Team-BHP - Potentially new Rear End - On the Honda Accord
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Potentially new Rear End - On the Honda Accord (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/5176-potentially-new-rear-end-honda-accord-2.html)

Dont the lights look gawky, an afterthought? Maybe, like Rtech said, the pics dont do it justice. Waiting for another shot.

Manti.

Quote:

This is the new "HYBRID" Accord.
In terms of design, the Hybrid Accord looks exactly like the regular Accord.

GTO

If the looks of the new rear end are similar to that of the first pic, then Honda have done a great job of copying a great silhouette. It resembles the CLS from some angles.

But as NC put it, its quite bottom heavy. And so much clean sheet metal is making it a cousin of the Camry. Not something you'd like, especially when you are trying to compete with it.

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
the first pic is an Acura - TL ?

Possible. Since all Acuras are based on Hondas.

On an afterthought, perhaps Honda decided they needed a different backside since Hyundai copied theirs?

the rear end does not look like a typical honda....too heavy look...kinda like lincoln

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Possible. Since all Acuras are based on Hondas.

On an afterthought, perhaps Honda decided they needed a different backside since Hyundai copied theirs?

i think acuras come a rather aggressive styling .. more sportier look and feel to them ..

This is the regular Indian Accord body with different tailights, bumper and wheels. The "all red" tailights is for USA only, where you are allowed to have a red turn signal. For the rest of the world, you need to have a amber turn signal. Hybrid V6 makes 255bhp whereas the base V6 makes 240 bhp (US market)

I love that spoiler on the new accord. It looks like the m3 style spoiler which u get on audi a4's and a6's in the US. Adds the sportiness, while leaving the elegant look of the car. Have seen a couple of such spoilers here for cheap as its really small and sticks on using 3m so its relatively cheaper to make. Was wondering if anyone can get it made for my accord? wanna get it fitted ? ZenGT? or some1 u think u can copy that one for the 2002 model accord?

well looks bad
current rear design is better than both of 'em (second one is much same but lots of red dose makes me mad)

roof mounted antena looks good may also improve reception (haven't heard any complaints about current model)

Quote:

In terms of design, the Hybrid Accord looks exactly like the regular Accord.
Hybrid Accord from exterios is almost same as 2003 (seventh generation)
all changes are under the hood!

Honda Tech Link with more pictures of new accord

More pictures have been found. This indeed is the new rear end of the Honda Accord.

I love it!

GTO

Looks like the rear end of the Nissan Altima from far and like those of the Alfa Romeo with funny triangular lights (Theta?) from afar...

The rear looks just like a Toyota Vios, which is a competator for NHC...

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33
roof mounted antena looks good may also improve reception (haven't heard any complaints about current model)

Adya,
The rear antenna is for Cell phones and not for radio reception... Its like he ones on the Mercs and the Beemers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by F 50
Got some 255 bhp under the hood and some other features like Variable Cylinder Mangement(VCM) which shuts down 3 cylinder while cruising and braking.

But isnt this the feature which is presently available on the V6 version available in India ??? Someone said so but i am not sure can some one put some light on this !!!!!

i think the hybrid accord has a different grill just like the civic hybrid. at first glance i thought it was the honda accord coupe but the other(new) pics showed 4 doors.

btw: does the accord hybrid come as a coupe or just sedan