Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2004, 18:57   #1
BHPian

BMW fans do have some concern when it comes to the recent design direction,like the new 5-series & the 7-series(which i love).If thats the case then relax,the 6-series(645 Ci) has so much more proportion,its wide,long,low,silky & incredibly sexy.The best part is,when u open the rear boot it looks like the Porsche 911's bottom but only from the side view(sorry i donot have the pic).Its made up of lightweight materials,with an aluminium front bonnet,& the front wings are made of thermoplastic & the big lid at the rear is made of sheet moulding compound(whats that??).

From the inside,its a modern BMW,its all coupe with a big central dash(2 ton) everything facing towards you.It has a iDrive controller to scroll through non-essential functions.Theres also an optional head-up display to project information such as satnav directions & speed onto the windscreen.

The chassis boasts all-aluminium suspension & a Dynamic Stability control device.Run flat tyres are also a standard fit,other xtras also include Dynamic Drive system to reduce body roll through bends via motors acting on the anti-roll bars,plus Active Steering to reduce the steerings weight at low-speeds.
The engines sourced from the 4.4-L V8 of the 745i which produces 333bhp & 332lb ft of torque & is good for 0-62mph in 5.6secs & tops at 155mph.Designed to maintain an ideal 50:50 weight distribution,the 645Ci handles like a dream.This costs under 50,000 which is 10,000 less than the Maserati Coupe's(not bad).
Right now the 6-series comes only with the 4.4l V8 engine.But u get either of the foll gearboxes:-
1)6-speed manual box which is standard
2)6-speed automatic
3)6-speed Sequential manual gearbox with paddle shifters.
Thats 6-6-6 in a 6-series............hmmmmm interesting.
Further versions will follw,rumoured to include a 630Ci powered by a 3l,231bhp straight 6,a 635Ci with a 3.6l,272bhp V8 & a M6 with a 500bhp V10 engine also destined for the next M5.

The 6-series convertible unveiled in Detroit

Old 9th July 2004, 19:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (turbolader @ July 10 2004,03:27)]1)6-speed manual box which is standard
2)6-speed automatic
3)6-speed Sequential manual gearbox with paddle shifters.
Thats 6-6-6 in a 6-series............hmmmmm interesting.
hey nice review, except the 6-6-6 part which i know is not an original statement.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 10th July 2004, 06:22   #3
BHPian

I saw the top gear report where they compared the 3 coupes, the basic carrera 2, xk8r and this and they found this to be non existant in front of those 2, well I would have a little hard time picking this over the porsche, but eventually I know I would pick this then the 911 and then jag, well for them it was the otherway around..in sheer beauti the jag is old and crapy..and the bmw is modern and bold and thats what would make my decision..not that it may be able to go a little faster(ok a lot faster in straight line)..but lets c when the M6 comes out then what would JC has to say..

ps:- the 666 is pretty cool..nice post man..and awesome interior pic...

Cheers

Old 10th July 2004, 06:25   #4
BHPian

I personally think that if you can get everything of a high engine model in a lower engine model, one should go for the lower one..just cuz who gets to test speed 90% of the time..after a given point it just doesnt matter...plus for cars like these I would just got the 630 or the S350 or the SL350(ok may be not here, 55/65 just cuz)..etc..

Cheers
Old 10th July 2004, 06:26   #5
BHPian

amazing wheels on this car man...what I would give to have this..fhewww!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks