Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2004, 14:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]wud u buy this design if it were from chevy or toyota or somethin'??
well said manticore, well said!
Old 6th May 2004, 15:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

manticore,
while your post was directed at me ill stil go all out and say u put a brilliant theory abt it being frm toyota ...
Yes well im sure i wudnt buy it... ive mentioned earlier im against japanese and american cars...

rtech believe me lol i dont even let my father drive my car
but we sure cud have a nice drive at the top speed if i can manage the AMG version!!
Old 6th May 2004, 15:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]but we sure cud have a nice drive at the top speed if i can manage the AMG version!!
I'll hold you to that
Old 7th May 2004, 20:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Somehow, even i didn't like the design. It looks a bit unbalanced with a small front and then the mid section just broadens.

The car looks good only if you look at the the rear end, post the B pillar. Individually, all 3 sections are good, but when you combine them, it really fails to impress.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 7th May 2004, 20:59   #20
BHPian

This one looks like a modern interpretation of the 1950's mercurys. Tall sides, small windows, swoopy body work. There was his show car merc had made. You cud change the bodywork and have a coupe, convertible and pickup all in one car. Kind of liked the looks of that one.
Old 8th May 2004, 00:30   #21
BHPian

Hi, I think this is one of the best looking mercs around..behind the CL, S and the Sl in order...

I had already asked my dealer when would this be available in India and he said in the later half of 06, so thats a long time..Infact I also told TNT in delhi to keep us in mind when this comes to india..for me it has to be the silver or the maroon...awesome colors..black would make this car look a little less sporty(IMHO)

anyhow...the new mercs are pretty awesome, the only older gen merc that I would prefer over the current one is the E..the earlier E is just a monster and the new E is a chuha no disregard to whoever owns it..

but yeah this is a sweet machine..

Cheers..
Old 8th May 2004, 02:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

just evolution of design i guess, the french go their way, the germans their way. and when it comes to good looking cars , i guess the only ones still holding their own are the Brits. by which i am referring to Aston Martin, though they are getting that wee bit monotonous now. the Mercs have always seemed very unexciting to me, except the W126 series, and the Streamliner. the CLS is just not proportioned well enough for me, and the back end just seems to heavy and saggy. and the front and rear are just totally out of sync with each other. and what in the world is a 'four door coupe?' nobody has still given me an answer. though the CLS somehow reminds me of a futuristic representation of those American gangster getaway cars, with a low roofline and suicide doors, now only if the CLS had the latter.
but opinions apart, if it is sharper to drive then it looks, no complaints. if people didn't really love it or hate it, forums would be an eerie place.
Old 8th May 2004, 04:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

So crazi4speed glad to know i have another CLS lover on the board
BTW what car do u drive?
Old 9th May 2004, 11:49   #24
BHPian

I am in the US..havent gotten a chance to change my car (Infiniti I30) cuz of crazi credit hehe!! but most likely i would this year to a G35x or the Acura TL both better options than the 3 series which i totaly loved...but now have more respect and love for the 2 BMW beaters ...

but when I am in india..my dad has few...
S320
E230 (prev gen)
sonata, pajero
city, lancer, astra few others, just booked the crv..cant wait to get back home..cuz i love driving in india..its more fun..i basically drive them all when I am back..just depends where I am going...

and yeah I totaly love the CLS..cant wait to get my hands on this and if god has his grace then some day the new M5

Cheers..

Old 9th May 2004, 13:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

wow u have some hella cars man... but why the sonata?
Old 9th May 2004, 15:01   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ May 09 2004,10:19)]..cant wait to get back home..cuz i love driving in india..its more fun..
I totally seconds that man!!!

And i had noticed the sonata in your lineup earlier.. and i guess it just goes to show that no matter what, the features and comforts that the sonata offers for the price cant really be ignored!

cya
R
Old 10th May 2004, 21:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 08 2004,23:56)]wow u have some but why the sonata?
hehe! I know S350 and rehan...its just a decision on my dad's part, an impulsive one that too..he wanted to gift my mum something before my marriage and her bday so just ordered it, since he liked it's looks and the comforts one gets for the price...

its also very spacious, thats one thing I like about it, we had an option of getting the accord, but that was the prev gen and I didnt like it that much..so hopefuly we should get the new one sometime in the summer, so that we can get rid of the lancer, astra and esteem...

It use to be that our fam was pretty big with my parents, 2 of us and always some work at home, but now that both of us, my sis and me are in the US, no one gets to use the cars so might as well get rid of most cars..

Anyhow I always prefer quality over quantity, so would like to get rid of the smaller cars..

L8r

Old 11th May 2004, 07:48   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hey S350L,

Heres something for you! > More pics of the CLS!!

and heres the main page of the site i got it from, some awesome MB pics!

cya
Rehaan
Old 11th May 2004, 09:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 10 2004,18:18)]Hey S350L,

Heres something for you! > More pics of the CLS!!

and heres the main page of the site i got it from, some awesome MB pics!

cya
Rehaan
Awesome wallpapers man..thanx for the site..it is something like maybach.ru is to really high end cars..

L8r...
Old 11th May 2004, 14:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey rehaan *smooooooooooooooooooooooooooch* lol!
thanx!!

CLS is always welcome!!

Most Viewed