Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 14:26   #1
BHPian

Spy Pics: Merc-Benz S-class 2010

Quote:
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is due for a refresh in 2010 and spy photographers have spotted the updated car while undergoing testing. The first prototype for the 2010 S-Class was spotted back in January, but the latest shots show the car is quickly approaching production-ready.

Although the launch of the updated S-Class is still about a year away, a few of its final styling cues can be seen on this prototype. Up front, the 2010 model will sport a revised fascia — including a more sculpted bumper and new fog lamps featuring LED running lights. Updated headlights will also be part of the package.
When we saw this S Class with new front and rear fascias, we immediately thought of the Ocean Drive Concept. From the slightly V-shaped grille, to the LEDs surrounding the headlamps, to the clean and smooth rear bumper – designers are following the direction of the stunning Ocean Drive.
No changes are expected to be made to the car's powertrain.
Look for the updated S-Class to hit U.S. showrooms sometime next year in time for the 2010 model year.
source :

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class [Spied again]
Attached Thumbnails
Spy Pics: Merc-Benz S-class 2010-mercedessclassspy1.jpg  

Spy Pics: Merc-Benz S-class 2010-mercedessclassspy3.jpg  

Spy Pics: Merc-Benz S-class 2010-mercedessclassspy2.jpg  

Spy Pics: Merc-Benz S-class 2010-mercedesbenzsclass1.jpg  

Spy Pics: Merc-Benz S-class 2010-mercedesbenzsclass3.jpg  

Old 4th June 2008, 16:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Great news!
And the looks are now definatley much better than the present.

But what they need now is the new E!
Old 4th June 2008, 16:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Those dual fog lamps make it look like a Brabus kitted car. And also note the BB registeration.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:03   #4
BHPian

the merc grill is looking really wierd. Rest all is fine and it sure looks good.
Old 4th June 2008, 17:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow they test their cars with Logo on

Btw I dont see much difference in rear & only marginal difference in Front I mean its not radically new.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:06   #6
BHPian

I'd rather have the current side mirrors on the car.Dont think it goes all that well with the design.Looks like its been taken right out of the 5.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:14   #7
BHPian

The flowing design towards the boot reminds of the CLS class. Also somehow the headlights and the grill do not match. Other than that looks good. But what matters the most in an S-class is the toys inside the car. Cant wait to find out what goodies they have included with this version.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

There is no major changes from the current version, which shows the success of the design. Merc are brave that the S is capable to withstand its full life cycle of say 7-8 years. Thats why they are not undergoing any major cahnges.

But I guess the the next-gen (W222 Series) will be msjor change. May be it follow design elements from F700 & Ocean Drives.

Dude Sudesh, the current side mirror is the only drawback I noticed in the present model. I've event noted that as my verdict on my test report. So its better to be bigger.

Last edited by hanmust : 4th June 2008 at 18:18.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:40   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Huh? They might as well have not camoflaged it and no one would be the wiser. The first time I saw these pictures, I was wondering "whats different"?

But then its a facelift. I love the way the current S-Class drives, but I just cant digest its quirkiness. It's design is the least "timeless" of any S-Class yet.
Old 4th June 2008, 19:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Wow they test their cars with Logo on

Btw I dont see much difference in rear & only marginal difference in Front I mean its not radically new.
who needs a logo to tell its a merc :P

yup this one looks very much same to the current S .... maybe they are testing something thats not visible
Old 4th June 2008, 21:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well I dont think its not much a change except that the front looks a bit raised.

and definitely they should retain the current OVRMS, they look sexy
Old 4th June 2008, 21:26   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Those dual fog lamps make it look like a Brabus kitted car. And also note the BB registeration.
It might just be a Brabus development and not a real facelift by MB.
Old 4th June 2008, 21:27   #13
BHPian

Whenever i think of the S-Class i think of the outlandish and imposing W140 series....since then the Sclass are being tamed(shrunk)to bring them down to earth...
this one is no exception...on the first glance there's hardly any changes on the exterior...the headlights look smaller when compared to the body, like wise for the grille...shrinked! C'mon guys...this is the S'class...everything has to be big and loud! it must turn heads and not be mistaken for an Eclass...the 2010 remodeling looks like our India version for cars being given a 'facelift' (change the bumper, remodel the headlights) and claim it as 'all new'
Old 4th June 2008, 22:16   #14
BHPian

Not many changes to it. I sometimes feel that designers at Mercs have not got a good raise from a few years!!
Old 4th June 2008, 22:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablywacky View Post
Whenever i think of the S-Class i think of the outlandish and imposing W140 series
You tell 'em, cowboy! The W140 is the best looking S-Class to date. Actually, the W126 & W220 are too, but the W140 is in another league with its flamboyant styling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks