brakes feature 36mm pistons and 264x11mm discs. It sits on 7x17 alloy race wheels shod with 205/50-15 tyres.
|16th May 2008, 08:07||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North America
Thanked: 4 Times
Wonder how long that 1.4 is gonna last especially with the 6-speed tranny.
And how much compression ratio do you guys think they are running with that Garrett turbo?
But the 0-60 times are gonna be in the early 5's or even late 4's.
|16th May 2008, 14:45||#4|
Technical specifications (courtsey: http://www.italiaspeed.com/2008/moto...tech_specs.pdf)
500 Abarth 1.4 16V turbo 200 bhp
• 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368 cc.
• Power output: 200 bhp* (147 KW) at 6500 rpm.
• Peak torque 300 Nm at 3000 rpm.
• Garrett GT 1446 fixed geometry turbocharger.
• Special reinforced water and air sleeves.
• M32 6-speed gearbox
• McPherson layout at front, special racing shock absorbers,
coaxial spring with nut for adjusting height of car.
• Rear : inter-connected arms, special racing shock absorbers,
springs with nut for adjusting height of car.
• Electric power steering with racing tuning.
• Brembo radial front calliper with four pistons M4X40.
• Perforated, self-ventilating front brake disc, ø 305 mm x 28 mm.
• Rear calliper with ø 36 mm piston.
• Rear brake disc, ø 264 mm x 11 mm.
• High-performance Racing brake pads.
• Rear spoiler and front bumper splitter.
• Reinforced cage structure, welded to the bodyshell.
• Lightened interiors, Sabelt Racing safety setup.
• Optimised driving position, shifted towards the centre of the car.
• Painted, forged aluminium wheels, 7” x 17”.
• Tyres:205/50 ZR17.
• 930 Kg.
* corrected: Was KW initially!
Last edited by sushanthr77 : 16th May 2008 at 14:57.
|16th May 2008, 14:50||#6|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Oct 2004
Thanked: 56 Times