Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 14:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Incidentally Hitler did gift a Maybach to the ruler of erstwhile Patiala state. It is now in the USA.
What about Lala Ram Chander's Maybach, where did that come from?

Call me sadistic, but it's amusing to see that even in Canada they sometimes can't get a meter for the dash!

Nice post, Ram.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:59   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Having said that I feel it should have been kept in better condition. What with no hood ornament and a meter missing in the instrument cluster. Such a historic car is priceless and should be treated in that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
What about Lala Ram Chander's Maybach, where did that come from?

Call me sadistic, but it's amusing to see that even in Canada they sometimes can't get a meter for the dash!
Well usually a static display like this would be displayed in "as found" condition, just throroughly cleaned up. That explains the bullet holes still present. Would be criminal to patch them up on a display like this wouldn't it? Besides, it seems to be in fairly decent showable condition as it is.

I really wouldn't know the origins of the Nath car, we must snoop around a bit.
Old 16th August 2017, 12:31   #18
BHPian

Re: Adolf Hitler's 1940 Grosser Mercedes W150 cabriolet

I know this thread is quite old but couldn't resist posting this.

I have always been interested in the Grosser Mercedes W150 (W07 was the predecessor). which Hitler used and also gifted to various heads of state of Nazi dominated countries. Additionally a few were also custom made for the Japanese Emperor Hirohito and the Crown Prince of Iran, something in the late 1930's or early 1940's.

The Daimler Benz media site has a fantastic write-up and pictures of both the W07 and W150. The write-up describes the technical features and the design philosophy of both cars and also has a lot of nice pictures.

Do go through both the sites and you will see the evolution from the W07 model to the W150.

Links:
W07:
http://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSi...ml?oid=9362161

W150:
http://media.daimler.com/marsMediaSi...wCountsIndex=5

Have fun reading both links!

Most Viewed