Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

awesome looks, only if they price it competitively.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
if they price it right starting frm 4-4.5 lakhs onwards, i would surely pick one for myself with petrol engine!

if they price it too pricy like fabia and it starts from 5 lakh onwards, then i would have to drop the idea of buying a VW!
VW polo will be more expensive than fabia. It will start at 6 L and may go all the way upto 8.5 or 9L for a Diesel Auto.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

The Polo will be over priced. It will be around 11 lacs. if the dopey skoda guys can sell (actually not sell) the Fabia at 9 lacs, the polo will be sold at 11 lacs.

I would have def. bought this car, but am absolutely not sure about the A.S.S and the dealer networking. As of now if am not wrong there are only 35 dealers of VW in INdia. Will they be able to handle the pressure from the Polo.

NOne the less this is a strikingly beautifull car. Damn these VW guys know how to make small cars super cute.

Cheers
ac
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
if they price it right starting frm 4-4.5 lakhs onwards, i would surely pick one for myself with petrol engine!

if they price it too pricy like fabia and it starts from 5 lakh onwards, then i would have to drop the idea of buying a VW!
?? 4-4.5 lacs ? polo. Am sure you have missed a point here. Apparently Skoda is plannign to make a small cheap car. And do you know what is going to be price of the SKdoa cheap car ? yes 4 lacs.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro.

ac
Old 10th May 2009, 09:11   #20

I dont understand why cant they get some cars which can beat the fiat palio 1.6 power:weight ratio performance. I own a palio 1.6 gtx and love the performance but if anything goes wrong it burns a hole in my pocket as well as the parts are not readily available.
Old 10th May 2009, 22:40   #21
BHPian

Change your dealer, dear. If parts can be readily available in Delhi, there is no reason for a shortage in Mumbai.

If the GTX can burn a hole in the pocket, the Polo sure is capable of leaving a crater. I would be overjoyed if VW proves me wrong on this, though.
Old 10th May 2009, 23:48   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_p_shetty View Post
I dont understand why cant they get some cars which can beat the fiat palio 1.6 power:weight ratio performance. I own a palio 1.6 gtx and love the performance but if anything goes wrong it burns a hole in my pocket as well as the parts are not readily available.

OT : Seriously get some pants with non flammable pockets dude! I have owned a palio for 7 years now, never had an issue finding spares or with their cost for that matter.
Have you seen how VW (through their subsidiary Skoda) prices their spares?
Good luck with that!
Old 11th May 2009, 23:26   #23
BHPian

No need of many spares yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post

OT : Seriously get some pants with non flammable pockets dude! I have owned a palio for 7 years now, never had an issue finding spares or with their cost for that matter.
Have you seen how VW (through their subsidiary Skoda) prices their spares?
Good luck with that!
I concur with Pradster,
My GTX is six years old and the only spares changed as yet is 4 tires, Battery,1 set Wiper blades and the accelerator cable replaced with an autorickshaw clutch cable which is going strong for the past 5 and 3/4 year.
The autorickshaw clutch cable and monkey nut cost me 8 rupees in a village and the replacement charge was 10rupees though I forced him to take 50 rupees for helping me change it on a sunday morning. He helped with the tools since he knew nothing of the Palio and was a autorickshaw mecahnic.
Due to my experiments with LPG fueling I had to change 3 airfilter boxes and also a fuel pump which I cannot hold against FIAT.
All the spares mentioned were readily available and changed by me personally excluding the tires which required the help of the tires changer.
As far as an option in buying another car to better the GTX just wait and pray for the Punto to be released with the 1.6vgt next year.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post1236515

Last edited by drpullockaran : 11th May 2009 at 23:35.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:33   #24
BHPian

Seems like the Polo is already here with a vehicle with a not so indian number plate doing the rounds of south mumbai.
Just saw a silver one passing by twice from the Porsche showroom.
Looks good, must say.
Old 24th September 2009, 18:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

This has not been the case with me. I have spent extensivley on my GTX. price for the spares have shot up like crazy.

I am eagelry awaiting to replace the GTX with another fast hatch soon. I am game for the 1.6vgt Punto too, if they ever launch it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I concur with Pradster,
My GTX is six years old and the only spares changed as yet is 4 tires, Battery,1 set Wiper blades and the accelerator cable replaced with an autorickshaw clutch cable which is going strong for the past 5 and 3/4 year.
The autorickshaw clutch cable and monkey nut cost me 8 rupees in a village and the replacement charge was 10rupees though I forced him to take 50 rupees for helping me change it on a sunday morning. He helped with the tools since he knew nothing of the Palio and was a autorickshaw mecahnic.
Due to my experiments with LPG fueling I had to change 3 airfilter boxes and also a fuel pump which I cannot hold against FIAT.
All the spares mentioned were readily available and changed by me personally excluding the tires which required the help of the tires changer.
As far as an option in buying another car to better the GTX just wait and pray for the Punto to be released with the 1.6vgt next year.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post1236515
Old 16th October 2009, 15:17   #26
BHPian

Does anyone have idea about the upcoming VW POLO? are they offering a diesel option as well? i am confused weather to go for i20 CRDI or wait for polo?
Old 27th February 2010, 09:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Polo price opened, and looks to be a promising car at a good price,

Volkswagen Polo Pricing
Model / Variant
Trendline
Comfortline
Highline
Polo 1.2 Petrol
Rs 4.34 lakh
Rs 4.83 lakh
Rs 5.72 lakh
Polo 1.2 Diesel
Rs 5.32 lakh
Rs 5.81 lakh
Rs 6.70 lakh
Old 28th February 2010, 17:23   #28
Team-BHP Support

ruchirtnt, this is an old thread you have dug up.

The prices were mentioned in this thread :
LINK

And then expanded upon in our in-depth test drive w/ pics here :
LINK

Please continue the discussion in the threads above.

Closing this thread.
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks