Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 20:51   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

New Volkswagen Passat CC

Volkswagen launches new passat. Its on the lines of the merc CLS... a four door coupe.
Saw this first on overdrive today, did a web search and posting selected items:

"The car is over an inch longer and 1.5 inches wider than the Passat sedan. Its overall height is over two inches lower, most of which has been subtracted from the car's roofline to create a much sleeker appearance.

Engines

Two engine choices are available. The first is a 2.0-liter TSI diesel delivering 200 horsepower at 5100 rpm and 206 pound-feet of torque starting from 1800 rpm. with this motor, VW says the Passat CC is capable of reaching 62 mph in 7.6 seconds.

The more powerful engine is a 3.6-liter gasoline V6 FSI, offering 300 horsepower at 6600 rpm and 266 pound-feet of torque at 2500 rpm. The sprint to 62 mph takes 6.6 seconds.

The Passat CC 3.6 V6 FSI is offered with full-time 4Motion all-wheel drive as standard equipment. The European version is offered with a DSG dual-clutch transmission, while the North American edition is only available with a six-speed Tiptronic automatic.

Dynamic Drive Control

The CC features VW's Dynamic Drive Control adjustable suspension that offers "Normal", "Sport" and "Comfort" modes. Starting with one of those three basic settings, the suspension constantly adapts to the roadway and the driving situation. DDC also reacts to acceleration, braking and steering inputs.

Lane Assist and Automatic Distance Control

Like many cars on the market today, the Passat CC features a radar-based cruise control system to regulate the distance from cars ahead. "ACC Automatic Distance Control" automatically brakes and accelerates within a speed range input by the car driver beforehand.

Another high-tech feature includes the new "Lane Assist" technology, which will automatically (and gently) steer the car back into its lane if it starts to drift out slightly. As long as the driver does not deactivate the system, Lane Assist starts at 40 mph.

It works by detecting lane markings via a camera in the vicinity of the inside mirror or rain sensor. It does not matter whether the lines are continuous or broken as in the case of a center stripe. "Lane Assist" also operates in darkness or fog.

As soon as the system indicates that the car is leaving the ideal line, "Lane Assist" counters by softly steering in the opposite direction.

If drivers take their hands off the steering wheel completely, the system detects this and issues a warning, both acoustic and by vibration, to request that the driver resume control, and then the system switches itself off.

The driver can "override" the "Lane Assist" steering with very little force. The lane keeping assistant does not react when the driver activates the turn signal before crossing over a lane marker."
Attached Thumbnails
New Volkswagen Passat CC-phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpeg  

New Volkswagen Passat CC-phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg1.jpeg  

New Volkswagen Passat CC-phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg2.jpeg  

New Volkswagen Passat CC-phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg3.jpeg  

Old 4th November 2008, 23:36   #2
BHPian

Their recent standards of reliability are down in the pits, but one thing you can't take away from VW is how great their cars look. Just look at the Passat CC! Futuristic yet clean lines, proportionate profile and a superb new face. I think the rear lights are a tad bulbous but other than that, a fantastic looking car.

I have seen these pictures a coupla months back, hence it isn't exactly news. Also, this is NOT the new Passat. The CC is based on the regular Passat platform. IMHO, they should just replace the regular Passat with the CC. Because if the Passat goes upmarket, where does that leave Audi?
Old 5th November 2008, 00:28   #3
BHPian

The new passat looks really great. I have seen it and sat in it.
The old one is not sold any more here in Germany. The new one sports a common rail engine.
Old 5th November 2008, 05:14   #4
BHPian

With the looks of a stunner and options carried, where do we see the Passat being priced in India. 30 Lakhs probably!!!

Great car just hope they price this one appropriately.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:10   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked the Passat CC out at the Paris motor show, have posted pics in another thread too.

The car looks much better in flesh, very non-VW design. It looks brilliant in navy blue, the side profile is the best part. Although the interiors are very good, the rear seats are configured in as 2 seater form. Probably a regular version would be available too.

I believe the car has already launched as I even saw one on the road in Paris.
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:56   #6
BHPian

New Passat on road pics

Today, I saw the new Passat on the road here. They may have been released earlier itself but today was when I managed to spot one. This car was in the adjacent lane. So managed to catch some pictures when the traffic signal turned red.

New Volkswagen Passat CC-passat_front.jpg

New Volkswagen Passat CC-passat_rear.jpg
Old 3rd September 2009, 03:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Isn't this supposed to be the VW CC (and not the Passat CC)? Its either the Passat, or the CC.
Old 7th September 2009, 07:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Isn't this supposed to be the VW CC (and not the Passat CC)? Its either the Passat, or the CC.
its the passat CC and it looks good. well , nothing close to the CLS though.
Old 7th September 2009, 09:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
With the looks of a stunner and options carried, where do we see the Passat being priced in India. 30 Lakhs probably!!!

Great car just hope they price this one appropriately.
Passat looks very good even in the present generation. When is this one coming to India. 30 lakhs for a VW car when one can get a BMW/Mercedes??
Old 8th September 2009, 12:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would quote my fav tv presenter here ' if anyone has to think about a sports saloon, the last two words in his mind would be VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT'.

cheers
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks