Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 11:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Great car brother. Just love the colour.
Old 20th August 2008, 17:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Anuj, have a look here: Upgrade Garage - Wheel Search
Old 21st August 2008, 16:40   #33
BHPian

So finally placed the order for the rims. and here they are:

OZ 35th anniversary black machined
Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-oz_35annivy_ci3_l.jpg

specs: 18x8, a bit hefty at 29 lbs, 1 pc construction and are they beautiful to look at or what.

next up, since i plan to lower as soon as springs are out, i'm sticking with a conservative upsize i.e. 255/40/18. 2 of the choices are nitto invo and bf ta/kdw/nt. roughly 180 each installed. on the other hand, for about 310 there is advan neova ad07 in the same size.

reviews online are clearly biased and the price difference between them is significant. what should i get? are yoko products still regarded as #1 or have the others caught up in terms of quality?

Last edited by rev_hard : 21st August 2008 at 16:45.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

I don't think AD07 at 310 is good value. Are you looking only for all-out performance?

Also, you sure those rims looks good on the car?
Old 21st August 2008, 17:58   #35
BHPian

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Invo. its the most eye catching tread for sure.

if you have any rim design on your mind share it yaar. tops i can pay is 350 per wheel. 18'' for sure.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Even am not sure about those rims Anuj.
Post some more options or how about something like this.....

(Source - Cardomain)

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-accord.jpg

Or this

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-accord-blu.jpg

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 21st August 2008 at 18:22.
Old 22nd August 2008, 03:05   #37
BHPian

The OZ's are amaaaaaaaazing to look at. Checked them out at a store nearby. But, the 350 sticker price is just a little bit on the premium side. They would better suit my 5 series beemer which i'll buy next .

For the time being, for a net total of 1*** out-the-door dollars, i finally ordered these and will be fitted on Monday. I had many years ago planned to buy the blue zen which had a similar hue and fit it with charcoal rims. Instead i ended up doing the black on black thing for quite sometime.

Rims are Tenzo DC-6 version 2 18x8.5 matt charcoal machined 195 each
Tires are Nitto Invo 255/40/r18 164 each
Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-tend62.mcm.ang.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-tend62.mcm.lip.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-tend62.mcm.cap.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-tend62.mcm.spo.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-nithz0.ang.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-nithz0.shd.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-nithz0.trd.jpg

What say? Also ordered in Tanabe NF210 for 1.2'' drop all around. These should be delivered by late next week.

Then, it will be a long time to cool-off before shelling more bux on the car!

Last edited by rev_hard : 22nd August 2008 at 03:08.
Old 22nd August 2008, 05:23   #38
HPP
BHPian

Congrats! Nice looking car, and mods so far. A friend has the last gen Accord Couple V6 and did 19 inchers.. looked great. I'm just hoping they don't look too small on your car due to the proportions..

And Tanabe with 1.2" should do the trick.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

The rims look awesome Anuj.!!
Post some pics as soon as you get these installed.
Old 22nd August 2008, 11:54   #40
BHPian

Oye faithless yaar I did consider your suggestion as well. but these rims are too neat! and much relief to the pocket as well buddy. 255/40 is the ideal upgrade for tires with virtually no reduction in the sidewall plus a slightly grippier wider footprint.

I got a call in the evening that springs are already delivered at AutoFashion (my car mod buddy Freddie owns this place). so tomorrow the car gets a whole new stance and on monday some shiny(well, matte mostly) new shoes

Thanks HPP, with your friends permission do upload some pics of the 19''s on 7G accord.

i'll upload pics on monday nite. cheers
Old 24th August 2008, 14:49   #41
BHPian

The rims have arrived and they are exactly what I was hoping they would be!

Just 1 quick q. the wheel installer said that 255 section tire will be fitted on 8j width rim; whereas the stock rim itself is 8.5j and is fitted with 235 section. I re-confirmed atleast 5-6 times before paying the remaining amount due.

the only peace of mind that I have is that if there is any reason I don't like this setup or it doesn't perform well, I can return for a full refund within 30 days or simply opt to upgrade by paying the difference .

also, the store manager tempted me by slashing prices on bf ta rubber to lower than that of nitto invo. i have till monday morning to decide whether to wait for invo's till wednesday or go for bf on monday and be done with it..

Last edited by rev_hard : 24th August 2008 at 14:52.
Old 25th August 2008, 02:09   #42
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Oye faithless yaar I did consider your suggestion as well. but these rims are too neat! and much relief to the pocket as well buddy. 255/40 is the ideal upgrade for tires with virtually no reduction in the sidewall plus a slightly grippier wider footprint.

I got a call in the evening that springs are already delivered at AutoFashion (my car mod buddy Freddie owns this place). so tomorrow the car gets a whole new stance and on monday some shiny(well, matte mostly) new shoes

Thanks HPP, with your friends permission do upload some pics of the 19''s on 7G accord.

i'll upload pics on monday nite. cheers
I don't have any pics of his car, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
The rims have arrived and they are exactly what I was hoping they would be!

Just 1 quick q. the wheel installer said that 255 section tire will be fitted on 8j width rim; whereas the stock rim itself is 8.5j and is fitted with 235 section. I re-confirmed atleast 5-6 times before paying the remaining amount due.

the only peace of mind that I have is that if there is any reason I don't like this setup or it doesn't perform well, I can return for a full refund within 30 days or simply opt to upgrade by paying the difference .

also, the store manager tempted me by slashing prices on bf ta rubber to lower than that of nitto invo. i have till monday morning to decide whether to wait for invo's till wednesday or go for bf on monday and be done with it..
And 255's on a 8.0" wheel is OK(meaning it will work), but it's not "ideal". I'd rather go with a 8.5 or 9.0.. but not sure if your wheel is available with those sizes + the correct offsets etc. Anyways, snap some pics and let us all see.
Old 27th August 2008, 05:08   #43
BHPian

after exactly 1000 miles on stock, tenzo and bf combo was fitted today. despite the fact that the side wall is only 3mm shorter, the ride home was well.. kinda clunky. on smooth roads i can still hear my timex click on my wrist.. well, almost!

on broken tarmac the ride is still cushioned but it(i'm really looking for the right word here) is not as composed. I really like the way the BIG seats just hold and not hustle you around. the center arm rest glides to the front by 4'' whenever i need it to. the driving position is infact infinitely adjustable. tomorrow car will get a clear coat of sorts to protect the paint. i'll get a 1.8 civic as a loaner for 1-2 days. what a boring experience that will be!!

has anyone used the auto shifter knobs made by momo? they have a very light to touch button on top and the specs mention that it wont work with shifters with button on side. mine is with button on front. so i think it should work. whatsay?

i'm putting up a few pics of some stuff. pls mention ye/nay/no way according to the order they are posted.

cheers

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-photo.jpg

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  164.3 KB

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-519b_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-587c_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-0426_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-1154_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-0760_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-49af_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-4bae_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-4cee_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-0d30_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-0201_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-0659_1.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-dsc04561.jpg

Honda Accord Coupe V6 EX-L 2008-dsc04538.jpg

i'll probably order any of this stuff to be delivered around thanksgiving maybe. till then its time to cool off a bit. i also rechecked with the dude who gets the springs for me. he says tanabe will not be available before new year or so. other option is eibach but its only 1.2'' drop. with these wheels i'm looking for min 2.5. maybe springs will have to wait.

I ordered licence plates for new car - KA5HYAP

p.s. i have decided to take it easy for a while on the car. the last tank gave me an avg of 4 !!!!!!

pics from google.com and bad quality ones from iphone

Last edited by rev_hard : 27th August 2008 at 05:14.
Old 27th August 2008, 05:48   #44
BHPian

Nice wheels.

A question though and I mean no offense, if you were going to spend so much money on wheels, lowering springs and sporty pedals etc, why didn't you just go for a RWD sports sedan? I know that all these are visual upgrades and do not really add up to any performance numbers but the sports sedans have both visual and performance parts stock.

But I agree, honda seats are one of THE most comfortable seats among all makes and have a sport factor. My sister has a Honda Pilot and the perforated leather seats it has are so comfortable and ergonomic for long drives and at the same time are well bolstered for hard turns, in case anyone mistakes the Pilot to a S2000.
Old 27th August 2008, 06:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Nice wheels.

A question though and I mean no offense, if you were going to spend so much money on wheels, lowering springs and sporty pedals etc, why didn't you just go for a RWD sports sedan? I know that all these are visual upgrades and do not really add up to any performance numbers but the sports sedans have both visual and performance parts stock.
its the fact that I get to choose what goes on on my car. I can't say it much simpler.

the day after I bought this car, i randomly googled cars under 30k and the list was l o n g. i could have/would have/should have are all ifs. and if you noticed, i googled the 'day after' i bought the car. just for the heck of it.

if more of me weren't there, how would all these aftermarket companies survive.

and to think that tires and suspension is a visual upgrade only is not correct IMHO. if that were the case all the suspension brands would be out with their springs by now. but they are not. the level of r&d is what differs one from the other. I would very confidently buy mugen or tanabe springs the day they are out. but, if someone were to offer me lets say any product from china i would flatly refuse. even if it were for free. mugen and tanabe know what they are doing and i trust the quality, handling improvement and improved looks they promise and deliver. pretty much everytime.

Last edited by rev_hard : 27th August 2008 at 06:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks