Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Countdown begins for all new Honda city launch in 9th September in Thailand

All new Honda City - Always Ahead
Attached Thumbnails
Countdown begins for all new Honda city launch in 9th September in Thailand-new-picture.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2008, 12:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

You have to give it to the guys at Honda.
They have a car that is selling quite well (mostly leading sales in its segment), but every few years they phase it out and bring in a replacement. Same goes for the Accord, CR-V etc which see replacements every few years.

If it was Maruti that had such hot sellers in its bouquet, they would have dragged the car on for kingdom come.

Now if only they would add the missing safety features in the NHC. And as far as looks go, nothing can anyway be more ugly than the NHC, so the looks of the new City should not be an issue.
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
You have to give it to the guys at Honda.
They have a car that is selling quite well (mostly leading sales in its segment), but every few years they phase it out and bring in a replacement. Same goes for the Accord, CR-V etc which see replacements every few years.
True, have to appreciate Honda for that. Thought they did a blunder by replacing the majestic OHC with the smaller,cheaper (by price), under-powered NHC, but look what it did to the sales chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
And as far as looks go, nothing can anyway be more ugly than the NHC, so the looks of the new City should not be an issue.
+1 from me on this. Looks are subjective though.

That said, do we need a separate thread for this? haven't this car been discussed thread bare on the other thread? will leave it to the mods to decide. No offence to the threadstarter.
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why must India always get the stuff that the Thais want to buy?

I mean its no patch on the OHC's looks. And I don't think India is THAT small a market

What the Hell!!!

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2008 at 17:29. Reason: Lets keep the comments clean and inoffensive
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:24   #5
BHPian

All said and done, the new one looks great. Check these links:
Japan Car Blog | Just Japanese Car News
Spy Shots: 2009 Honda City fully revealed - Autoblog
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:56   #6
BHPian

So I think now the car will be launched soon in india as well.Is there any official confirmation from any of the dealers regarding the production of the NHC right now??Has the production stopped or is it still ON?
Old 2nd September 2008, 14:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why must India always get the stuff that the Thais want to buy?

I mean its no patch on the OHC's looks. And I don't think India is THAT small a market that we're second fiddle to the Thais of all the people.

What the Hell!!!
Because India shares an FTA with Thailand which allows Honda or any other company for that matter to import Cars (CKD/SKD) & Automotive parts for virtually none or negligible duty. This gives Honda economies of scale & in turn more profits.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:17   #8
BHPian

If it launches on 9th(tuesday) will share some pics on 11th or 12th..hoping the demonstration end here. Anyways dont have much loaded work next week..so will drop to a nearest dealer and get across a qucik pics. unfortunately cant do a TD as dont have a thai licence.
Old 2nd September 2008, 16:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Awesome news!!! So we should expect this to hit our shores soon. Talks about last week of September for India launch are going on.

@Ankit - Most dealers claim that production of NHC is stopped. I dont have more concrete info in this though!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:04   #10
BHPian

strange, but now it is 17 days. wonder it is count down o count up.
http://www.honda.co.th/city/teaser/main.php
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
strange, but now it is 17 days. wonder it is count down o count up.
All new Honda City - Always Ahead
it still says countdown.
Attached Thumbnails
Countdown begins for all new Honda city launch in 9th September in Thailand-1.jpg  

Old 4th September 2008, 14:23   #12
BHPian

Hey buddy....can you help in figuring out whats written in Thai on the teaser page?? Can one register on it to get more info or something like that?? Good luck with the photo shoot next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by METISWHG View Post
If it launches on 9th(tuesday) will share some pics on 11th or 12th..hoping the demonstration end here. Anyways dont have much loaded work next week..so will drop to a nearest dealer and get across a qucik pics. unfortunately cant do a TD as dont have a thai licence.
Old 4th September 2008, 16:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

the rear design looks as if some local garage guy has made it.

and i dont know is that only me or others. the new generation grilles on honda's and acuras ( spare the civic!!) all look hideous to me.

Interior still not bad. would love to have a 6M/5A transmission choice on this one with Paddle shifters.
Old 4th September 2008, 17:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Because India shares an FTA with Thailand which allows Honda or any other company for that matter to import Cars (CKD/SKD) & Automotive parts for virtually none or negligible duty. This gives Honda economies of scale & in turn more profits.
Quite right. Though AFAIK - Zero Duty FTA imports only begin in 2010. Honda has no incentive to bring this assembly to India if they can scale it from Thailand.

http://www.fisme.org.in/India-Thailand.PDF
Old 4th September 2008, 18:11   #15
BHPian

the NNHC as pictured(or portrayed ??) in our auto-mags is surely a stunner from every angle..its now got the much appreciated sporty look of the elder civic. Plus, a new set of great honda engines, this time no silly 77bhp. :-P
This is good as many people (including me) turned away from honda showrooms to Maruti ones, and chose the SX4, which scored better than the NHC in these two deptts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks