Eddie Griffin crashed Enzo owned by Daniel Sadek during movie promotion
Celebrity Crashes-griffin.jpg

Salman Khan
Celebrity Crashes-salman.jpg

Lindsay Lohan
Celebrity Crashes-lindsay.jpg
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

You forgot the famous or should I say infamous red Enzo Ferrari crash by Mr.Stefan Eriksson, co-owner of Gizmondo. This red Enzo, a black Enzo and a black SLR were cars stolen by him.
The guys at Gameboy had also cut a cake(shaped like the crashed Enzo) to celebrate his arrest after the crash.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

How about princess diana crash in 1997
Attached Thumbnails
Celebrity Crashes-d1.jpg  

Celebrity Crashes-d2.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2008, 20:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

By The way i think the guy in the white thinks that the car is a new exotic so holding it like people(like me) do when they spot exotics parked somewhere
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:34   #5
BHPian

Uh , The guy in the white is actually the one who crashed it Eddie Griffin.
Old 4th June 2008, 00:19   #6
BHPian

I think the number 1 on this list should be James Dean and his Porsche 550 Spyder crash and his eventual death.
Old 4th June 2008, 00:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

There is a Veyron crashed by an Indian in UK will try to seach for the pics
Old 4th June 2008, 00:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

here is UK veyron crash link
Pics of £800,000 Bugatti Veyron crash-Motoring News
Old 4th June 2008, 10:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I think the number 1 on this list should be James Dean and his Porsche 550 Spyder crash and his eventual death.
I dont have a pic of the crash, but here he is with the car. Also had this little note saved, I cant recall from where though, and cant verify the authenticity!

Since Dean's death, his Porsche 550 Spyder has been infamous as being the vehicle that killed not only him, but for injuring and killing several others in the years following his death. Over the years people believed that the actor's vehicle was cursed. George Barris bought the wreck for $2,500 only to have it slip off its trailer and break a mechanics leg. Soon afterwards Barris sold the engine and drive-train to physicians Troy McHenry and William Eschrid respectively. While racing against each other, the former would be killed when his vehicle spun out of control and crashed into a tree, while the latter would be seriously injured when his vehicle rolled over. Barris later sold two tires, which malfunctioned as well, blowing simultaneously causing the buyers car to go off road. Two young would-be thieves were injured while attempting to steal parts from the car. One tried to steal the steering wheel, his arm was ripped open on a piece of jagged metal. The other man was injured trying to steal the bloodstained seat. That was the last straw for Barris who decided to store "Little *******" away. The California Highway Patrol persuaded Barris to loan the wrecked car for an exhibit. The garage storing the spyder went up in flames, destroying everything except the car. The next display was at Sacramento High School, ended when the car fell, breaking a students hip. On the way to Salinas the truck hauling the car lost control, causing the driver to fall out and was crushed by the porsche after it fell off the back of the truck. Two more occasions, once of the freeway and again in Oregon the car came off other trucks. Its last use in a CHP exhibit was in 1959. In 1960 when being returned to George Barris the car and the truck holding it, as well as its driver mysteriously vanished. It has not been seen since??? I did observe not long ago two 550 porsche spyders, one with "103" makings being crushed for salvage in El Monte, California. Was that the Dean car?
Attached Thumbnails
Celebrity Crashes-lil03.jpg  

Old 4th June 2008, 10:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Also had this little note saved, I cant recall from where though, and cant verify the authenticity!
Ya I've heard the story too. Here's a link I found.
Ghost Stories: The Curse of James Dean's Car

There are many other links of you look on Google.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:29   #11
BHPian

How can we forget our very own Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) involved in an accident between his Mclaren F1 and an Austin Metro. Find the details here -
BBC News | Entertainment | Mr Bean crashes sports car
Old 4th June 2008, 20:00   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I dont have a pic of the crash, but here he is with the car. Also had this little note saved, I cant recall from where though, and cant verify the authenticity!

Since Dean's death, his Porsche 550 Spyder has been infamous as being the vehicle that killed not only him, but for injuring and killing several others in the years following his death. Over the years people believed that the actor's vehicle was cursed. George Barris bought the wreck for $2,500 only to have it slip off its trailer and break a mechanics leg. Soon afterwards Barris sold the engine and drive-train to physicians Troy McHenry and William Eschrid respectively. While racing against each other, the former would be killed when his vehicle spun out of control and crashed into a tree, while the latter would be seriously injured when his vehicle rolled over. Barris later sold two tires, which malfunctioned as well, blowing simultaneously causing the buyers car to go off road. Two young would-be thieves were injured while attempting to steal parts from the car. One tried to steal the steering wheel, his arm was ripped open on a piece of jagged metal. The other man was injured trying to steal the bloodstained seat. That was the last straw for Barris who decided to store "Little *******" away. The California Highway Patrol persuaded Barris to loan the wrecked car for an exhibit. The garage storing the spyder went up in flames, destroying everything except the car. The next display was at Sacramento High School, ended when the car fell, breaking a students hip. On the way to Salinas the truck hauling the car lost control, causing the driver to fall out and was crushed by the porsche after it fell off the back of the truck. Two more occasions, once of the freeway and again in Oregon the car came off other trucks. Its last use in a CHP exhibit was in 1959. In 1960 when being returned to George Barris the car and the truck holding it, as well as its driver mysteriously vanished. It has not been seen since??? I did observe not long ago two 550 porsche spyders, one with "103" makings being crushed for salvage in El Monte, California. Was that the Dean car?
I don't know if its only me but the first few lines sound like the plot of manga/anime "Wangan Midnight", only in that case the car was a Nissan Fairlady S30Z. Throughout the manga its referred to as the "Devil Z" because each driver that acquired it met with serious crashes- as if the car was rejecting its owners- until a young guy picks it up and restores it even after crashing two times.

But the car, truck and the driver vanishing is something else.
Old 4th June 2008, 22:28   #13
BHPian

Ghost Car 42

Its not a celeb crash,but nevertheless an unusual story.

May 5,1963 began as a great day
for auto racing fans in Japan. The country's first grand prix since the war was to be held at the ultra modern Suzuka circuit in Nagoya. Favored to win was Masao Asano, driving a white Austin-Healy. Its number: 42.

The choice of the number astonished the crowd, for 42 is one that most Japanese would avoid if possible. The Arabic numerals for 42 translate as shi ni , which is related to the Japanese word shingu (“to die”). But Asano dismissed worried comments as “old superstitious.”

Toward the end of the first lap, Asano took the lead. Then, as he approached the final, tricky bend at more than 130 miles per hour, his Austin-Healy went out of control. Bouncing across the track, it ripped through crash barriers and hurtled into a ravine. By the time the official reached the wreck, Asano was dead.

A few weeks later the Japan auto federation, which controls all of the country’s motor sports, banned the use of the number 42 on any vehicle racing in Japan.

A year later, some 150,000 fans arrived at the Suzuka circuit for japans second grand prix, a much larger event than the first. Two teams of spotters took up their positions in the control tower; they would check the running order of the cars every time each completed a circuit, and after the race they would compare notes for accuracy.

During the race, with the crowded track, the spotters had no time to think – only to call out the numbers of the cars as each flashed by. But when they compared notes they discovered that the car with the number 42 had passed by no fewer than 8 of the 25 laps.

No one could describe the car it had been, or its driver. Had Masao Asano returned to the course to run one final race in the sport he loved so much ?

Last edited by aah78 : 5th June 2008 at 00:58. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:41   #14
BHPian

Cristiano Ronaldo smashes his Ferrari 599

Cristiano Ronaldo just smashed his 599 hard in Manchester. I guess thats another sale for Ferrari then. In these times even one extra 599 must be good news for the Manchester Ferrari Dealership!

Here's the Article:

He wrote off his red Ferrari today after colliding with a barrier on his way to training with the Manchester United team. The front of the high-performance car was crumpled in the smash and its wheel lay 200 yards behind the battered vehicle in a tunnel near Manchester airport this morning.

Jodie Lomax, who was in a car behind, told BBC Radio Manchester: "I was driving behind going under the Manchester Airport tunnel when a Ferrari in front of me dropped a gear. It was an awesome sound. I put my window down to listen to the exhaust. It sounded absolutely superb. Then the Ferrari went straight into the wall.

His front left-hand wheel came off and then Ronaldo got out of the car. I was shocked. He was all right. He was walking. I was stunned to see the Ferrari go into the wall and then seeing Ronaldo. He was all right. He was obviously shocked. Who wouldn't be? It's a shame about the car as well."
Officers attended and discovered a Ferrari had collided with a barrier. No one is believed to have been injured. Inquiries are continuing.”

The footballer has reportedly spent two million pounds on fast cars since joining Manchester United five years ago. As well as the Ferrari, he is thought to also own several Porsches, a BMW and a Rolls Royce Phantom with a personalised CR7 number plate that cost around £150,000.

Source: The Times UK
Attached Thumbnails
Celebrity Crashes-ronaldo_panorama__0_462827a.jpg  

Celebrity Crashes-ronaldo_panorama__0_462828a.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2009 at 00:10. Reason: Thread merged with existing.
Old 8th January 2009, 21:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ouch!! Sad to see such a fine piece of work headed to the junkyard!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks