Team-BHP - World's Longest Limousine
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   World's Longest Limousine (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/43676-worlds-longest-limousine.html)

Got this by e-mail,

According to Guinness World Records, the longest car ever built is a 30.5-m long (100-ft), 26-wheeled limousine, designed by Jay Ohrberg of Burbank, California, USA. The longest car is mainly used in films and exhibitions. The car can be drive as a rigid vehicle or canbe changed to bend in the middle. Not to be outdone in luxury, the limousine has a swimming pool with diving board and a king-sized waterbed as the features. But it will be incredible task to drive it properly on normal road without causing accident.

Sure looks weird & wacky to me:Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathee46 (Post 930358)
Got this by e-mail,

According to Guinness World Records, the longest car ever built is a 30.5-m long (100-ft), 26-wheeled limousine, designed by Jay Ohrberg of Burbank, California, USA. The longest car is mainly used in films and exhibitions. The car can be drive as a rigid vehicle or canbe changed to bend in the middle. Not to be outdone in luxury, the limousine has a swimming pool with diving board and a king-sized waterbed as the features. But it will be incredible task to drive it properly on normal road without causing accident.

Wow this is the only car from this thread I would like to own !!!

One needs a lot of skill to be able to pull of a job like that, plus I have seen his shop, its a stone's throw from where I live, they have been stretching 2 rolls royce phantoms there, one white and one black.

Cool limousine!! Nice Job.. Is it a Rolls Royce??

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinzrox (Post 930501)
Cool limousine!! Nice Job.. Is it a Rolls Royce??

I think its a cadillac, not sure though.

Man, Just look at the hood of this limo.
It seems longer than a full sized laura.

The pictures & test seems to be from different sites.

Limo Pics

Longest Limo

Brilliant creation. Excellent engine bay, wonder what engines, transmissions used. Which wheels are powered, the centre or the front. Or it is a rear engined car driving the rear wheels. Wherever the engine is, the same set of wheels have to be powered, imagine stretching shaft or whatever it is called to the back clap:

Wow!Any idea what powers this thing?A helipad is waste!

Awesome. I wonder how it will feel to take a turn in this while driving!
Any idea about the Specifications?

Its too long for any country. I wonder the engine and gearbox used in this car. Moreover, I think that all the three pair of wheels do turn and are used as drive wheels. Transmitting the power to the rear wheels would result into a large amout of transmission power loss.

It is not street legal, and looks like it was for sale sometime back, More pictures and some details can be found in these links.

Comex International - Worlds Longest Limousine - 100 feet

Catalog - Worlds Longest Limo

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 931485)
Awesome. I wonder how it will feel to take a turn in this while driving!
Any idea about the Specifications?

I read somewhere that this car actually splits into half to turn..lol:

Seriously, it doesn't cut in half but to turn, it opens from the middle and then folds back!

hi, do you mean it is something like our vestibule buses during turns, but still its going to have poor turning radius. I wonder how the driver will put U- turn incase or atleast he had to reverse

on looking at the link. What is the sky blue kinda thing - onboard Swimming pool ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathee46 (Post 930358)
Got this by e-mail,

Crazy for sure! How do you drive this one?!

What the...!:Shockked: Seriously for Americans there is only one mantra, "Mine is bigger than yours"! It looks almost impossible to drive around doesnt it.