Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 02:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept

According to the all-seeing eyes and all-knowing minds at Auto Motor und Sport, Mercedes is on the verge of introducing three new alternatively powered "BlueZero" concept vehicles – a feat they'll perform at next month's North American International Auto Show in Detroit (January 11th-25th; get your ticket. while they're hot). Titled the Mercedes-Benz BlueZero E-Cell, the BlueZero E-Plus Cell and the BlueZero F-Cell, the three models make use of a lithium-ion electric drive, a lithium-ion electric drive plus an internal combustion engine and a fuel cell system, respectively.

In the Mercedes BlueZero E-Cell (powered only by a lithium-ion electric drive system, remember), range is expected to be about 75 miles. In the fuel cell powered Mercedes BlueZero F-Cell, range is expected to double, thanks to the electric motor's ability to act as a generator, thus charging the battery during various stages of operation (much like the S400 HybtriWada). And in the BlueZero E-Plus Cell, a rear-mounted three-cylinder turbo petrol engine borrowed from the smart fortwo is rumored to give the part gas, part electric model an operating range of some 372 miles, with another 75 miles on tap operating in purely electric mode.

How this information was derived isn't clear, but judging by the commonality of Mercedes' various "leaks," I'd expect when the North American International Auto Show opens its doors next month the majority of Auto Motor und Sport's assessments will be spot on.

Time will tell, but in the meantime, keep scrolling to see a number of photos depicting one of the Mercedes BlueZero concept vehicles (click to enlarge), then head over to Auto Motor & Sport where you can check out their full article translated from German for your reading entertainment.

Source: Media/transported.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_2.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_1.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_3.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_4.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_6.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_7.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz BlueZero Concept-11_mercedes_benz_bluezero_concept_vehicle_8.jpg  

Old 16th December 2008, 02:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Interesting interiors!
I'd like to see more electric cars,anyday. Hopefully,with the new govt. coming to power (in the US,ie) things might start to look up for alternate energy sources and automobiles are the main platform to get that ball rolling.
Old 16th December 2008, 08:12   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

These are concept drawings... The finished prototype may look quite different. And i hope so too, since i don't like this shape or color.
BTW, when these models will actually go into production, is another question altogether.
Old 16th December 2008, 09:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Looks more like a Citroen IMHO
Old 16th December 2008, 15:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Design wise I could be a hint for the next-gen B-class
Old 16th December 2008, 17:02   #6
BHPian

The front kind of reminds me of the A-Star concept.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

bang on,the front borrows heavily from the A-star concept,especially the headlamps.The small skin thingy over the rear wheels looks wierd.
Old 16th December 2008, 20:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

You just read my mind Ajmat.
Looks a lot like Citreon.
Hope the Production Model is good though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks