Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 22:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

The tail lamps are gone, what a relief. And needless to say, I loved Bangle's work and I love the subtle changes van Hooydonk's making. Mercs are moving backward while Bimmers are moving forward. Sweet.
Old 25th July 2008, 23:25   #17
BHPian

Love the sedan, beautiful and the tail lamp looks oh so good now with LEDs and that reverse white lamp has thankfully gone. However i would have liked it better with the five spoke wheels the station wagon has and is currently also seen on the 5 series as well. Have always been a fan of those wheels.
The front bumper looks awesome and close to an aftermarket body kit. But looks really good.
Love it.
Old 26th July 2008, 01:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

I refuse to call this a facelift! It's still ugly! The taillights are better though. Still I would not buy it even if I had the moolah!
Old 26th July 2008, 01:55   #19
BHPian

I didn’t even notice the changes on the car, till I read through and got pointed in the right direction. Changes or no changes, Beamers are going to have a trouble with the 3 series with the increasing competition especially from Audi.
Old 23rd August 2008, 23:08   #20
BHPian

the changes seem to be cosmetic, the car seems to be pretty much the same, save for a few mno design changes to the front.

i wonder if there's going to any price increase accompanying the facelift though...
Old 24th August 2008, 10:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

I always admied the previous geneation BMWs for thier design, especially the 3 series. Current design looks overdone, almost as if they are done by an overenthusiatic young designer doing his first job, who wouldnt stop and goes on and on, choping and chiseling. Details look 'forced' and are far from ;form follows function' pilosophy. Another obsession is breaking norms. Mismatching lines on the taillampof this 3 series upgrade or on headlamps of X3 are some examples

Most Viewed