Team-BHP - German taxi drivers no longer hail a Mercedes
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   German taxi drivers no longer hail a Mercedes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/4001-german-taxi-drivers-no-longer-hail-mercedes-2.html)

The only Merc I ever drove was a 2001 C-130 or was it 230, anyway I don't care. After that drive I felt my Acura was a better ride. I haven't driven the E class or the S class, so wouldn't know about them. Merc enjoyed one of the best reputation in the business. It is a shame to see it flushed down the toilet like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
My merc is keeping up quite well and i like it alot but then again, the new mercs have better quality now.

:OT Lambo, don't take this wrong. I find it very strange when you say my merc, my palio, my nexia, my whatever while those cars belong your family members. When I mean my car, I refer to the car that is primarily driven by me or owned by me. I am sure that is the same for almost all members here. You obviously have many cars in your house. Obviously you are not the primary driver of all those cars. May be one of the car is primarily driven by you, that one you can claim as yours, you can call it my Palio or whatever. But calling every car in your household as your car is indeed contentious. When I was your age, I used to drive around my dad's lambretta, but I never dared call it mine, it was always my dad's scooter. Then the only ride I could call mine was my Hero Cycle.

I would really appreciate if you refer to your family cars as ours rather than mine. This is just a suggestion and my personal opinion.

One thing though, Merc have aknowledged their problems and are not in denial. That indeed is a big step. Recent recall is more of a preventative upgrade IMHO. They are becoming more focussed and more ruthless about non runners like the Vaneo( not the Viano), Smart etc.

. Obviously you are not the primary driver of all those cars. May be one of the car is primarily driven by you, that one you can claim as yours, you can call it my Palio or whatever.

I would really appreciate if you refer to your family cars as ours rather than mine. This is just a suggestion and my personal opinion.[/quote]

Adding to that, it is too much to expect dealers to take a 14 year old seriously when you make enquiries - I had a tough time when I was 25 in the UK when I was looking for a new car. Am not going to delve into underage driving but be yourself, however older you want to be, you need to grow into it, it does not happen instantly

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Worst of all a Mazda? Typically snooty European remark! Whats wrong with a Mazda, I wonder? The name?

I am surprised too. They make good, peppy cars. Maybe it is the Japanese are not as good as us syndrome. (Which I agree with in some cases).

You guys are right.
Sorry will not happen again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
. Obviously you are not the primary driver of all those cars. May be one of the car is primarily driven by you, that one you can claim as yours, you can call it my Palio or whatever.

I would really appreciate if you refer to your family cars as ours rather than mine. This is just a suggestion and my personal opinion.

Quote:

Adding to that, it is too much to expect dealers to take a 14 year old seriously when you make enquiries - I had a tough time when I was 25 in the UK when I was looking for a new car. Am not going to delve into underage driving but be yourself, however older you want to be, you need to grow into it, it does not happen instantly
Well Said - I agree completely. I would read the DEALERS as Readers.

Quote:

You guys are right.

Well done - man! - I am very glad that you took it very Positively. Good for you.

Quote:

You guys are right.

Congrats. That's really a mature decision.

Extremely mature. The boy's growing up. He'll get his whiskers sooner than you think.

Oh and i am 15.
And the dealers will do well to take me seriously because thanks to T-BHP, i know more then the car then them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Extremely mature. The boy's growing up. He'll get his whiskers sooner than you think.

Yep, and must say, he knows a lot more about the cars than the kids at his age. But I am now inviting wrath of moderators for making personal comments. Sorry, Mods!

Returning back to the subject, Mercs (DC) will get over these quality hiccups sooner than later. One should really see Germans at work. It's a lesson in professionalism and commitment. I am glad to have worked with a few at the start of my career. They are clinical (and ruthless at times) in their approach.

Quote:

Oh and i am 15.

Sort of ironic, no? 15, and SENIOR - BHPian...?
No offence meant, by th way... hehe... just another one of my quirks... :p

Moderator's note: We do have senior members here. 'Just another one of my quirks' is not really what we're looking at. What they're saying is something really important.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aveek

Hey lets leave all that alone and move on

Thank you Rudra.
Thanks for the compliment guys but before making this thread a personal one i better go and say what i am going to.
A close up of some of the parts used in the interior of our Benz reveals that though they are of better quality then it immediate predecessor, They are still cheap and could do with a better feel.
The remaining how ever is quite satisfactory and of high quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aveek

Moderator's note: We do have senior members here. 'Just another one of my quirks' is not really what we're looking at. What they're saying is something really important.

Peace.Won't happen again.

Lambo, sorry dude, no offence meant, hope none was taken.

Cheers!!
Aveek