Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2004, 00:08   #1
BHPian

I had no idea that this car is on sale..in germany..this amazingly huge dealer has 4 on sale..

Veyron 16.4 on Sale

This guy has an inventory probably woth more than 200 million euros man..I am guessing even more...awesome stuff, but he has this car on sale for about a little over 1 mil euros..

i thought it still had issues with the drivetrain and more..

check it out.

Cheers

Old 25th July 2004, 18:37   #2
BHPian

Umm NOOOO!!!!! This car is not on sale. It has a LOT of stability problems. They have actually reduced the claimed top speed now. The new expected display of the car is in Mid-Next year. What I can probably guess from that website since its in German is that he has one on order and can probably provide it once its released. IMO opinion though this car will be a bigger flop than the EB110SS. VW isn't competent enough to make a supercar.
Old 28th July 2004, 03:37   #3
BHPian

Hey grim, it is very much on sale starting this year and no this was not pre-booking, this was an actual car from last year, bugatti did give out very select few to some high end clients and dealers with limited production, so the 2 he has from 2003 are those and then he has 2004 models as well, now those are going to be regular production pieces, which I can agree could be bookings, but I think he has then on the floor..no news about it but I read that these were sold last year...

I dont know much about the EB110 but I can tell u this car is not going to be a joke...surely its not the best looking, but it is going to perform pretty good..and i heard you say VW is not competent, but dont you have one of their creations as your avtar : ) audi is very much owned by VW so lambos are owned by VW then right...and they are super machines..

Cheers..

Old 31st July 2004, 14:46   #4
BHPian

OK! First off, you seriously need to check the source where you got the information from dude regarding the Bugatti. the cars are not sold. The manufacturers are having problems with its chassis so I hardly think that they would be able to sell them so quickly. It is in ALL the major car magazines out there that Bugatti has postponed the Veyron to next year. Could someone like Rehaan or GTO back me up on this cause I'm 100% sure that this is the case.
Secondly, I don't know what you meant about the EB110 but from what I could figure out you think that this is a new car??? Dude this was released like 10-12 years ago. The EB110SS which is a more powerful version of the normal EB110 was released in 1992. So I am guessing the 'normal' EB110 was released sometime before it. Anyways, this car was an absolute disaster which got Bugatti under. This was not due to the driveability of the car or whatever (but I do not know since I haven't read any reviews on it) but this was due to the fact that when this car was released the economy was tanking and so the car like the Jag XJ didn't do well.
Anyways, about the Lamborghini comment, VW officially doesn't have anything to do with it. Even though Audi is owned by VW, VW doesn't have anything to do with Lamborghini. This I know for a fact. I will soon find some proof on this and also while I sesrch you think of this:

Ferrari is partially owned by Fiat - But does Fiat have anything major do regarding Ferrari?? NO Because otherwise the name of Ferrari would go to ruins
MASERATI is owned by Ferrari - So does Fiat have anything to do with Maserati ??
Old 31st July 2004, 15:23   #5
Team-BHP Support

Cant really comment,

But if you look at the bottom of the link with the prices it says this

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]* without obligation (time 36 months, 20% pre-payment, 50% residual value)
cya
R
Old 31st July 2004, 15:26   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have to agree with Grimreaper on this. The Bugatti is not even certified as road-legal so I cant imagine it being on sale anywhere in the world. Its quite simply gone where no other supercar has gone before...Apparently the Bugatti was highly unstable at speeds over 300 km/h and needed a thorough and strict design re-check. Talks of topspeed being lowered were also floating around.

There were something like 14 deposits taken toward the car. But to the best of my knowledge...not a single example (even prototypes) is available for delivery.

GTO
Old 1st August 2004, 04:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Bugatti Veyron clearly depicts the excesses of Ferdinand Piech and gang during their golden days at VW.

To be honest, the last few years of Piech at VW were more of a " i wanna leave on a high note" belief. And that really hasn't worked to the VW group's favour.

Outright purchases of Bugatti, Bentley, RR (which turned out to be a mighty disaster when BMW cocked a snook and stole it from them at a 5th the buying price) and Lamborghini, alongwith restructuring of Skoda and Seat really drained huge resources away from the VW group.

Then VW developed a certain penchant for getting VW into luxury cars (which you and I know has been a dud) and then the Veyron. Honestly, the problem with the Veyron is with how it puts its power down. That wheelbase is too short and in the process of trying to make a car that's the most powerful, yet driveable, VW engineers thought they cud bend the laws of physics just as they did with their 3L, 2L and 1L cars. Sadly, i think they live in a mistaken world.

The Veyron today is 3 years too late. The economy is in tank mode (check the Maybach sales story elsewhere in this messageboard) and people have lost faith in Bugatti in being able to deliver. I just think they shudn't even bother with the Veyron and just make a 360/911 sized "useable" sports car.

Revv

Most Viewed