Team-BHP - Suzuki introduces new Escudo in Japan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Suzuki introduces new Escudo in Japan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/5609-suzuki-introduces-new-escudo-japan.html)

Suzuki Motor Corp. introduced its third-generation Escudo in Japan.

Originally introduced in 1988, the Escudo sport-utility vehicle gained international fame as the Vitara/Grand Vitara.

The New Escudo was previewed as the Concept-X2 at the New York Autoshow earlier this year.

New Escudo features unibody construction with ladder-frame chassis. It is equipped with a full-time four-wheel drive system with locking central differential. There's all-independent suspension around.

Major external dimensions: LxWxH (mm): 4390x1810x1695 mm. Wheelbase: 2640 mm.

There are two engines: a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder petrol, capable of 107 kW (145 PS) @ 6000 rpm and 193 Nm @ 4000 rpm; and a 2.7-liter V6 petrol engine capable of 135 kW (184 PS) @ 6000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 4500 rpm. Transmission options for the smaller engine include five-speed-manual or four-speed auto, while the bigger engine gets a five-speed auto.

Standard equipment includes high-intensity discharge headlamps, satellite navigation, electronic stability program, ABS with EBD, front dual airbags, side curtain airbag, ISOFIX child seat fixings etc.

Monthly sales target in Japan: 15000 units

Does it look inspired by a certain Mitsubishi SUV? Either ways, Suzukis new age designs rock!! Modern yet conservative looking.

How about replacing the Vitara with this beast?

GTO

Yeah would love to see it on Indian roads....but seems a little small on the inside.

Drifter

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Does it look inspired by a certain Mitsubishi SUV? Either ways, Suzukis new age designs rock!! Modern yet conservative looking.

How about replacing the Vitara with this beast?

GTO

yeah it sorta looks lik the Mitsu pajero/endeavor. It does replace the Viatra infact :). It would be nice if it came to india..the 143 ps engine would suffice i think.

wow. i would certainly be the first to book it, if it comes to india. is maruti having any plans??

Looks amazing :)

Btw can sum1 tell why is there an aditional rear view mirror on the left, which was there on the Honda CRVs also ???

Yeah looks wise the car is a big change from the current model. Also i'm sure the same should be heading to india after the global launch as it is imported as CBU in India.

That mirror looks cute, I have seen this fixed in some ambys.

The SUV looks very good and has a very neat design. Hope Maruti plans to bring it to India.

Looks amazing. Especially the interior/central console..
And the steering is so similar to that of Swift!

Love Suzuki! clap:

Looks great doesn't it! Does resemble a bit to the Mitsus, but, i still love it.
The interiors look good. Hmmmmmm...... how about some black leathers on the seat? I think it'll look great!

Its high time Suzuki replaces the Vitara with this and revises prices and makes it a direct competition with the CRVs and the Tucson..

man its one hell of a machine it looks damn edgy
hope cars like this come to india

spot on GTO, Cali....the wheel arches are very pajero like....the squarish front seems to be 'inspired' too :) ... also isn't the rear view mirror on the left copied from the pajero? (or is it from the landcruiser)

i dont see why they wouldn't it to india....its just a matter of time i suppose...

maruti have been advertising the vitara heavily on the net....on eco times, hindustan times and sify motoring....probably to sell off old stock while not spending too much on tapping HNIs with advertising (i work with internet advertising so track these things)...

Nice design, though it DOES look smal from the inside... I got a mugshot of the Grand Vitara like this, and it looks miles wider andd roomier than this... can't wait to see it on our roads, though...