Team-BHP - Official Pictures of Mercedes E-class (W212-series)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Official Pictures of Mercedes E-class (W212-series) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/50380-official-pictures-mercedes-e-class-w212-series.html)

Here it is ladies and gentlemen. No more spy photos and speculation. These are the OFFICIAL pictures of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, leaked Internet style for the world to enjoy. Mercedes had originally planned on a January 2009 release of the pics but a clever insider has provided them weeks early, a good holiday present for Mercedes enthusiasts and world car fans alike.

The E-Class has grown in size, length and width for more comfort and interior space. Safety has been a paramount consideration of course and we see that in the new impact absorbing bonnet that pops up 5cm to lessen injury to cyclists or pedestrians in a low speed collision. There's also a system that recognises potential collisions and warns through the driver's pedal that it's time to brake .

Existing technologies for Mercedes like Night Vision are to be found, and new ones such as blind spot and lane departure warning. New generation diesels 200 CDI, 220 CDI and 250 CDI give the frugal potential owners plenty of choice while the 300 CDI and 350 BlueTec come into play higher up. We know there are petrol variants too including the formidable E-Class AMG which should touch the 600bhp/ 450kW mark.

A live reveal of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class is happening at the 2009 Geneva International Motor Show along with the E-Class Coupe. The E-Class Cabriolet appears live at Frankfurt later.

Source: GermanCarZone

Wow! Thanks for the snaps Hanmust. The car looks really great! As a previous owner of E I was waiting for the official release date of this model. The front looks sharp but the back looks kinda pale. Got to see more snaps. Night vision was only available in S Class earlier. E class is bread n' better of Mercedes and its taking every effort to make it more competitive. Mercedes is coming back with its diesel variants which were very famous in the 80's for their tough engines.

thanks for the pictures, rear looks like SONATA:Frustrati

Looks good and dignified. give me one in black. Like all new Merc's, they look better in the metal and in darker colours. IMHO, it has more presence style wise than the S class. The LED lights look better in real life than in pics

Stupid looking rear!!

Definitely dignified should have great road presence. If i had the money I would have gone for a black one.:D

styling is kind of like those stupid chinese cars...trying too hard.. hate the rear and hope that the amg's would lose all those cheap led's and glitter..

Lexus design hadlights and rear looks very plain. Even the new C has a poor rear design.

Looks like they had a Korean designer! The only saving grace is the three-pointed star. Take that away, and you arent left with much, at least styling wise.

Front is fine... rear is a BIG disappointment...looks like a KIA

SO not a fan of this design.
Most of the earlier posters to the thread have gotten it right... it looks like a Kia / Hyundai lovechild. Styling is all over the place, and in an effort to go elegant, it just seems confused and tacky.

Like Phrozenfire said, take away the star and it could be literally any car. None of the distinctive merc characteristics in this one.

Headlights:

Mercedes invents - Lexus copies - Mercedes tries again - Copies Lexus

the rear looks like that of W210 series, only with LED lights!

Like the LEDs in the front air dam cowling.But i dont understand why do they have to give the side profile of the s-class,makes the car look very bulky and unwieldy.

I like the front end. I don't know what to call the rear - Korean? American? I like the brown shade shown above. The car should look fine in dark colours.