Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2009, 21:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

I simply LOVE the Wagon R. Can never forget the six years that I owned one. If there ever was a compact all rounder, this is it. Cheers Wagon R, may you go places, again and again.
Old 20th April 2009, 22:39   #17
BHPian

I too love my wagonr, mainly for its practicality. I bought this tall boy mainly for two reasons
1. seats - i find them the most comfortable. Seating position is just right, with comfort to sit, easy to get in/out.
2. carrying loads of luggage - fold the backseats & you can carry tons of luggage which can be easily placed/removed from the rear. Have used it to transport big size Tvs, wooden frame, foodware, ... all kinds of things.

The other unique thing which attracted me to a wagonr was its frontal number plate position - towards the side - like in alfa romeos.

I bought it because I wanted something unique, different then (in 2002, there werent too many wagonr's on the road) and this was the one.

And now, 7 yrs down, 50K kms later, its still going strong, in the same original condition with minimum maintenance(only oil change expenses till now)
Old 21st April 2009, 02:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

The other unique thing which attracted me to a wagonr was its frontal number plate position - towards the side - like in alfa romeos.
Yes, as a toddler I found myself geting quite excited just to see that the position of number plate was different. Heh Heh.

Apart from that little thing, there are many things that make the WagonR a good car, one of them being a decent engine and the other being the decent handling for a tallboy,

WagonR was the first tallboy of the world, and while designing it, Suzuki kind of over-engineered it and the end result was a decent suspension and good handling despite the tall stance.

However, I do not own a WagonR, but repeatedly get to drive one, a friend just got a 2003 WagonR Vxi from her dad, who bought a civic, and despite being 6 years old and 45k kms on the clock, it drives very well. A really smart and practical little car.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 21st April 2009 at 02:17.
Old 21st April 2009, 02:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Now does not this car look quite cool and very different from our version?
That looks very similar to the facelifted version which is due for launch in India this year. In fact, most car mags have shown it. So all of those who wanna buy it & love this design can rejoice
Old 21st April 2009, 02:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
That looks very similar to the facelifted version which is due for launch in India this year. In fact, most car mags have shown it. So all of those who wanna buy it & love this design can rejoice
Yeah, I just saw the pics in this month's Overdrive today. And with the new looks, it just made the car sweeter. Was thinking of selling my ol 800 and buying a A-Star, but the upcoming WagonR will surely make it hard to decide. Heck, I guess I should buy an old zen and plonk an esteem motor in it.

But, a new car is always a new car, so it will be tough to decide now.
Old 21st April 2009, 12:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
I hope I can fit the new grill on my 2001 Waggie that has 50K on the odo and still going strong. At that time, all my pals thought that I'd bought the oddest shaped car. I even had to put a spoiler and stickers on the side to give it a better profile.
The grill of the first model (mine) and the grill of the duo look very bad---the in-between model has the best looking grill. Alas, MASS said I could not fit that grill onto my Waggie, as the dimensions are a wee bit different.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks