Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 23:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Love the 355! Such a fine machine. Happened to see one close to work,and I couldn't get it off my mind for a while.

Rehaan..I see that Santa's changed his ride!
Old 20th May 2008, 01:17   #17
BANNED

MY MY, what a wonderful piece of machinery! Remember playing it on Need for Speed 2:SE, drives real well and quick
Old 20th May 2008, 06:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Rehaan! Somehow cars that you see as a teenager excite you like nothing else and still do so. Even today I go ga-ga over a 300ZX or F355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Phenomenal considering is a fairly large displacement and 5v/cyl manufactured in the mid 90s! The S2000 (known for its high revving nature) in comparison is 1.5L smaller, 4 cylinders less and 1 less valve per cylinder and it only revvs 500 rpm more!
Peak power comes in at 8,250 RPM !!!
Actually it depends of the disp of each cylinder and not overall. The honda is at 500cc per cyl and the Ferrari at 430 cc. Having flat plane crank also helps. Notice that the ancient Hero Honda 100cc makes peak power 8000 with only 2v. 5 vs 4v is a topic for another day

Last edited by Mpower : 23rd May 2008 at 20:01.
Old 22nd May 2008, 10:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
....Are you sure its 8500 RPM?

Do you high res versions of these. I want them especially the sketches one
Fairly sure its 8500. Very sure the peak hp is at 8250.

Sadly, these are the highest res versions of the images!!

Heres another one that i wish i had in high res!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Great pics Rehaan! Somehow cars that you see as a teenager excite you like nothing else and still do so.
Absolutely! That first impression is indeed a lasting impression. (The RT-10 was another one for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Actually it depends of the disp of each cylinder and not overall. The honda is at 500cc per cyl and the Ferrari at 430 cc. Having flat plane crank also helps. Notice that the ancient Hero Honda 100cc makes peak power 8000 with only 2v. 5 vs 4v is a topic for another day
Bore&stroke are the determining factors (is what you are saying right?) - though i am just fascinated by the larger amount of mass (and parts) that it is moving at those incredible speeds!

Chargerman - we would love to see some of the latest pics & vids and hear about some experiences, afterall you are now the owner of the specific car that has inspired and fuelled most of this thread! Does it still have the tubis on there? I remember that just around the time spiderman sold it, it began to sound very different.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2008 at 10:57.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:34   #20
BHPian

Nice writeup dippy and its easy to see how much this car means to you. A lot of ferraris have come after the F355 but this one holds a special place in my heart as with so many of our bethren in this forum. Got to hear the mumbai F355 tubis scream in one of your video's posted in another link and the sound is so damn haunting and just cant stop listening to it again and again and again. Guess the mumbai boys are missing the 355 , but i am sure chargerman will keep sending us regular updates and videos of one of the most loved cars of this forum.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

Chargerman - we would love to see some of the latest pics & vids and hear about some experiences, afterall you are now the owner of the specific car that has inspired and fuelled most of this thread! Does it still have the tubis on there? I remember that just around the time spiderman sold it, it began to sound very different.

cya
R

Rehaan it was sounding as good as it was earlier when he sold it. If you remember the videos I took when I was in the car during that night. Even Ported and F50 could hear it loud and clear. I think something went wrong a while after that. The car was stationary for quite some time after my episode with a busted rear tyre
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

U guys sure its gone out of town...?? The last time i checked i saw the 355 parked in Juhu.
Old 22nd May 2008, 12:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
U guys sure its gone out of town...?? The last time i checked i saw the 355 parked in Juhu.

Dan when was this last time?

Check the Kolkata thread. The car is there See the reg no. too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks