Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2005, 11:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 2007 S-class...

The new S-class looks more coupe-ish than its predecessor. Must be the CLS influence...
I saw the photos here..
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/m...16/photos.html
Old 1st May 2005, 11:34   #2
BHPian

Man, the whole looks BUTT-UGLY... even Merc. are going to the dogs... I know I've sai this before, but we've used every imaginable combination of straight lines possible, and what Chris Bangle has done is exeptional. He has taken curves to a new dimension and incorporated it into BMWs - something that people are all going to do very shortly. However, BMW and Bangle will be remembered as the pioneers of this particular design revolution. They are definitely using a fantastic marketing plan - do so well that you force others to follow you, which means that you cannot do any beter. Soon, all cars are going to have designs along Bangles flame styling, which means BMW have won, and Merc. Benz came in second.

Again, in my opinion, this car looks like some deformed toad with a huge power boost.
Old 1st May 2005, 11:40   #3
Team-BHP Support

Again, these are photo retouches of prototype mules based on what they think it will look like - lets wait for the real thing before making a judgement
Old 1st May 2005, 11:48   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Again, these are photo retouches of prototype mules based on what they think it will look like - lets wait for the real thing before making a judgement
Completely valid, but even then, you cannot change the entire car for the prototype car - the A,B, and C pillares looks so strange, the windshield is too large, and the entire rear looks like its meling onto the road - surely Benz are keeping some, if not all, these lines on the car, which is soooo gruesome. I can't even imagine someone wanting to show this work to anyone else... but, I will take your adveice, ad take back my previous comment, and realease my opinion whe the car does come out... hehe...

Cheers!!
Aveek
Old 1st May 2005, 12:09   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
.. but, I will take your adveice, ad take back my previous comment, and realease my opinion whe the car does come out... hehe...

Cheers!!
Aveek

Great spirit - but I do agree with you about the photo impression. When I saw the release photo of the Merc S class w126 , I thought yuk but when I saw it in the metal - wow. Again details feature can make this look better. The w140 looked pretty ordinary but when they subtlely facelifted it in 1995, it looked a lot better - that is the logic of my commnet - wait and see it in the metal
Old 1st May 2005, 13:44   #6
BHPian

Not a fan of new Merc styling here. Looks too Korean-ish IMHO.

Quote:
Exactly. For one thing, I yapped about the 997 Carrera prototype styling, but the production versions look far better than the 996. But as for the Merc, while many may feel the design is going futuristic, all I can say is that it keeps getting worse.

Manti.
Old 1st May 2005, 14:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I really like the new S, even though it reminds me abit of the mondeo's headlamps and the rear is very similar to the Maybach. The car still retains the looks that the worlds best car needs to have.
Old 1st May 2005, 14:30   #8
BANNED

its butt ugly alright i still prefer the 7 series to thing one. its just so boring now. mercs are going down the drain bad.
Old 1st May 2005, 16:34   #9
BHPian

ugh...:( ..yeah it looks crappy..but the front looks ok..so iono.
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:23   #10
BHPian

ahuh..

the black one looks absolutely crappy....
though id have to tell ull guys wait an see the new lexus sports coupes on road...
simply another car to dream about...
Old 5th May 2005, 14:28   #11
Team-BHP Support

Well, as I said, see the car in the metal in near final form

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...s/s-class.html

and the CL

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...rcedes/cl.html
Old 6th May 2005, 01:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, as I said, see the car in the metal in near final form

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...s/s-class.html

and the CL

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...rcedes/cl.html
The s-class look very good,but the cl looks even more beautiful.These cars have no clues from the Bangled designs.they are original and somewhat based on the cls(the rear).both cars will chew the competition.

in one word.The Glory restored.
Old 6th May 2005, 03:49   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

The CL is by far the best coupe in the market today. It has been my fav for the longest time...only the CLS has come quite close to my licking compared to the CL...but the style and class of the CL is in another league.
Here is a better pic of the next generation CL
http://idata4.network.biggnet.net/pr...ic.php?p=18424
Pics of the 2007 C-Class http://www.automobilemag.com/2007_sn..._benz_c_class/

The new addition to the merc stable next year... CLE, which is the CLS's younger brother...it will be based on the C-class
http://www.automobilemag.com/2007_sn...edes_benz_cle/

Mercedes seems to be revamping their models with a more cliche headlamp designs....the roundish headlamps is what made the cars stand out amongst the rest but it seems like they will blend with the crowd from now on... the new C-class lights look kind of like the current Civics headlamps and the S-class looks like the mondeo.

Last edited by Sahil : 6th May 2005 at 04:02.
Old 6th May 2005, 12:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

The new CL is indeed a very good looking car. I just hope that Mercedes gets its quality problems sorted out before launching so many models. The R,G,CLE and the revised models of most of its existing lineup is expected too. Mercedes,IMO, aims to thoroughly confuse its customers as to what kind of car they really want.
Old 6th May 2005, 12:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well the CL you guys are seeing is just a computer made image. I bet the original car will look a lot different.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks