Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 11:07   #16
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
But the "tacky black plastic" is carbon fibre! That's what has helped the Murcielago shed 100 kilograms in weight!! And most of the "offroad kit" helps with aerodynamics..
what i'm trying to say is that there is no way this new lambo compares to this and rather get the stock LP which personally looks much better and more refined than this SV... A 0.2 sec improvement on 0 - 60 times is not the only thing that matters in a car.. The stock LP is a beauty and this is nowhere as beautiful..

and first of all dont get so excited about the 100kg weight loss, i'm not too impressed with only 30 hp and only 200 lbs on a car that weighed 3900 before!

and the rear is simply fugly... Secondly, lambo went overboard with aerodynamics here. look at how ferrari plays it.

though this would look much better if the Whole Kit and wing were body coloured.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-ferrariscuderiaspider16mrearangle.jpg  

Old 4th March 2009, 12:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
what i'm trying to say is that there is no way this new lambo compares to this and rather get the stock LP which personally looks much better and more refined than this SV... A 0.2 sec improvement on 0 - 60 times is not the only thing that matters in a car.. The stock LP is a beauty and this is nowhere as beautiful..

and first of all dont get so excited about the 100kg weight loss, i'm not too impressed with only 30 hp and only 200 lbs on a car that weighed 3900 before!

and the rear is simply fugly... Secondly, lambo went overboard with aerodynamics here. look at how ferrari plays it.

though this would look much better if the Whole Kit and wing were body coloured.
They're just milking the engine (and the market) for all it's worth. And if the most they could get from it was 30 more BHP, so be it. Not everybody wants a Lambo for its looks.

The 100 kg weight loss is quite impressive. If I'm not wrong, Ferrari could also manage to remove only 100 kg for the 430 Scuderia. And unlike the Lambo, the Scuderia had literally everything removed. now THAT looked tacky (for further reference, search "interior pics scuderia" on google).

Ferrari is built only for speed, with a few good looks thrown in. It's quiet, hardworking, efficient and successful (Ratan Tata, if you want) while Lambo is loud, showy, but still just as successful (Vijay Mallya? or maybe Ambanis). Lambo as a brand is generally known to go over the top, and that's part of its appeal. Hypercars concept was introduced to us by Lamborghini, remember?

Last edited by f450 : 4th March 2009 at 12:10.
Old 17th March 2009, 17:35   #18
BHPian

Brothers,did you see this new video of Lambo murci sv ?.It is very hot !

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th March 2009 at 21:09. Reason: BMWaddict, please post text and videos in appropriate threads and not off-topic. Post moved.
Old 13th February 2010, 07:34   #19
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA
The 4,000th Lamborghini Murcielago

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-murcielago4000.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

Italian Super sportscar manufacturer Automobili Lamborghini proudly celebrates a historic event: an LP 670-4 SuperVeloce version of its current flagship V12 Murciélago, carrying series number 4,000, has just left Lamborghini's factory in Sant'Agata Bolognese, destined for a Chinese buyer.

Commenting on the record production, Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. President and CEO Stephan Winkelmann said, "The enthusiasm our products incite makes us proud and confirms that the company's product strategy and model range are a winning combination, producing exceptionally desirable super sportscars."

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-lambomurcisv_01.jpg
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-lambomurcisv_03.jpg

Only around 2,900 of the previous V12 model, the Lamborghini Diablo, were built over eleven years of production.

The Murciélago SuperVeloce LP 670-4 carrying series number 4,000 is a lightweight version of the Murciélago LP 640 on which it is based.

With an increase in power to 670 hp from its 6.5 V12 engine, and weight reduced by 100 kg, the power-to-weight ratio of the SuperVeloce is 2.3kg/hp. The 0-100km/h acceleration is blisteringly quick at 3.2sec, and top speed reaches 342 km/h (212mph). Only 350 SuperVeloce special series models will be produced, with each one's soft contours and razor-sharp edges showing the features of an extreme driving machine.

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-lambomurcisv_16.jpg
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-lambomurcisv_17.jpg

This SuperVeloce will be delivered to Lamborghini's showroom in Hangzhou: China has become a strategically important market for Lamborghini's super sportscars. The Italian car manufacturer has a sales affiliate in China as well as seven dealers who have recorded an exponential increase in sales, with the Pacific-Asian area responsible for a quarter of all Lamborghini cars produced.

Murciélago series number 4,000 shows off its carbon fibre body painted in orange Arancione Atlas, a luxurious cockpit in Alcantara and carbon fibre inserts, black sports bucket seats with orange contrasting trim and an imposing rear spoiler which improves vehicle stability at high speeds.

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-lambomurcisv_18.jpg
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-lambomurcisv_19.jpg

[SOURCE: LAMBORGHINI]

Old 13th February 2010, 10:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

What a car this is! With the LP670, attacking an empty stretch of mountain road hammers so much immediacy and raw excitement into the usual supercar mix, your heart nearly leaps out of your chest. The noise, the bite, the response, the grip and braking power – all require rapid mental recalibration to make much sense of. Not because they in any way defy the physics of what’s possible given the basic hardware but because they’re delivered with such unfiltered honesty and intensity. Both against the clock and subjectively, the SV is a savagely, intimidatingly fast car !

I had seen the making of the LP670 on Natgeo Ultimate Factories. It is worth seeing that episode in HD to see how intricately each part of the Lamborghini is put together to form a masterpiece.

And look at that exhaust. I mean just look at it! The whole of Haiti could have been rehabilitated there!
And look at the instrument cluster...
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-car_photo_307824_25.jpg  

Last edited by theragingbull : 13th February 2010 at 10:45.
theragingbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2010, 10:42   #21
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0220101646.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0220101637.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0220101649.jpg

There you go, Raging Bull. Some pics of the 670 I saw on Thursday.

Check out the Dubai thread for more pics.
Old 23rd August 2011, 17:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce

A Superveloce in matte brown and over that, the owner removed the signature spoiler

Source: Autoblog (at Monterey 2011)
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-01mattebrownlamborghinimurcielago.jpg  

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-02mattebrownlamborghinimurcielago.jpg  

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 Superveloce-07mattebrownlamborghinimurcielago.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2011, 18:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
A Superveloce in matte brown and over that, the owner removed the signature spoiler

Source: Autoblog (at Monterey 2011)

AFAIK the Murcielago LP670-4 SV came in two versions, a Handling version, with the Big Spoiler but slightly less top speed and a High Speed Version without the Spoiler. I guess this is the High Speed Version.

Does look good though, with the gold wheels. I would have thought a brown supercar would look just wrong, but this dosen't.
Old 24th August 2011, 19:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

This brown Murci i think is one of the very few around the world that has a manual transmission,i read about it in another forum.This most probably is a swiss owned car.
Old 24th August 2011, 19:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure about the facts stated by SuperBee about different speed versions.

From what I know, for all LP670-SV, G-SL and LP570-4 SL the spoiler is an option which most of them ticks but isn't part of the standard equipment. They are an optional add-on but as we see most of them with it, we feel awkward seeing one without it

And that's one choco-licious SV there
Old 29th August 2011, 00:45   #26
BHPian

I might not have used the correct terminology i think.

Its called an Aeropack Spoiler. Without the Aeropack, the top speed is 212 mph and with the Aeropack its 209 mph. The Aeropack Set up, as the name suggests, is aerodynamically inclined, giving better Handling characteristics at the cost of those 3 mph's.

I get a feeling this brown coloured supercar would look better in a museum, or in autoshows rather than racetracks.

Most Viewed