Team-BHP - 2010 Mercedes E63 AMG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2010 Mercedes E63 AMG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/56022-2010-mercedes-e63-amg.html)

2010 Mercedes E63 AMG Unleashed: 6.3-liter V8 boasting 518bhp

Official information regarding the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG sedan has been released along with the first batch of official photos. The E63 AMG now makes 518bhp (386kW) and 465lb ft (630Nm) of maximum torque compared to the current car's 507bhp (378kW) and the same amount of torque. Mercedes-Benz is sticking AMG's 6.3-litre naturally aspirated V8 on this one. Performance should be similar to that of the outgoing E63 with figures of 4.5 seconds for the 0 - 62mph sprint and a top speed of 155mph (249km/h).

Despite the minimal increase in power the car is said to quaff 12 percent less fuel resulting in an average consumption of 22.4mpg. One of the components credited for this is the Speedshift MCT 7-speed gearbox found in the SL63 AMG. It has four driving modes namely Controlled Efficiency, Sport, Sport Plus and Manual.

The standard car comes wearing 18-inch AMG alloys with size 255/40 front and 285/35 rear tyres. There is an optional 19-inch rim available. In terms of exterior cosmetics the big AMG gets LED daytime running lights, a more aggressive front spoiler, a rear diffuser and four tailpipes as per current AMG standard issue.

It is expected that the new E63 AMG sedan will go on sale in the UK in September. It is also expected that the public will get first live glimpse at the 2009 New York International Auto Show next week.

[Editor's Note] Press release first mentions 6.3-liter V8 engine and then later states 6208 cc. This is probably the source of confusion as several meida outlets have reported inconsistent figures.

Source: worldcarfans.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1240193)
[Editor's Note] Press release first mentions 6.3-liter V8 engine and then later states 6208 cc. This is probably the source of confusion as several meida outlets have reported inconsistent figures.

Hanmust, all the 63 AMG models are wrongly assumed to have a 6.3L engine whereas they actually have the 6208cc supercharged V8. All the 63 variants are actually 6.2L V8.

Also, a LOT of pictures there, thanks a ton. By the way, any news of an AMG-powered W212 E-Class coupe as yet? I'm sure they'll be out with one soon. They've launched the W212 Coupe, anyway. An AMG should follow.

Styling still hard to digest. Have to see this one in person before making up my mind. Front looks like someone took a jab at someone else's face and it's distorted now.

Looks between a cross between SAAB and Merc :)

Awesome pics..the interiors look awesome and classy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingspur (Post 1240358)
Hanmust, all the 63 AMG models are wrongly assumed to have a 6.3L engine whereas they actually have the 6208cc supercharged V8. All the 63 variants are actually 6.2L V8.

Slight correction, the 6.2L is Naturally Aspirated and not supercharged.

You'd think the editor would know about the reasoning behind the 63 badging of a 6.2. It is rounded up to the nearest hundred as per German tax laws. So the 6208 rounds up to a 63.

they have completely messed up the rear, even AMG badge looks out of place :(

I like it!The interiors have a mix between classy & sporty looks. And we couldn't complain about the power, could we? :D

Nice. I like what I see. The more I see the new E the more I like it. I still havent come to terms with that Korean style rear end though but this AMG looks delicious. I just love those AMG alloys.

agree: with Dippy. Those alloys look awe-inspiring. hats off to AMG.

Personally love the front and side profile, the more i see it, the more i am falling in love with the E. Wish Merc Designers would have implemented some original ideas for rear design.

Nevertheless looks stonker of a car.

Cheers

I have mixed feelings about this car's looks. The overall effect is good, but, get rid of the grille and the badge and you'll have a Hyundai in front of you.
The interior might be made of good quality material, but, looks incredibly cluttered. Also looks a bit outdated.
Wheels, as a couple of you have said, are cool. However, there's a distinct feeling that Mercedes have tried a bit too hard to appeal to a younger clientele.
Good car, but, not my choice. That would be the RS6 or the XFR.

Thread already exists.Should be merged.

Hmmm...
Looks kewl.

But as Aditya said, there's a hint of mixed feelings on my side too.

There're some classical Mercedes touches which pours in a lot of class into the car but some immature aspects tend to show out in some angles.

Interiors of all the modern cars are becoming more and more filled in with quirky buttons, switches and twists leaving it cluttered, unpleasing and confused.

Interior is great, but IMO outer looks not that impressive. (especially from front)

the rims are fantastic, love the black interior and the quad exhausts.
the rear lights somehow remind me of the sonata embera, and i dont like them