Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2004, 23:57   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

$45,000. 4.5 L V8 at 270 Horsepower. More than fully loaded. On sale only in Korea.

Honestly no one is going to pay premium money for a Hyundai...or a Honda or a Toyota for that matter. If they are dead serious about going high-end in developed countries, they will also launch a premium brand (a la Acura, Lexus, Infiniti). And hey, why not have the manufacturing in Germany or somewhere in Europe? That will earn it the title of a European car too.

GTO
Old 25th June 2004, 00:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey this is the Equus! GTO,.. one thing..is special.
Before Hyundai even launched this car... i had given the name "EQUUS" to one of my designs:( *
Abt this Hyundai....well...the lights are tooo big in comparision to the design... ! welll one of Hyundais luxury sedan i like is the XG Grandeur!.. really a handsome car!

Old 25th June 2004, 00:19   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dosent the rear remind you of the older C CLass?

GTO
Old 25th June 2004, 00:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Another copy... The rear end is total C Class while if you really look closely the front lights remind you of a Merc too. Put a Merc grille and will get much closer to it
Old 25th June 2004, 00:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

The rear end is more Volvo V70ish/Old C-Class while the headlamps upfront look either from the Lexus 430 or an american truck.

Such monstrosity of hybrids can only be designed by one man from Mumbai or his disciple. I think i'd seen his car at the Geneva Motor show masquerading as a top notch British sports car.

Now where did i misplace his name......

Revv
Old 25th June 2004, 02:46   #6
BHPian

The front of this car is a rip off like most of other hyundai.....its a rip off from the Acura RL/Legend time...and the back like GTO said is somewhat enlarged C class lights with again the boot of the RL/legend...

anyhow no one in the US who is sensible enuf would pay for this stupid car..and definetly not 45k...look at the chrysler 300C man..thats a machine too oggle at..and its high price doesnt bother ppl ,cuz of its great design and awesome engine power..the V8 hemi is my fav...

anyhow..
thumbs down..

Cheers

Old 25th June 2004, 02:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Revv is true

The rear resembles a merc. The step down on either sides of the boot is a trademark of Volvo.

But Hyundai sells in US. May be the dropping economy is a reason.

Know what, the Accent is the only one of the two Asian car that made to the Top 10 cars that don't have resale value in US in 2003. The other is a model in Kia. Most of the other cars are American cars. I don't remember whether I have seen an european car in the list.

Most Viewed