Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2004, 18:09   #1
BHPian

They cancelled it about a month ago, now supposedly it's back on again. come on Honda! Make up your minds!
Prolly u need some advice from ShanMan. He's good at that.

(01:54:19 July 14, 2004)
Honda confirms it: Acura NSX sports car will be replaced

By YUZO YAMAGUCHI | Automotive News

TOKYO - The 13-year-old Acura NSX sports car will be replaced soon by a car much like the HSC concept coupe shown at the Tokyo Motor Show, Honda President Takeo Fukui disclosed last week.

"I want to bring it out soon," Fukui said in an interview for the annual Automotive News Talk from the Top series. "Everybody is waiting for it. It won't be in a year, though."

Fukui called the two-seat HSC concept "a realistic proposal" and said the production NSX would not change much from the show car. The HSC concept, which had a 300-hp V-6 under the hood, is shorter, wider and lower than the current NSX.

"I like the overall proportion of it," Fukui said. "Its compactness is attractive."

The NSX, which has a small but passionate following among performance enthusiasts, has not been fully remodeled since it debuted in 1990. Reflecting its age, worldwide sales last year totaled only 364, with the U.S. market accounting for 233.

The car's worldwide sales peaked at more than 4,500 in 1991.

"This is not a volume car, so it has be aimed at the global market," Fukui said.

The replacement for the nearly $90,000 vehicle is part of Honda's move to shore up the Acura brand. The automaker also will update the Acura RL, due out next fall, by dropping front-wheel drive.

On another topic, Fukui said Honda may increase imports of U.S.-built vehicles into Japan if the yen gets much stronger. The dollar has fallen to about ¥108 from around ¥120 since August, yielding less yen profit for Japanese companies for every dollar of sale.

"We have to think of different ways" to adjust, he said.

Honda imports the U.S.-made Element and the Canada-built MDX and Odyssey minivan, which is sold in Japan as the LaGreat. Through September, the automaker has imported 16,689 cars and trucks into Japan, up 132 percent over the same period in 2002

Old 15th July 2004, 20:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Rear view........

Interiors......

Those rear lights look like afterburners......

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 15th July 2004, 21:37   #3
BHPian

shan,

you right they do look like afterburners.

Sheruken,

do you have a link to the original story?
Old 15th July 2004, 23:22   #4
BHPian

I wrote it from an Article in a Magazine. I dont have a scanner, but I'll try to scan the (article) image and post it. And yeah the car looks Wicked.. The rear is even more crazy lookinig then I'd thought it wud be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks