Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 07:47   #31
BHPian

Re: The Arab "Kid's" toys in the UK! (Arab Supercars in UK)

Summer Time is the best, havent made a visit to Harrods in time will dong that soon.

Read this article once about parking fine to foreign number plate cars.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...rking-fines.do

Last edited by zibby : 14th February 2011 at 07:51.
Old 14th February 2011, 08:06   #32

Yessir!! Have seen that article!! It is quite the interesting read!! Waiting for spring to be honest. Will be doing a bicycle tour of london all by myself. should be quite good fun IMHO
Old 14th February 2011, 10:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

What people in the UK tend to overlook is the amount of money these guys from the Middle East tend to spend when they are visiting UK.

I know people who take their favourite RR or Maserati with them when they go for a vacation.

They feel comfortable driving their own cars wherever they go.

Now they are not lnow for being considerat or having the best road manners but thats their business.

IF UK has a problem then they should look into banning temporary import of cars from middle eastern countries.
Old 14th February 2011, 12:18   #34
Team-BHP Support

They have a private plane anyway so bunging a car in the hold is no issue.

Another flaw in the UK system is that non european registered cars are usually not prosecuted for traffic violations due to cost in tracing the owner unless there has been injuries or casualties or involved in a crime
Old 14th February 2011, 13:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Not Supercars
I'm sure that's not all you got. Bring 'em on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
There are Tons of these hypercars everywhere in London. Have seen most of the ones in the videos apart from the SV and the Blue CCXR. Need to go to harrods soon for that.
Cy, don't tell me you didn't bother to click 'em! Bless us with the pics bro
Old 14th February 2011, 13:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

As someone mentioned, the best time to spot all of these is outside Harrods and during the summer time. These arab kids come with these hyper toys and you see them a lot around harrods and other parts of Central London.

I used to study in Hatfield (30 mins from London) and in the country side there used to be a mansion which would be occupied by an Arab family during summers and had the most envious drive way. RR Phantaom, Bentey FS, Masseratti, Buggati, Porsche(s) etc. Out of all only the RR and the Bentley were UK reg. rest all were some Arab numbers.

through out the year i would take a bus on that route, but as i see them settling in, i would prefer walking past that zone
Old 14th February 2011, 15:36   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

looks like absolutely the best cars in London and the UK belong to the Arab boys.
but why would the UK complain?

These chaps pop over all the time from the Mid-east to holiday in the UK for months at a time and they really do spend big bucks. This is absolutely vital for the UK's tourist-influenced economy I would think, given their current rates of inflation, un-employment and other woes!

Same thing goes with Indian visitors to the UK these days - access to much more disposable income allows our perennially short-changed and deprived countrymen to splurge and have fun for a change - and why ever not?

But it is true that some of these fancy cars do tend to rev their engines and drive at some pretty wild speeds in and around London especially at night. I have seen instances along the Bayswater road quite late at night. And of course the real fancy cars keep popping out of the woodwork in the evenings around the West-end, Park Lane, Knightsbridge and other bits of Central London. I guess only the Arab chaps can afford the rents or prices or hotel tariffs in these areas so they do tend to hang out there along with their cars. At least the cars are eye candy for people like us and Im quite happy to enjoy seeing them roaring up and down whenever I visit.
Old 15th February 2011, 02:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

re: Saudi and other Middle East registered cars In Europe.

Most of them usually stay at the Dorchester hotel,whos parking area sometimes resembles a supercar showroom.

Another place in the world which gets supercars and to tell the truth dwarfs these arab toys is the Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo,and they get the most hypercar maniacal supercars and all year round!

@shankar.balan Rich old people and executives who live around that area where the supercars rip at the middle of night will not be too amused by all this.They dont want to lose their sleep and for them supercars is nothing new.No wonder they are complaining.
Old 15th February 2011, 05:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Besides the Dorchester on Park Lane or Harrods, another hotspot is Sloane Street, and more importantly, the Jumeirah Carlton Tower hotel off Sloane Street. This is the single most Arab-populated hotel during that time of year and the hotel entrance is usually a sight to behold. Last summer at the hotel's entrance, I saw a 458, two Veyrons, a Hamann Panamera, a Mansory Stallion, an SLR 722 roadster, a Maybach 62 and an LP670-4 SV parked right besides each other. All Arab plates, all ridonkulous.
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Guys i was surfing through some videos on youtube and i came across this one.

The Great London-Arabic Supercar Motorshow

In this video we can all see Veyron Sang Noir, a Zonda Cinque Roadster, a Koenigsegg CCXR "Special One", Novitec Rosso Ferrari 599 Fiorano, 5x Lamborghini LP670-4SVs, and countless other exotic cars.

Old 3rd April 2011, 23:25   #41
BHPian

Re: Saudi and other Middle East registered cars In Europe.

Here is a niceeee video of a Murcielago doing a burnout in London, although a bit old!

nuts | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Ghost in London courtesy of M.Basil

Also check out the Pink SV in Geneva
Photo courtesy - AutoGESPOT
Attached Thumbnails
Saudi and other Middle East registered cars In Europe.-c2147483648030820102105.jpg  

Saudi and other Middle East registered cars In Europe.-15i3uo8.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2011, 23:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Interesting phenomenon. I guess its similar to driving a German reg car into UK for business/holiday and drive around normally. Except, these are shipped or flown in.

Plenty of young Arab students in the US as well but I've never seen them bring their cars in. Not sure if its the rules, because I see Canadian and Mexican cars driving into the country,.
Old 4th April 2011, 00:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Interesting phenomenon. I guess its similar to driving a German reg car into UK for business/holiday and drive around normally. Except, these are shipped or flown in.

Plenty of young Arab students in the US as well but I've never seen them bring their cars in. Not sure if its the rules, because I see Canadian and Mexican cars driving into the country,.
I think most of the royalty gets educated in UK and then stays in Europe for their driving holidays hence all the tasty machinery in Monaco/London/Paris. I have never seen any Middle East cars in the US unless for the Gumball Rally!
Old 8th April 2011, 17:43   #44
BHPian

i saw a BMW 7 series in Mumbai the night that India won the world cup with Dubai number plates...so i guess there are some gems in Mumbai as well .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks