Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 23:23   #1
BHPian

New Fiat Palio -Brazil

Mods - Please move/delete if any thread already exists.

Saw in the overdrive magazine about the new fiat palio in brazil, so went ahead, checked the site and there it was.

NOVO Palion 2010

Fiat | Monte seu Carro
Attached Thumbnails
New Fiat Palio -Brazil-foto_album_175_182_1128.jpg  

Old 5th February 2009, 00:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

looks bravoish
just a facelift by the looks
Old 5th February 2009, 01:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks a bit weird to me!Mix and match a few lines,and they come up with a new look. Headlights ain't pretty,either!
Old 5th February 2009, 01:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

I still prefer the 1st gen Palio sold in INDIA. Nothing can beat that hatch in terms of overall looks.
Old 5th February 2009, 07:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think this is still based on Platform 178A. Just with now refreshed looks that is nothing but a cosmetic upgrade.
We need a new palio on new platform.
Old 5th February 2009, 07:51   #6
BHPian

yep, the exterior does'nt really look fresh.
Nothing inspiring. But the interiors can look better than the current Palio.

Is Palio up for a refresh in India?
The Brazilian website has the current Palio and the new one as well.
Not sure whether they will follow the same model here.
Old 5th February 2009, 08:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think this is still based on Platform 178A. Just with now refreshed looks that is nothing but a cosmetic upgrade.

The 178 Platform is undoubtfully one of the best, especially for a mini-hatch. The Grande punto platform is defenitely ahead than 178, but for a price point, theres nothing to beat the 178.

Somewhere I read that, Palio will get an overall upgrade of both interior and exterior, Only the chasis and door will remain same and everything else will be upgraded. The new Palio is supposed to be launched in India in 2010.
Old 5th February 2009, 08:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whats wrong with this platform? If you havent noticed, the Brazillian Palio comes with a 1.8 Litre petrol under the hood.... so if the platform is good enough for such a big engine I dont see any reason for changing the platform.
Old 5th February 2009, 10:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
1a) The 178 Platform is undoubtfully one of the best, especially for a mini-hatch. The Grande punto platform is defenitely ahead than 178, but for a price point, theres nothing to beat the 178.

2) Somewhere I read that, Palio will get an overall upgrade of both interior and exterior, Only the chasis and door will remain same and everything else will be upgraded. The new Palio is supposed to be launched in India in 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
1b) Whats wrong with this platform? If you havent noticed, the Brazillian Palio comes with a 1.8 Litre petrol under the hood.... so if the platform is good enough for such a big engine I dont see any reason for changing the platform.
1a and 1b )
There is nothing particularly wrong with the platform, but it is getting old. Some issues like rear seat space, boot sapce are much better in the newer hatches. Also the newer platform ill be buildt using more modern tech so for the same car we can expect lower weight. Right now for the car of this size, the weight is slightly higher. WE can expect improvements in aerodynamics, safety, less weight etc with a new platform. This is more than 10 year old platform and the newer hatches like i20 are better. Yes the price point i different, but Fiat can gun for that also. In the segment below, I expect Ritz and other cars to have a good build to compete with Palio in a sharp manner, might not be as good as Palio, but can compete. The competition is stiffening up and overall as a car, improvements made in the car using new platform will have its own advantages. The car will be more competitive. Just refreshing after all these years now makes the car look old whatever is done.

2) That will be too late. Jazz would have made entry along with Nissan and Toyota. Will be tough then.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 5th February 2009 at 10:51.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1a and 1b )
There is nothing particularly wrong with the platform, but it is getting old. Some issues like rear seat space, boot sapce are much better in the newer hatches. Also the newer platform ill be buildt using more modern tech so for the same car we can expect lower weight. Right now for the car of this size, the weight is slightly higher. WE can expect improvements in aerodynamics, safety, less weight etc with a new platform. This is more than 10 year old platform and the newer hatches like i20 are better. Yes the price point i different, but Fiat can gun for that also. In the segment below, I expect Ritz and other cars to have a good build to compete with Palio in a sharp manner, might not be as good as Palio, but can compete. The competition is stiffening up and overall as a car, improvements made in the car using new platform will have its own advantages. The car will be more competitive. Just refreshing after all these years now makes the car look old whatever is done.
Palio has better build than the latest Suzuki which is the Swift and has more space including boot and is pegged at a price lower than Swift.
The upcoming Ritz will be pegged below the Swift. I cant see how can it better the Swift, let alone a Palio.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I still prefer the 1st gen Palio sold in INDIA. Nothing can beat that hatch in terms of overall looks.
Always true.

I own Fiat Palio 1.6 Sports, and other day I was getting her to fill for petrol at Shell in bangalore and it was only car in the station. The looks with shell station reminds me of a Ferrari at shell .. Next-time I shall click some photo and upload here.

I think FIAT forgot to build cars which look masculine and aggressive. Just compare the FIAT 1st gen and 2nd gen in India.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

This palio looks good but does not go with what we Indian have definition for beauty.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:28   #13
Senior - BHPian

eeks! at first sight, it looks like a the punto, palio and some color were thrown into a mixie and blended.

i still think th 1st gen Palio had some rather nice lines... they should bring back a limited edition 1.6GTX SP.. like the S10 500 nos... I know i'll buy one of them!
Old 5th February 2009, 13:20   #14
BHPian

The interiors have been refreshed for the Brazilian Palio - I followed the link. They look much better than the current offering. This should be offered here if they want to inject some life to the flagging sales.
Old 5th February 2009, 13:34   #15
BHPian

Each time they fiddle around with the design, they make it look worse. This new iteration of the Palio is ghastly, I would'nt even think of buying a cheap look alike of the Grande Punto. A very very ugly looking car, at least when you compare it to the original indian Palio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks