Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just Curious! does ferrari has cup holder and mobile charger/12v points??
Old 24th June 2008, 01:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If I remember, Ferrari made one extra Enzo, not 100 extra. Who said the manufacturer did create a contract ? Look tat the end result - limited edition = high retained value + more. A few more cars may not make too much of a difference

Ferrari do ask owners not to indulge and filter the orders. The owners go back on their words
Its more or less a contract when the manufacturers announces that they will make this "limited ed" car for you in 400 pieces and keep the price to be 650k and have 2nd hand market go crazy. The limited numbers inflate the resale to 1m or more, when really they are slowly making more than desired number of cars. Its all supply and demand. If there were more cars, they would never sell for 1m, granted in this example they only made some 40-100 more cars, but what about F40. They intended to make 400 cars, but ended up selling 1312 Shame on ferrari for that, when you say something you might as well keep your word.

Lets take pricing examples, 1300 CGT were made, that was the intention, you think CGT wasnt as great a car to command 1m price tag? Ofcourse it was, infact it was almost better, let alone MSRP and above, it never sold for thousand under MSRP too, there were new ones with 50k discount and 100k discounts lying around because of the large quantities. You think if 1300 enzos were made, you would see the price of 1m and above for that? no way.

plus its a myth that ferrari asks owners to not flip, there is no such request. its more like a unsaid understanding, but since people(buyers) are crazy here in the US, they are willing to pay anything to get a hold of one..I personally dont see anything special about most ferraris, atleast nothing more special than lambo for instance..

anyhow my point is, when you say 400, keep it at 400 or else dont mention the #, just say very limited quantities..

Last edited by 1Day : 24th June 2008 at 01:59.
Old 24th June 2008, 04:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

I know the feeling Ferrari owners feel, the hurt, the loss, the emotion of being swindled, the degradation. I felt the same thing when I found out there were more than 400 Sumo Spacios out there. How could Tata do this to ME?

When I found out, I cried like a baby. Then I parked my Spacio in my driveway and just started throwing rocks at it from my porch. Of course, one Spacio was presented to the Pope but still......

The above is satire. What I am saying is that people who think this is an important issue in their lives need to reflect a little more on what they are doing and thinking IMHO.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2008, 09:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I know the feeling Ferrari owners feel, the hurt, the loss, the emotion of being swindled, the degradation. I felt the same thing when I found out there were more than 400 Sumo Spacios out there. How could Tata do this to ME?

When I found out, I cried like a baby. Then I parked my Spacio in my driveway and just started throwing rocks at it from my porch. Of course, one Spacio was presented to the Pope but still......

The above is satire. What I am saying is that people who think this is an important issue in their lives need to reflect a little more on what they are doing and thinking IMHO.
A nice one at that...and i agree its not a thing to discuss in life, but so is anything related to which car exists in india and how much it costs and who brought it in, but we are all here discussing it, its more or less time pass, we need automotive things to discuss because we are gearheads..right??

pay almost 5cr for your Spacio and then if TATA made more than 400 of them, i am sure you would still be willing to overlook it? its all relative. Why do you think a piece of art sells for millions, its only one reason, because no one else can have it..if that person got to know that the artist actually made more examples of the same, he would for sure complain..eg. Monalisa, what would you think of it as anything great, if more than 1 copy was made by Vinci himself?

Last edited by 1Day : 24th June 2008 at 09:44.
Old 24th June 2008, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post

Dude, When you're paying for exclusivity and not the car, exclusivity is what you should get. Im with the guys who feel cheated.
Old 25th June 2008, 01:18   #21
BHPian

[quote=1Day;874112]there is nothing not to believe about ferrarichats, if you ever go there, there are more enzo owners there than say E/C class owners on teambhp(considering how many are there). There are people there with FXXs and FXX Evo's on ferrarichat, there should be no shadow of doubt when the fact becomes universally accepted by most ferrari owners there.

Ferrari did this with F40 as well, I dont know what the real figures were suppose to be, but last i checked it was suppose to be between 500-1000, but they ended up making 1300+ cars which upset the owners, they did the same with F50, so there is no reason for them not to do this with the Enzo, plus there is a registry of Enzo owners and their car VIN nums which gives out an almost accurate(less) count.

I can't understand why Ferrari would make such a fuss about selling their "400th" Enzo if they really produced more than 400 cars for official sale to customers.
Yes I completely agree that the count after the last and final 400th customer sale cars maybe more than 400 because of the show cars. What's the number of total Enzo "Show Cars" is something I have no clue about..5,33,46??
Old 25th June 2008, 01:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

More Enzos?! Definitely yes!
Old 25th June 2008, 10:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Brabus E V12;879235]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
there is nothing not to believe about ferrarichats, if you ever go there, there are more enzo owners there than say E/C class owners on teambhp(considering how many are there). There are people there with FXXs and FXX Evo's on ferrarichat, there should be no shadow of doubt when the fact becomes universally accepted by most ferrari owners there.

Ferrari did this with F40 as well, I dont know what the real figures were suppose to be, but last i checked it was suppose to be between 500-1000, but they ended up making 1300+ cars which upset the owners, they did the same with F50, so there is no reason for them not to do this with the Enzo, plus there is a registry of Enzo owners and their car VIN nums which gives out an almost accurate(less) count.

I can't understand why Ferrari would make such a fuss about selling their "400th" Enzo if they really produced more than 400 cars for official sale to customers.
Yes I completely agree that the count after the last and final 400th customer sale cars maybe more than 400 because of the show cars. What's the number of total Enzo "Show Cars" is something I have no clue about..5,33,46??
I really dont know, but thats how it is with ferrari, F40 400 but ended up with 1312, F50 also something similar, atleast in the case of the enzo it wasnt that bad. BTW show cars and museum cars account to no more than 4-5.
Old 25th June 2008, 13:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Anyways quite a few Enzo's have been totalled. You can dig out that thread. So the prices would have gone up a wee bit more as there are only that many more Enzo's to sell !!!

What's the point in buying a Ferrari and keeping it in one's garage. Its meant to be driven and enjoyed, not locked up out of sight.
Old 15th August 2021, 00:15   #25
BHPian

The Enzo Ferrari

Enzo Ferrari - the car so good, Ferrari named it after the founder himself.

Every decade, Ferrari creates a limited production HyperCar. In 2002, they unveiled the Enzo Ferrari, which came with a 660 horsepower 6.0 litre V12 engine which redlined at 8,200 RPM and was mated to a 6 speed F1 single clutch gearbox (with paddle shifters)More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-08284e47b57f437281ec32cc578c283d.jpeg

More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-59b850d2106643d0bfe05afe611b6041.jpeg

This made the Enzo the first limited production hypercar Ferrari to feature their F1 dual clutch paddle shift transmission (Ferrari was the first to use paddle shift gearboxes in road cars, starting with the F355 in 1995). This transmission hasn’t aged well, as modern dual clutch transmissions are much faster and make the old single clutch feel slow and jerky. According to Ferrari customers, the slow and outdated transmission is the Enzo’s archiles heel.

The Enzo was capable of doing 0-100 in 3.6 econds and could achieve a top speed of 349kph (very impressive figures for its time)

Aesthetically, the Enzo was designed to look like Ferrari’s dominant Formula One cars.

More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-c2c9f76727c94b2e9a0866bdb27c7a0f.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-bba4298b8f934d4a99e46867b7d9e423.jpeg

The Enzo’s interior introduced a new generation of Ferrari cabin design - Ferrari introduced the HMI (human machine interface), which was created to make the cars cockpit as intuitive as possible for the driver.

It introduced a new steering wheel, which had buttons on it which could perform various functions, and LED lights which would light up to tell the driver when to shift gears (taken from Ferrari’s F1 cars)

The instrument cluster also featured a digital screen, making the Enzo the first Ferrari to have a digital screen. The screen gives the driver information like engine temperatures and a trip odometer. The Enzo did not come with a radio.

More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-ce9e6c4258d7471ba2b87af387bbadf1.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-5537a2ff43b043b9a7ddc82a5b60f437.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-7d80fae6a94a4380bf809ab583893ba5.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-c6b2c592cf634a83ad03d3a7d381e58e.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-b05193620097445da9f7b26eadc4f717.jpeg

The buttons on the wheel perform the following functions -
Indicators
Reverse gear
Front lift suspension
Race mode
ASR OFF (traction control off)

And 2 buttons (‘mode’ and ‘set’ to use the digital screen in the instrument cluster)

The Enzo’s interior had a label stating the units made (399) and a plaque celebrating Ferrari’s F1 championships (they won 2000-2004 drivers and constructors championships)

399 units of the Enzo were made + 1 for the Pope (later auctioned to raise funds for victims of the Indian ocean tsunami), but according to some Enzo enthusiasts, 493 was the total production number.

Ferrari later made a racing variant of the Enzo, called the Enzo FXX.

More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-1dfb46f40c37475c94486653b433d53d.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-0f6e7a2ca5cd4e26b8faca3109dcde1c.jpeg

The FXX doing a lap around the Top Gear test track -

Micheal Schumacher testing the Enzo Ferrari at Fiorano -
More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-04554b96d56b442daf85df0629579cef.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-c603fcc6860940fc9b73b5ca9c5b417b.jpegMore than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!-b9a3c65a862a4941a49a1a74cf1e6351.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 16th August 2021 at 09:27. Reason: Image tags fixed
Darkviper is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 06:44   #26
BHPian

Re: The Enzo Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkviper View Post
399 units of the Enzo were made + 1 for the Pope (later auctioned to raise funds for victims of the Indian ocean tsunami), but according to some Enzo enthusiasts, 493 was the total production number.
It’s not just a theory: there are 497 (not 493) known chassis numbers of the Enzo Ferrari. Only Ferrari will know if there are any more, but we know there are no less than 497.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkviper View Post
Ferrari later made a racing variant of the Enzo, called the Enzo FXX.
No, not “Enzo FXX”: just FXX. There is a whole backstory and logic behind that name.

As for the gearbox “not aging well”, I wouldn’t characterize it like that. Don’t go by what the “reviewers” of today say. As an Enzo owner, I can tell you that the gearbox is an integral part of that car’s character and it adds to the experience. You have to let period correct and period appropriate things be. You can’t “improve” just one aspect of a car: that wouldn’t make it better. The result of the entire car’s evolution is the LaFerrari.

To put it another way, if Ferrari offered to “improve” the Enzo—for free—by magically swapping its gearbox with a modern double clutch unit, I wouldn’t do it for my car.
meta is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks