Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 19:29   #16
BHPian

Yep, let it be marketed by Fiat. But leave it a TATA Nano!
Old 26th July 2008, 21:39   #17

That is great news. FIAT atleast has credibility in the INT market.
Old 26th July 2008, 22:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tata need not worry about the image factor. The Nano is supposed to be cheap, while Tata is an extremely respected global brand (Thanks also to recent takeovers!).
Couldnt agree more! I have been observing something really good. I have been a member of many international forum websites, since the time I had internet in India. I have never seen discussions on any of the Indian cars previously. Now though, I do find threads about Tata this.. Tata that... Mahindra this .. Mahindra that. It really feels nice that automakers from our nation are finally in the playground to stand besides other respected manufacturers. Secondly, the Nano is famous wherever it is as the Tata Nano. I believe it has already been accepted. I went to test drive a Land Rover recently and the whole showroom knew about Tata Motors.

Last edited by Stratos : 26th July 2008 at 22:26.
Old 17th February 2012, 21:47   #19
BANNED

Re: Coming soon- FIAT NANO! Nano could be rebadged a FIAT internationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Oh my GAWD! ! ! (I see black! Oh no... It's dark black. Yells for help and faints).

Why? My god? Why?
Tata is gone mad?

Now what? Should we expect Fiat Safari? Fiat Xenon? Fiat Indica? Oh no!
And in return should we see a Tata Palio? Tata 500?

Nano was supposed to be a car which would make our country proud. By naming it Fiat, ain't that image being compromised?
And why not ?? If the FIAT 1.3 Multijet can become India's national diesel engine, desi's can buy Maruti's powered by this engine in the hordes, what's wrong with the Nano being brought about by a European partner ? If we can have a Renault "pulse" aka Nissan "Micra" why not a FIAT "Nano" or some other name ?

The whole world knows that the nano is India's (TATA's) baby. No country pride would be affected in FIAT launching it IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks