Team-BHP - Some 560SEL pics!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Some 560SEL pics! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/440-some-560sel-pics.html)

Found some pics of the 560 SEL.. enjoy!

Its Interior

see this also... an S500 Station Wagon!

wow!
hey gto u like 560sel???

any pics of a 300s td

Aadix,

The W126 chassis 560SEL is on my top 5 cars...EVER! To me, its the perfect Mercedes-Benz.

Stratos, great pictures. The bumper design seems to indicate a pre-1986 vintage for this Merc. Very well detailed

Thanks pal

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 31 2004,17:18)]Aadix,

The W126 chassis 560SEL is on my top 5 cars...EVER! To me, its the perfect Mercedes-Benz.

Stratos, great pictures. The bumper design seems to indicate a pre-1986 vintage for this Merc. Very well detailed

Thanks pal

GTO

GTO... wat were the engine specs in those? and r these rare? i think so

They arent really rare Stratos, The W126 was introduced way back in 1979 at the Frankfurt Motor Show and production went all the way to 1992. Then the W140 was introduced. I have read somewhere that production continued in South Africa uptil 1994. In all, some 8,00,000 W126 sedans were produced. Apprx 90,000 of these were 560 SEL's.

The W126 was so superior to every other car in its segment, that it quite simply had no competition. Beside being the longest running S Class ever (and dominating the scene), it was also the most well-built...the simplicity of design made it an utterly reliable machine. Mercedes connoiseurs consider it as the best Mercedes ever made.

The 560 SEL cruises like a dream, rides like a tank and is quite simply the best sedan EVER built. Power, space, luxury, prestige...its all there in extreme proportions. Mercedes engineers have gone on record to say that this was the last over-engineered S Class.

Euro-spec ECE 560 SELs were rated at 300 bhp, while the American versions were detuned to 240 bhp. Emissions was one of the major causes.

GTO

Thats some nice info GTO

hey cool info gto
any idea abt the diff diesel engines???

have pics of the same car in blue with me when i was a kid, it was one of dad's fav cars! it was previously used by ms jayalalitha cm of tn, was directly bought from heer (reg: tn 01 xx 8888)
coool, looks like i had two generations of s classes with me!

give me few days will post the pics of all our old mercs, present vehicles and a rare semi vintage car!!

hey gto
want me to pm u if i come across any sellers??
there are a few 560sels in hyd

Aadix,

I wait in anticipation for your pictures. Please upload then as soon as possible.

Yes, I would love to know the going rates for 560's in your city. Drop a PM when you hear about one.

Thanks

GTO

GTO,
love ur info,
And what cud be better then you talkin praises of seriously one of the best luxo cars made,
Guys ive posted some pics too on the board,
But i think this car shud get a new colour job