Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 19:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Patrol is back from backpacking,has become fat and now dons a tuxedo.I still like it tough.Far from being an urban yuppie,it'll still do a trans continental trip without a hiccup.Cars keep evolving,so lets not complain much.Land Rovers and Land Cruisers have also followed suit. The main thing is it still loves to get its feet dirty!

But the only car that has kept its character intact has to be the epic Range Rover!
Old 12th April 2010, 18:03   #32
BHPian

Yuck!!! This is so 'Ghetto'. Just look at the rear. Reminds of downtown Chicago gangstas laden with Worldly Chrome!
Old 13th April 2010, 02:56   #33
BHPian

What were they thinking? The last remaining butch off-roader now has manners and etiquettes! Like what some one said, its a bigger looking Sumo Grande with a Nissan badging! Wonder if the UN folks will still lap them up like they used to.
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:18   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder if it is too late for me to post.
But the REAL patrol is very much alive in australia.
Like i always say to my friend ,australia is the place to look for rugged vehicles that have gone soft in USA and europe.
With selectable 4*2 and 4*4, with a 3 litre diesel engine and option of manual and auto tranny. And looks as rugged as ever,unlike the new y62, But think it's going to be phased out next year.
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

The new Patrol.....is an amazing upgrade on the old and with its new V8 it is seen on weekends tearing up the dunes in the UAE as now other can do.

One has to drive it to be able to comprened its power and its off rading capabilities, true the old one looks more agressive. Would love to see what hte SWB would look like

BTW here its known as the Neysan Badrool and the SWB is the Capsula !
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:08   #36
BHPian

Jonga

I would say the Nissan Patrol has come a long way, one remembers that these mules were assembled for the army 20 odd years back, they were rebadged as J.O.N.G.A - Jabalpur Ordnance and Guncarriage Assembly. Had quite an experience with them in Leh, Rajasthan and the North East, i can easily say that most of my childhood got spent commuting in one. Back in the year these 4x4's were boxy, rugged and sported a V6 (my memory is rusty) that delivered approx 100 horses, the FE was an obnoxious 'don't even ask 4~5 kpl'.

The assembly was scrapped by the Indian Army in the late 90's when they decided to move to Mahindra/Maruti Gypsy.
Old 2nd September 2010, 14:21   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

errr....
@luky_13 i say it should be an i6. not a v6.
v6 engines came on SUVs only in the beginning of this decade(i guess)
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:12   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Agreed it is a clone of the LC, it's ridiculous till what extent they have copied the Toyota.
BUT ! I see an big opportunity for Nissan here, price it at 55 lakhs in India and you got a winner !! Great brand building opportunity too.
Old 2nd September 2010, 22:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

same opinion from me as before.

"why are all the new version of cars Korean-ish.?"
Old 3rd September 2010, 04:06   #40
BHPian

Atleast from what I have seen, the new Patrol is huge and has amazing road presence. IMO, it even looks better than the Land Cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
BUT ! I see an big opportunity for Nissan here, price it at 55 lakhs in India and you got a winner !! Great brand building opportunity too.
55lacs seems to be a bit too optimistic, the perfect range would be between 65 to 70Lacs, even then it will be a bargain when compared to the LC. BTW, does Patrol have a diesel variant on sale anywhere ??

Last edited by harishnair : 3rd September 2010 at 04:16.
Old 15th August 2011, 01:42   #41
BHPian

Re: All new 2010 / 2011 Nissan Patrol scooped, looks like a Toyota Landcruiser clone

Somebody said....Bloated Sumo...
Its Mitsu Outlander too from rear....
Those sharp lines were outstanding and personifying the robust and Brute look...
Why they want to convert every SUV into a city driver?
Old 15th August 2011, 09:24   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All new 2010 / 2011 Nissan Patrol scooped, looks like a Toyota Landcruiser clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Atleast from what I have seen, the new Patrol is huge and has amazing road presence. IMO, it even looks better than the Land Cruiser.
55lacs seems to be a bit too optimistic, the perfect range would be between 65 to 70Lacs, even then it will be a bargain when compared to the LC. BTW, does Patrol have a diesel variant on sale anywhere ??
C'mon Patrol and Diesel???
Of course yes!!!
In many markets especially middle east you can get the LC and Patrol in i6/V6,V8 petrols and i6/V6 ,V8 diesels and every engine having a manual and automatic tranny.
Nissan has the perfect opportunity to launch the Patrol,Pathfinder,Xterra and maybe even the Armada (petrol), wonder what's stopping them.
Old 15th August 2011, 10:46   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Sumo grande on severe steroids is the first thing that comes to my mind when I see this beast.
yes it does look Land Cruiser-ish too.
huge beast certainly but Iam sure it will be superb - however Im equally sure that the price will ensure that this is bought only by the politicos, real estate and mining goons of this world - atleast in India.
Old 15th August 2011, 11:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Ironical how even with such a huge canvas to play with manufacturers still manage to make their utes look similar. I think Nissan is trying to attract a slightly different clientele from the usual here. Never the less they have certainly managed to kill a very elegant design. The old patrol off which i see hoards in melbourne looks absolutely fantastic on the road. Very few vehicles on road can match the presence of the old one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks