Team-BHP - PICS : History of Ferrari (Updated)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   PICS : History of Ferrari (Updated) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/4611-pics-history-ferrari-updated.html)

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone had any links to the ferrari models, in a "timeline" sort of way. ie arranged chronologically etc (also if there is info on the evolution of the models along the way (more than just specs) that would be awesome.).

I have a project due very soon...lol... just ditched my old topic and decided to do this. It has to be on the development of a product/object/brand over time.

So im hoping i will wake up in the morning (night india time) and will have some good sources of info!
Gotta love TBHP ..hahahaha ;)
Plus its good info for all.

cheers
R

ps - please no links that have a couple of ferrari models but not much info about the history of it or its place in time. thnx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone had any links to the ferrari models, in a "timeline" sort of way. ie arranged chronologically etc (also if there is info on the evolution of the models along the way (more than just specs) that would be awesome.).

I have a project due very soon...lol... just ditched my old topic and decided to do this. It has to be on the development of a product/object/brand over time.

So im hoping i will wake up in the morning (night india time) and will have some good sources of info!
Gotta love TBHP ..hahahaha ;)
Plus its good info for all.

cheers
R

ps - please no links that have a couple of ferrari models but not much info about the history of it or its place in time. thnx.

dude..

this shud help a bit

try to catch the show on history channel... autobiographies.. the episode on enzo was good. It did not talk abt the product line.. but a lotta info was given on enzo, his set-up of ferrari , racing history, n fiat thing

Dunno how much it is in line wid ur reqs though.

Hi Rehaan please check www.carsfromitaly.com and you will have all the info ou need for all cars produced in Italy... let me know how you find it to be...

Obviously the Official Ferrari Site

It has every car produced till date and there is enough detailed information about each car. Most have pictures.

Here is a screenshot of the Yesterday Cars section on the Official Ferrari Site:

Hey Gordon & Moralfibre,

Thanks a ton guys..... those links really helped with getting the data together as well as teaching me a few things about the earlier ferraris!! Everyone should check them out!

Scuderia, thnks for the suggestion but i needed this stuff overnight! lol

cya
R

Hey Guys,

So here is the project i did, (was printed out as a poster for display).

I figured i should post it if any of you were interested. However, keep in mind that i did it in one night and some of the data may not be a 100% accurate. Not to mention the fact that i just chose a random group of Ferraris.

However, if you look at it chronologically its pretty amazing to see how closely linked the design evolution is, in everything from the basic shape to the wheelarches, to the door vents, to the alloy design.

I have a much higher res version if anyone is interested (u can make a good photoprint 20"x5" for about Rs100 or larger for more)

cya
R

no F40, F50 or Enzo??

anyways nice one.

Hey Rehaan,

Check this link too : Ferrari Models Timeline .

Its got timelines of models from 1960-present with links of individual models.

Hey Rehaan,

You can gets loads of Pictures and some History associated with the various Ferrari Models produced on Supercars Its quite some site for information related to other cars too. I guess you must be knowing of this site ;)

Anyways hope this helps.

Cheers!

P

Nice work Rehaan. My all time favorite, the GTO! And, I have an open invitation to drive one if ever I am passing through Munich. Nice incentive to go there huh!

Quote:

no F40, F50 or Enzo??
The cover page mentions "popular Ferrari's", so I guess that rules out the "specials". Then again he has the GTO there, so maybe he was just lazy :p