Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2005, 19:08   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
It all comes down to this. If you ever meet a person who owns a CL65 or a SL65, ask him why he bought it.
Simple, Filthy Rich No.1 lives in Hampton and his neighbour Filthy Rich No.2 owns a Ferrari and likes to show it off. Not to be outdone, FR No.1 goes to his friendly neighbourhood Merc dealer and picks up a SL65 simply because he wants to walk over to the fence and tell his neighbour that his new ride has more power than his Ferrari. Weather he is going to use the power or not is totally irrelevant. He definitely would'nt want to buy an identical Ferrari and even if he did, he probably would/nt fit in it. Trust me, there are lots of people like this who will ensure that its a hit.
Old 20th May 2005, 19:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Good one rev.but if u see i have mentioned that the SL and CL 65 are power statements not that the can use that power well.if u see topgear u must have seen how the Cl 65 could not go forward when 4-5 people were pulling it behind,that is because it could not get the power down.that is its drawback.

but tell me how many owners of the SL and CL take them on track.not many but the point is when it comes to accelerating from say 40mph to 140mph this is were the car excels.this is where it can kill many a porsche's.

and i must mention why the cars have 250mph speed regulators because in Germany if a car goes fater than 155mph it has to pay green tax.and everyone knows merc does not want to pay this.so one can remove the speed limiter as option.it is all to please the green comunity u see.in Us the have now kept a 130mph limit for SUV's.so what is the use of the Canyne.

and i must say u have to read this thing about the SL65 at a US dragstrip.it will clear many of ur doubts.Mercs are Drag(straight line) rockets not sporty driving machines like porsches and bmw.hence the dont advertise them as sporty.

PLEASE......PLEASE READ THIS

see link:
http://automobilemag.com/reviews/con...mg/index2.html

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th May 2005 at 19:25.
Old 20th May 2005, 19:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Simple, Filthy Rich No.1 lives in Hampton and his neighbour Filthy Rich No.2 owns a Ferrari and likes to show it off. Not to be outdone, FR No.1 goes to his friendly neighbourhood Merc dealer and picks up a SL65 simply because he wants to walk over to the fence and tell his neighbour that his new ride has more power than his Ferrari. Weather he is going to use the power or not is totally irrelevant. He definitely would'nt want to buy an identical Ferrari and even if he did, he probably would/nt fit in it. Trust me, there are lots of people like this who will ensure that its a hit.
Exactly my point.whatever be the case it is still the most powerful production car in the world.here power is torque and not bhp.
Old 20th May 2005, 19:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
which engine are u talking here.the maybach 62 and 57 have the twin turbo 55 series engine and not the 65 series engine in the SL and Cl 65's.the Maybach Exelero has the 65 series engine with bumped output
Sorry, I meant to say the same engine family. The 65 and the 69 are just bored and stroked versions of the same V12 bi-turbo unit.
Chrysler ME412 used a quad turbo version of the same engine and pumps out 850bhp out of a Ricardo manual transmission.
Old 20th May 2005, 21:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my point.whatever be the case it is still the most powerful production car in the world.here power is torque and not bhp.
Well, if you've watched the TG CL65 vid, you will also realise that even though these cars are powerful, they don't look any diff from a regular Merc. So, the owners of these cars will really have to do what JC does in the vid. Hang a "I'm better than you" board around your neck, buy a loadspeaker and keep telling the world how powerful your car is.

Anyway, i'm not against the power, but the way the car has been designed. It doesn't perform, look or make an impact, the way a 612bhp car should.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 20th May 2005 at 21:03.
Old 20th May 2005, 21:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Maybe that is true but it is called as wolf in sheeps clothing
Old 20th May 2005, 21:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe that is true but it is called as wolf in sheeps clothing
Nope, it's called a "Wolf's soul in a Sheep's body". No matter how fierce a wolf is, it's still limited to what the sheep's body is capable of.

Shan2nu
Old 20th May 2005, 21:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

hey Shan2nu,Ported and other guys we have kind of hijacked S350L-E240's thread.
Old 11th November 2006, 13:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

Brabus SV12 S Biturbo Roadster is claimed to the most powerfull roadster.

http://www.automotoportal.com/articl...turbo_Roadster

but there is another roadster, which i would like to mention here is the Shelby Cobra of the 60's.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]" As the saying goes, too much power is almost enough. So thought Carroll Shelby when he shoe-horned a 427-cubic-inch Ford V-8 under the hood of a small British roadster, giving birth to the legendary 427 Cobra. "

and a new shelby cobra concept is in the cards now:

http://www.stangnet.com/2005shelbycobraconcept/

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks