Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2004, 23:21   #1
BHPian

News: Aston Martin Racing Reveals DBR9

Aston Martin Racing has revealed further details of its all-new DBR9 that will spearhead the marque’s return to international motor racing in 2005.

This new GT racing car, which is based on the latest Aston Martin production sports car, DB9, is being prepared by Aston Martin Racing’s partners, Prodrive, based at Banbury, UK. Prodrive is responsible for the design, development and management of the DBR9 racing programme.

The first DBR9 is being prepared now and will compete during 2005 in selected international sports car events, including Le Mans 24 Hours. Three Aston Martin Racing Works teams will then be appointed to compete in major international sports cars series. These will be independent teams each racing two DBR9s with the full factory support of Aston Martin Racing.

Aston Martin Racing will also make a very limited number of DBR9 racing cars available to selected customers. These cars will be prepared to the same specification as the Works cars.

“The design of DB9 lends itself to be translated perfectly into the DBR9 race car,” said Jeremy Main, Aston Martin’s Director of Product Development & Motorsport. “While DBR9 has been planned for outright performance, every surface sculpture and design detail has been developed to the same high standards as our road cars."

Image:

------------------------------------------------
Now I dont know about what Ya'll think, But I think that is one HOT looking Piece a Machine. Though at first I thought it was Photoshopped, but its straight from AstonMartin Website, here the Article Link..
Old 15th July 2004, 00:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I second that Sheruken. With the pretty clean muscular lines, this is one hot looking GT.

GTO
Old 15th July 2004, 02:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

A smaller hood and a mid engined layout would have done wonders for this car.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 15th July 2004, 03:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

After watching last week's Top Gear I was left drooling over the DB9. This looks even hotter.
Old 15th July 2004, 04:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]A smaller hood and a mid engined layout would have done wonders for this car.
A Honda Avatarred Guy Questioning the Design/Drivetrain Styling of a Britt MonSTAR?
Wow, thats the first (no hard feelings mate, but that was fairly idiotic, i can say).
Old 15th July 2004, 12:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]A Honda Avatarred Guy Questioning the Design/Drivetrain Styling of a Britt MonSTAR?
Wow, thats the first (no hard feelings mate, but that was fairly idiotic, i can say).
No offence taken.

After all, the Honda NSX-R did manage a lap time, 3 secs faster than the Aston Martin Vanquish on Top Gear.

Making a car look good and powerful is one thing, making it go around a track, quick enough is another.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 15th July 2004, 17:06   #7
BHPian

LOL now you're talking like a pure Jap Chap. Thats all that they're good at. I am surprised you didnt say like the other JAPS say, ATLEAST Honda supplies Engines to the best motorsporting arena - the F1. These are the standard things that u guys can talk about. But I suppose you dont understand the concept of GT racing, now do you?

And by the way, THAT LONG HOOD is what makes this car the best looking car in its catagory. (words straight out of Jeremy Clarkson's mouth, now that ur talking TopGear.).
And btw, I dont hate Japs I think they're amazingly engineered, but the new NSX-R is just a waste of time. And why dont some o u guys think anything more than the topgear lap times. Even they dont take these times seriously. A Lotus Exige beat a Porsche 911 GT3 in timing there. So does it mean the exige is a better car? If you see a 575 time it is much slower than even a Gallardo, that doesnt make the lambo a better car. And by the way, an Aston as again (said in JCs words, is a long distance cruiser). And the NSX-R has more stupid interior than even a DTM car. I am not getting anywhere, and probably I should respect your love for Hondas, coz I dont like 1 particular as much as u like ur hondas. But its not just about how much a car laps a test track. Ordinary ppl dont buy their cars and go for trackdays every week end. They buy it and treasure it like an investment. And an Aston is a much better investment that any Jap car ever built.
Old 15th July 2004, 18:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Whoa that's one hot machine, one point that I really liked about the design that Aston Martin has retained are the clean smooth lines and curves that accentuate the car even more when it is parked than when its moving.

Get rid of the spoiler and it would be accepted as an executive sports car any day. No wonder the tycoons love it.

The XKR also has the same strech design

Would love to own one of these
Old 15th July 2004, 18:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Only one word for the Aston .. SHES HOT!!!!!

Dippy
Old 15th July 2004, 19:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Sheruken @ July 16 2004,01:36)]Ordinary ppl dont buy their cars and go for trackdays every week end. They buy it and treasure it like an investment. And an Aston is a much better investment that any Jap car ever built.
Whats the point of making an "R" version of a car, which will eventually, be bougt by ordinary ppl, with ordinary driving habits....think about it.

If you or me were to buy this car, we wouldn't keep it in the garage and use it, to go to the market to buy vegetables.

I just made a plain suggestion that the hood should have been a bit smaller and that it should have had a rear engined layout.

This is how i would like my Aston Martin DBR-9 to look.

PS: Thankyou for the HSC topic....... .

Regards..
Shan2nu

Old 17th July 2005, 19:31   #11
Team-BHP Support

Just an update. The DBR9 has managed a Top Gear lap time of 1 min 8.6 secs beating the Maserati MC12 by 10 secs. It also sounds absolutely wonderful. But, the public can't buy one of these and so, it gets no place on the Power Lap board. Sad!

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2005 at 19:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks